Ultra Street Fighter IV is out on Steam.

I gotz two, but you can find me at gentleman_squid_studio. say something like HORDE! or Hardocp or...You suck! And I'd love to play you :)

I'm a Vega, El Fuerte, Makoto, Abel player. Pick one!

also a few others

At this point I don't foresee any major changes to Ultra SF4. I'm sure they'll fix some of the overt glitches (hitbox problems) but they're about to start working on a new SF game.
I know the game gets a lot of grief about being unbalanced, but I do kinda wonder how much of that is just a kneejerk reaction. EVO had a wide variety of characters in the top 16 and while a few characters DO suck, I think most are viable outside of some specific matches.
I'm ready to close the door on SF4 and I get the feeling Capcom is, too. I bet we see one final glitch fixing and (maybe) tiny rebalance patch and that's the end.

Looks like I was really, really wrong.
This is coming: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/...-dlc-announced-tokyo-game-show-omega-edition/

It doesn't appear to be designed for serious matches and it might not even be an option online, but it seems like good mindless fun. After seeing some of the goofy stuff they gave Ken and Guile I'm curious what the hell Zangief and T. Hawk will end up with. Reminds me a bit of those unofficial mod chip versions of Champion Edition back in the day.

Looks like I was really, really wrong.
This is coming: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/...-dlc-announced-tokyo-game-show-omega-edition/

It doesn't appear to be designed for serious matches and it might not even be an option online, but it seems like good mindless fun. After seeing some of the goofy stuff they gave Ken and Guile I'm curious what the hell Zangief and T. Hawk will end up with. Reminds me a bit of those unofficial mod chip versions of Champion Edition back in the day.

There's no telling haha, I mean Blanka has a teleport in it! Looks like most of the changes too put your opponent in a juggle state for some cool extended combo stuff. I can't wait to try out this mode. I believe it is supposed to be an option for endless lobbies online at least. Hopefully this patch greatly fixes the ranked mode in online then it'll be good stuff all around.

Also I just want to agree with your sentiment earlier about how balanced the game is. There definitely are character tiers, but it's not as pronounced as in other fighting games. Pretty much every character is viable in some way, though some have better odds in particular matchups than others. SF4 tournaments typically have a variety of the cast make it into the top 8. Delayed wake up and red focus really helped offer some good offensive and defensive options for many characters as well.

Last edited:
Balance-wise, I dunno if we've ever seen so many characters doing well in tournaments. I mean, an El Fuerte cleaned house in Japan this weekend. We saw Zangief, Rufus, Sagat, Rose, and Fei Long in the final round of EVO. Rolento seems to be able to keep up with anyone in the right hands. In spite of Honda supposedly sucking, Mike Ross and Hoodaman are still beating a TON of people with him. People talk like Yun is overpowered...yet almost nobody is winning events with him. Ditto with Evil Ryu.

I'm certainly no great player, but on the outside looking in, I'm seeing and\ insane variety of characters doing well. That alone is showing more balance than the other SF4 games. Some characters like Dee Jay and Seth probably need a tweak or two to be viable...but I'll take that over the total unbalanced mess from previous games.

Back