Unable to get 3:4 Mem divider to work

PnoT

Weaksauce
I'm using an abit it7 max 2 and i have 2 sticks (Dual Channel) Corsair 3200LLPL which is bh-5. My problem is i am unable to run the 3:4 mem divider in the bios and get my system to post. I currently have my fsb @ 150 and at 1:1 the memory is running at 150 and timings on 2-2-2-5. Problem is when i jump the mem divider to 3:4 the pc will not boot. I have even relaxed the timings on the mem to 2-3-3-6 just to try it out and nothing. I have NO clue why this memory will not boot at it's own default timings which should be 200mhz with 3:4 divider @ 150fsb. Any ideas?

What version is your Corsair XMS3200LL? I know you say its BH5 but on my Abit BD7-II Raid I have a similiar issue which is due to CH5.

With 2 x 512MB Winbond BH5 installed 3:4 works flawlessly at 200MHz 2-2-2-5 and 2.7v, however with the Winbond CH5 I can only run 150MHz 1:1, like you are seeing, I cant even get the 3:4 divider to post at any timings.

Seriously, check your version, it looks very likely you have CH5 there.

Nitro16 said:
What version is your Corsair XMS3200LL? I know you say its BH5 but on my Abit BD7-II Raid I have a similiar issue which is due to CH5.

With 2 x 512MB Winbond BH5 installed 3:4 works flawlessly at 200MHz 2-2-2-5 and 2.7v, however with the Winbond CH5 I can only run 150MHz 1:1, like you are seeing, I cant even get the 3:4 divider to post at any timings.

Seriously, check your version, it looks very likely you have CH5 there.

The revisions is 1.1 on the corsair.
I have bh-5 sticks for sure i've already tore of the spredders :)

I also have 2 sticks of Kingston bh-5, single sided, that will not work on 3:4 either. The corsair is double sided for a DC Kit but either way none of the sticks work. Someone in another forum told me that there was an issue with bh-5 on my board but i've been unable to find anything on it at all. That might explain what's going on but i have yet to see anyone else post about an issue like this. Makes me wanna throw my it7 away but it's been a good system for a long time :( Thanks for the input hopefully with some help i can get this problem worked out.

Back