Unable to change background

VulturEMaN

Gawd
If i go to change the background, I'll select a different file and hit Open, and it just goes back to the display properties page with nothing changed, and no new picture showing...any ideas? :-/

Based on his other post, it appears to be some flavor of Vista. I could be wrong...

No.. it's XP... look at the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window...definitely XP....with a skin of some sort. The first thing I would do is ditch whatever skinning app your using and see if that solves your problem... it seems to me that both of the problems your having could be due to your skin....

Sry I didn't mention that before...yes its xp, and its not an app, just a modified uxtheme.dll....pretty common nowadays todo...

in past xp installs, i've never had problems with this skin or modifying the theme dll (and changing them back and going to the normal XP skin does nothing), so neither are the problem.

I don't know... if your certain your modified .dll isn't related to it somehow... have you scanned for ad/spy/malware?

That's all I got...

Back