Ultra Bluray - Non Kaby Lake CPUs

Has anyone heard anything about progress on getting Ultra Bluray to work on non Intel Kaby Lake CPUs? Right before Kaby Lake came out, I bought an i7 6700K. I also just bought a Ryzen 1700X. Neither of these CPUs are slouches and quite frankly I don't understand (other than control/greed/money/etc) why I can't watch Ultra Bluray on my PC. I also have high end GPUs so between those and the processors I should have no problems, except that it's artificially limited. SlySoft is dead and DVDFab apparently isn't going to try to crack the Ultra Bluray encryption, so this means that the adoption of Ultra Bluray is going to be extremely slow.

Has anyone heard of any alternatives to DVDFab or SlySoft so I can use my current hardware to watch these discs?

intel has it locked down. heres what powerdvd says about it:

"Ultra HD Blu-ray disc playback on PC requires Intel® 7th Generation Core™ i5/i7 processors (selected models: KabyLake-S & KabyLake-H), Intel® HD Graphics 630 chipsets, as well as HDR, HDCP 2.2 and HDMI 2.0a compatible motherboards with Intel SGX support and displays, which are expected to ship in early 2017. An Ultra HD Blu-ray certified Optical Disc Drive is also required for playback of Ultra HD Blu-ray discs. Please consult your Optical Disc Drive manufacturer’s website to see if your device is certified."

its bullshit!

There was talk of NVidia providing the required support.
Not followed it since so not sure if it has become more than a vision.

Back