Unable to access site

Valaire

Gawd
Hi, I have a WRT54G linksys broadband router with a pretty standard setup, nothing special.

I am unable to access my school's library webpage because the connection times out in both IE and Firefox. Other people off campus (like me) can connect to it fine. I am using Windows XP SP2 and my Linksys as firewalls. Is there a setting on my Linksys that is not playing nice?

Thanks.

Volucris

Gawd
MorfiusX said:
Maybe your ISP DNS servers suck? Are you getting any error messages?
If so, configuring the router and PC with www.opendns.com will help.

Valaire

Gawd
I wouldn't put it past them. I use Verizon Avenue DSL which does suck tremendously. Any disadvantages to switching to OpenDNS?

MorfiusX

2[H]4U
Volucris said:
If so, configuring the router and PC with www.opendns.com will help.
This is what I was leading into. I haven't found any problems using OpenDNS, especially for a home user. I have even switch several of my clients over to it.

Valaire

Gawd
I switched my linksys over to their two static DNS, but it does not want to work. Tried the test a few times but keeps coming back with a fail.

Valaire

Gawd
Okay I got the opendns working. Unfortunately that page still won't load. Any other ideas?

NS80

Limp Gawd
Easynews has a warning on their site about a recent Windows update causing problems with loading HTTP 1.1 sites. Try unchecking the Use HTTP 1.1 checkbox under Advanced in Internet Options and see if that helps. I was having trouble with a bunch of sites yesterday and after doing that they all load fine now. It might not be your issue but it's quick and easy to try.