Ultimate USB Flash Drive - Utilities, OS etc.

ShepsCrook

[H]F Junkie
I wasn't sure exactly where to put this, however I'm wondering if anyone has done this and has some suggestions on how to accomplish this or direction.

So, I've wanted to build an Ultimate Flash Drive that contains a ton of useful tools as well as OSes, Antivirus, Recovery, Troubleshooting etc in a bootable flash drive.

I'd like the drive to maybe have a desktop to boot into or maybe even the ability to have a Windows To Go desktop, and a Linux desktop.

I'm looking into tooks to accomplish all of this and I keep landing on Yumi or Pendrive Linux.

Below are some of the options.

128GB USB3.0 Flash Drive:
:

Windows:
Windows 10 32/64bit
Windows 7 Home, Pro, Ult. 32/64
Windows XP Home Pro

Linux:
Ubuntu 32/64
Linux Mint 32/64
Maybe a couple others

Utilities:
Bitdefender Rescue CD
AVG Rescue CD
Hirens
Acronis
Norton Ghost
UBCD
PCLogin Now
Memtest
Maybe some others

Other:
Latest Drivers for some hardware that I use.
Maybe Portable Apps.

The problem most people have is 'why?'

Hirens does everything. It even has mini XP, mini 7 and a GUI linux distro in there.

ShepsCrook!

Long time no talk my friend. I hope all is well!

Solution: Easy2Boot

For instance, my bootable USB 32GB Flash Drive includes:

Windows XP Pro
Vista AIO
W7 AIO
W8 AIO
Windows 7 PE
Windows 8 PE

Utilities:
DFT
MemTest86+
Parted Magic
Macrium Reflect PE
SeaTools
DBAN

Basically, I can install ANY version of windows, hardware diagnostics and data back up/recovery/wipe with one flash drive. It is a GODSEND. Very easy to update and maintain too. All the information/tutorials you need are on that site. I have been using it for years.

Tips:

Most newer USB flash drives are "fixed" drives. Thus when you first build the flash drive make it NTFS. However, there are certain .ISO's you have to convert to .imgPTN to properly work on a fixed flash drive so for those be sure drag n' drop the iso onto MPI_FAT32 for maximum compatibility. Don't forget to use the contiguous script on the flash drive when you copy/delete new files to the flash drive.

Tip #2, Windows 7 and before were not designed to be installed by USB 3.0 so you may have issues. There are way to get USB 3.0 drivers pre-loaded but I simply just use USB 2.0 ports and then it will work, just have to be aware of this.

Good Luck! Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.

Back