Ultramon won't detect 2nd monitor

Jaap74

n00b
Hi,

This is my setup :

Monitor 1 : BenQ 20" Widescreen using DVI (native 1680 x 1050)
Monitor 2 : Samsung 19" Widescreen using D-SUB (native 1440 x 900)

Using the NVidia utility works fine to clone the monitors however I can't work out how to adjust the resolution of the secondary monitor. Ultramon doesn't even detect the Samsung.

Also when I play video in Windows Media Player or a DVD it doesn't show on the Samsung.

Any help would be appreciated !

Thanks

I had to plug in my second monitor, turn it on then reboot. After a reboot both should show up in the display settings. Also if you have something plugged in via an s-video cable in the same card the secondary screen may not show up since I think most cards will only support up to 2 displays max - so disconnect that if you do.

yep a reboot did the job.....

i stillcan't play video on the 2nd monitor ?? is that normal ?

cheers

I dont know about that though - maybe there would be an issue if you're cloning the displays? You should be running in dual-view mode (or whatever its called) in which case each monitor is displaying its own set of applications. I know when I drag a video thats currently playing over to my secondary monitor it'll go black for a second before it resumes, but thats about the extent of it. Did you try stopping and restarting the video possibly?

If all else fails, try updating your videocard drivers and see if that helps *shrug*

Back