Ultra X-Finity 600W Power Supply Free After $65 Rebate at Frys.com + S/H (~$7)

davidtran007

[H]ard|Gawd
Frys.com sells Ultra X-Finity 600W Power Supply for $65 - $65 MIR = FREE.

UPDATE: Ground Shipping is now FREE

UPDATE #2: OOS

Product Link

$65 MIR Link

Lowest price found on Pricegrabber is $70 before tax and shipping.

Some people were wondering about the quality of this power supply. Here is a review on this product that I found. Seems to be a pretty decent power supply (i.e., not junk).

Review

NEW! X-Finity PSU - Featuring FlexForce Cables Breakthrough technology! Phenomenal power distribution. Easy to manage cabling system! Extraordinary airflow! This sizzling new X-Finity power supply features the innovative new dual rail technology for better power distribution. You'll get the smooth, trouble-free performance that's perfect for your powerful gaming system. The FlexForces' incomparable cables are dressed in a great looking titanium silver finish. Specially engineered cable design promotes easy cable management and 30% better airflow than ordinary cables. Crafted to accommodate both AMD and Intel CPUs! 24/20-pin motherboard connection. 4-pin +12V Molex connectors. 4-pin floppy power connectors. PCI Express, SATA and 8-pin EPS connectors. Versatile. Dependable. Affordable. The X-Finity FlexForce ATX power supply.

Credit to $D$Fan

Tempting, but I really don't need another PSU. Not bad for a backup though.

I think I'll end up getting one, though I'll wait a bit and see if they offer free shipping as well.

It will be a good backup so if my current computer ever dies on me I'll actually have something capable of running my system without having to change any settings.

So.... how long until Ultra starts giving away their 1kW X3 for free AR? :D

By the way... S-FLEX cables are AWESOME.

I was just about to post a thread about this deal...lol....will looks like it has already been done....anywho this deal is awesome...I am going out to get one tomorrow!

Anyone know if this will work with the hard to find DFI P95-S? I hear it's picky on PSU.

Anyone know if this will work with the hard to find DFI P95-S? I hear it's picky on PSU.

Well, the ultra psu's generally are not the best or most efficient. You can check out some reviews but there is a reason they sell for free after rebates all the time. :) I checked out a few reviews and it showed it to be less than 70% efficient, which is somewhat bad. Good PSU's are 90%+ efficient, which means less heat(which means less chance of failing) and less on the electric bill.

Seeing as DFI are probably the most power hungry mobos, I dont know, id go with a higher quality one myself. Although judging by the few reviews I checked out, it seems like the rails are fairly stable. But bleh, from experience I can tell you the "Ultra" line psus are not the greatest.

With all that said, it comes to about $7.00 after rebate so you cant really complain.

Darn! Another FAR ULTRA PSU that I could have used in my system. If I only had waited... Good deal nonetheless.

Ultra's are the best. I have been using them for the last 4 years.

I am in for 1 for my main computer, it will replace 500 watts Ultra X-Finity :D

Looks to be that this is a great PSU, so I am going down to my local fry's today to get one. I will post pictures. :D

excellent. i'm a far psu whore. guess i'll use this while i rma my squealing enhance 500w.

Hot, but I'm in no need of one right now. $12.36
I'll wait until a free shipping deal shows up to make it ~5.

Even though I bought one (I'm like a female in a high priced clothing store when it comes to computer hardware...) I'd just like to point out Ultra rebates take a good while to process. I'm still waiting on my $40 dollar rebate from my Ultra Wizard PC case. So if you have 65 bucks you won't be needing for a couple months, I'd say go for it, however like many MIRs don't expect to be even anytime soon.

Even though I bought one (I'm like a female in a high priced clothing store when it comes to computer hardware...) I'd just like to point out Ultra rebates take a good while to process. I'm still waiting on my $40 dollar rebate from my Ultra Wizard PC case. So if you have 65 bucks you won't be needing for a couple months, I'd say go for it, however like many MIRs don't expect to be even anytime soon.

I just got my Ultra rebates from my 1st Ultra Wizard case and a FAR 500W PSU. While they do take awhile to get here, they do come eventually.

Well, I'm in for one.

Got my rebate form printed out and ready to go... now I just need the PSU to arrive.

it really depends. I got in on the first wave of the psu and wizard case each time (iirc, they changed rebate houses) and always got the rebate real quick. On the psu, I got it within a month. The ultra microfly took about 3 months though. Overall I wouldn't worry too much

Ordered it and will post some pics and a review. :D Found out that this is an online only deal....that's a first from frys....I usually was able to get most of the stuff they had online at my local frys so I can save on shipping costs...:rolleyes:

yikes 7" long. don't think it can fit in my case :(. i've got a 2x120 up top up as forward as it'll go. my enhance is 5.5" and only has about half an inch of leeway. ack.

I have an Ultra X-Finity 500w PS... any real reason to get this 600? It there going to be any real difference between them?

Planning on building a HTPC...
C2D E4300 OC'd on air as far as I can take it
4GB RAM
decent video card but not gaming
2 NICs
additional PCI-E SATA RAID card

Thanks for the input.

I have an Ultra X-Finity 500w PS... any real reason to get this 600? It there going to be any real difference between them?

Planning on building a HTPC...
C2D E4300 OC'd on air as far as I can take it
4GB RAM
decent video card but not gaming
2 NICs
additional PCI-E SATA RAID card

Thanks for the input.

The extra 100 watts could be helpful for the E4300 and 4GB Ram. I'd say buy it. It's free too! :D

Also, I think the push-pull fan config may help cooling a little bit over the 500's 1x120mm (at the expense of noise). But if that's something you need to consider, you may have bigger problems in your computer. :)

Also, I think the push-pull fan config may help cooling a little bit over the 500's 1x120mm (at the expense of noise). But if that's something you need to consider, you may have bigger problems in your computer. :)

I have the feeling 500w will be fine. I'd like the system to be as quiet as possible since it will be in the living room so you make a good point with the 120mm fan likely being quieter.

For an HTPC, I'd stickw ith the 500w for quieter run. However, I'd definitely pick up the 600w. Can't beat $7.84

$7.84 is too good to pass up. How can they possibly sell these at that price?

Thanks OP!

$7.84 is too good to pass up. How can they possibly sell these at that price?

Thanks OP!

They are expecting most people (which is statistically true, otherwise, the entire market wouldn't exist) to either

1) screw up on their rebate
2) forget about their rebate, and not properly document everything.
3) not fight it when they falsely deny it.

If you are interested, I have a form letter I fill out that I send to each rebate company along with every rebate I fill out. I haven't been denied a rebate in 3 years, except from soyo.
You can get my form letter here (zipped up word2003.doc file)

also bear in mind that doing a rebate means you can't return it anymore. not really a big deal with this product, but with the ram sales lately, a lot of people have been jumping the gun too quick on rebates

They are expecting most people (which is statistically true, otherwise, the entire market wouldn't exist) to either

1) screw up on their rebate
2) forget about their rebate, and not properly document everything.
3) not fight it when they falsely deny it.

If you are interested, I have a form letter I fill out that I send to each rebate company along with every rebate I fill out. I haven't been denied a rebate in 3 years, except from soyo.
You can get my form letter here (zipped up word2003.doc file)

Thanks for the form letter. Normally I just call and say .....
respect.jpg

Woo Hoo...Got mines just 5 mins ago....
fscn0438psubf1.jpg

I always get excited when I get a package in the mail...even when it's not mines too sometimes...lol ;)

Back