Ultrawide monitor Nvidia and freesync

Tricyclthief

Limp Gawd
Starting new thread to keep it clear and concise.

I've narrowed my ultrawide hunt down to the LG 38WK95C3/38UC99 or the 34GK950F. I've read the 38" is working with gsync and know the 34" one does. So it comes down to 75hz and larger screen vs 144hz.

Has anyone gamed on the 38? Im honestly not sure the 144hz is that important to me, I feel I'd be happier with 38" and being able to ditch dual monitors then a 34 and feel I still need a 2nd for YouTube etc.

Any thoughts from people who own those monitors?

Thanks

I'm using a 34" LG ultrawide (1080p 166Hz G-Sync model), and it's great.

Had a triple screen setup before, and I like the ultrawide format better, even though there is less real estate.

38" is definitely a nicer size, so I guess it depends how much you care about the smoothness.

I would recommend the higher refresh, as it makes a big difference in the feel of games.

Also, G-Sync/FreeSync is key. I would not buy a display without it.

I have a 38" Acer ultrawide. I love size, refresh rate, but hate...HATE HATE HATE freesync, because its broken on this monitor model. Anything above 60Hz makes the screen "brigthtness" flicker if freesync is enabled. NOTHING solves it other than disabling freesync. There are lots of threads on AMD and Acer complaining about Freesync Flicker, and in my library only a handful of games that run around 55fps makes FreeSync worthwhile. 75Hz is nice and fluid, but Freesync, UGH. I can NOT get it to work correctly in the majority of games (And yes, VEGA 64 with every single damn driver version). And Acer will NOT address the issue. Its either the cable, drivers, my specific Windows 10 install or blaming AMD.

LAST Acer monitor I'll buy.

I'd suggested the LG 38" with an option to return if Freesync is borked on that model too.

I have a 38" Acer ultrawide. I love size, refresh rate, but hate...HATE HATE HATE freesync, because its broken on this monitor model. Anything above 60Hz makes the screen "brigthtness" flicker if freesync is enabled. NOTHING solves it other than disabling freesync. There are lots of threads on AMD and Acer complaining about Freesync Flicker, and in my library only a handful of games that run around 55fps makes FreeSync worthwhile. 75Hz is nice and fluid, but Freesync, UGH. I can NOT get it to work correctly in the majority of games (And yes, VEGA 64 with every single damn driver version). And Acer will NOT address the issue. Its either the cable, drivers, my specific Windows 10 install or blaming AMD.

LAST Acer monitor I'll buy.

I'd suggested the LG 38" with an option to return if Freesync is borked on that model too.

I keep trying to warn people about Acer. They're trash. They've released several defective monitor designs, refused to fix them, deleted people's complaints on forums. They're trash.

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/456382/xb271hk-flickering

https://community.acer.com/en/discu...s-the-flickering-artifact-issue-still-a-thing

I Bought my Asus 34" ( Asus PG348Q ) Ultrawide last year ish. at lest a year ago, seems like I've had it longer.

3440x1440

Love it! 99hz gsync, just fine. Im a MMO player, so, ya, dont require crazy refresh, just stable.

The 38GK950F has the newer tech panel, somewhat brighter max and wider gamut. It also has a proper 48-144 range, the sync range on that 38 is really narrow.

24:10 4k wide is a nice productivity resolution though. If you don't mind waiting, later this year there will be a 38" GL option. It might be FPGA sync only, not sure, but if they are smart there will be a freesync option at a sane price.

Back