Unable to Install Win7-64bit SATA Issue

Hi Guys,

Mobo: eVGA P55-FTW

I'm not able to do a clean Win7-64 install. When I run the installer it will ask to load SATA AHCI drivers. I have downloaded all the new drivers from this site and copied them into a CD but still nothing no luck.

I get this error:

The Intel PCH SATA AHCI controller iaAHCI.inf device driver could not be installed. Contact your vendor.

Any clues guys?

Could be a number of things... bit mismatch (32-bit driver on 64-bit OS), corrupt driver, corrupt CD... I'd start by redownloading (double check it's the right driver) and reburning your CD, with verification.

Also, you shouldn't need to load the drivers. If you enable AHCI, then boot to the 7 disc and at the screen where you choose your HDD, you should see the drive there. If you do (which you absolutely should on an intel board), then there's no need to install any drivers. Just click the drive, partition it how you want or if you want 1 large drive just click it and press next. It does the rest.

The problem is I don't even get there.. I hit "Install Windows Now" then right after I get the error.

Finally I decided to install Vista 64 just to see if it was something with the mobo and it installed without a hitch... lucky me :(

Back