UN40JU7100 slowly failing. Should I replace or fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ski

[H]ard|Gawd
Had the TV for 5 years so out of warranty. I'm just now experiencing purple patches on the corner of the screen similar to here and wondering if I should go to a local repair shop and see if they can fix it or simply upgrade? If it's the latter can anyone recommend a good tv for professional use primarily for 3d modeling and rendering, movies/tv, and light gaming. I loved my Samsung and the only issue I experienced before the purple patch issue came up was the gamma shift when looking at the TV from different angles so maybe this is a good excuse to grab something with decent HDR and other features available in some 2020 models. Oh and also, anything below $500 since my budget can't exceed that.

Thanks guys.

I have just written of my old Eizo 2421, because a black spot started to grow from the lower edge at one point. I sent the photos to Eizo service shop, and they told me that it's probably the pixel matrix disintegrating due to heat/age/pressure, but I had 35500 hours on the unit, so they told me it's a waste of money to try to repair it. They will probably tell you the same - electronics is built with planned obsolescence, display units are subject to heat, heat is a source of entropy, entropy eventually breaks things down. Be a good consumer and buy a new unit ;-)

I have just written of my old Eizo 2421, because a black spot started to grow from the lower edge at one point. I sent the photos to Eizo service shop, and they told me that it's probably the pixel matrix disintegrating due to heat/age/pressure, but I had 35500 hours on the unit, so they told me it's a waste of money to try to repair it. They will probably tell you the same - electronics is built with planned obsolescence, display units are subject to heat, heat is a source of entropy, entropy eventually breaks things down. Be a good consumer and buy a new unit ;-)

sooooo hmmmm, what would you recommend in the 40-43 inch category?

I don’t know where you’re located Ski, but I have three NIB Samsung TVs from that era sitting in my basement. Two 40s and a curved 43”. I don’t really plan on using them, but the issue is that they’d cost so much to ship, most people would rather just buy something from Amazon. But, it might be worth looking into. From what I’ve read, the newer Samsungs in that size range are actually a step down in some regards.

I don’t know where you’re located Ski, but I have three NIB Samsung TVs from that era sitting in my basement. Two 40s and a curved 43”. I don’t really plan on using them, but the issue is that they’d cost so much to ship, most people would rather just buy something from Amazon. But, it might be worth looking into. From what I’ve read, the newer Samsungs in that size range are actually a step down in some regards.

I've read similar reviews what you are alluding ton and I agree. on a different note, what models you own?

I've read similar reviews what you are alluding ton and I agree. on a different note, what models you own?

UN40KU6290 (flat)
UN40KU6300 (flat)
UN43KU7500 (curved)

If you wish to discuss further, let's take this to PMs though - we're not really supposed to use the non FS/T forums as a marketplace and I don't want to turn this into a for sale thread. :)

Reactions: Ski
like this
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back