Ultra PSU parts needed

GameDad

[H]ard|Gawd
I have an ultra 550 watt model ult-550p ultra xconnect2 psu that the fan has gone bad on, I have contacted them asking if i can get a fan from then, but they no longer have the parts, I basically got a "good luck try the internet" message.
I am in need of a 135mm fan that has a 2-pin connector, i could even use one with three pins,(I know how to convert it) but i am having lots of difficulty finding 135mm fans, 120 yes, 140 yes, but no 135's
any help or advice on where i might find one of these would be gratefully received. :)

It's not worth replacing the fan of such a poor quality PSU. I recommend that you just purchase a new unit.

It's not worth replacing the fan of such a poor quality PSU. I recommend that you just purchase a new unit.

Actually it has worked great, this is the first and only problem i have had with it, and it is for my wifes computer, so it doesn't need to be huge.

I have thought about modding another size into place for it, but the location is such a specific setup, and even if i got a 135mm fan, i would have to do some modification anyways.

Or Staples has the EarthWatts 430 for 28.80... it rings up at the register at that price at least :)

Actually it has worked great, this is the first and only problem i have had with it, and it is for my wifes computer, so it doesn't need to be huge.
This is the PSU you have: http://www.hardocp.com/article/2008/02/06/ultra_x2_extreme_edition_750w_power_supply/

It's literally the exact same model, since the 750W model was actually just the 550W model with a second label applied over the original one on the side of the PSU. That should be enough evidence that it should be replaced. The amount of time and money that you'll have to spend to fix your current poor-quality PSU is not worth it compared to simply buying a new and good quality unit to replace it outright.

This is going to sound insanely gheto but this is what I did with a PSU once. Took a piece of cardboard. Cut a 120mm hole in it. Glued the fan to the cardboard, then glued the cardboard to the inside of the PSU and VOILA !! That was one perfectly working FSP PSU with a gheto mod :D Kinda like a really really rea hea heaaaly poor mans fan size adapter :D

I took a good 120 fan, and turned it at an angle. The holes lined up perfectly. although only two are usable.

My Ultra is still kicking.

give it a few weeks we will have a new thread OMG WTF my system blew up!!

Same thing happened to mine. I just figure replace it. I don't trust taking apart a psu.

Same thing happened to mine. I just figure replace it. I don't trust taking apart a psu.

even though i could probably board level troubleshoot it, i wouldn't go any further than replacing the fan, too much extra trouble and time, but a fan is easy to replace. and since the psu has worked great for 3 years so far and the only problem is the fan, i think i could replace it and keep it for a backup.

I thought Ultra has a lifetime warranty- I would've tried to RMA the whole thing before cracking it open.

I thought Ultra has a lifetime warranty- I would've tried to RMA the whole thing before cracking it open.

it has a lifetime warranty if you registered it within 30 days or something, i never did, other wise i would have!

Back