Unable to find a BIG RED 4U-5U

Wil32

n00b
Sup guyz, im going on the next phase for my media storage, i remember that i saw in the pass that 4U-5U with some 25+ HDD room in it, it was RED could you guys help me find it

Before you get all excited about it, if you do some reading on it on the forum, you'll see that is actually is a quite poor solution (and expensive for what you're getting). I wouldn't use one myself.

Yeah, the thing is a piece of crap. It mixes PCI-E SATA controller cards with PCI SATA controller cards, a total bottleneck. There are better solutions/motherboards/controllers out there now that are cheaper.

If you just want raw storage, then these are fine, but if you are looking for performance, these are severely lacking.

Yeah, the thing is a piece of crap. It mixes PCI-E SATA controller cards with PCI SATA controller cards, a total bottleneck. There are better solutions/motherboards/controllers out there now that are cheaper.

If you just want raw storage, then these are fine, but if you are looking for performance, these are severely lacking.

What running 15 drives off of a PCI (133MB/s) interface with one controller and three SATA expanders is a bad idea for performance?

Back