Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3

I won't, less than a year between releases is too soon. Plus thert will probably be an arcade edition out in 6 months.

Last edited:
This why you should never buy a new Capcom game - it will just be re-released with new and exclusive content 12 months later.

What does this one add? I wish theyd just patch the gameplay and add the characters as DLC. Its stupid charging $60 for 4 new fighters. Would anyone pay $15 for a new character?

Or, like with windows, allow users to "upgrade" (from premium to ultimate) for a fee.

DLC was supposed to see the end of the "re-release the same game 2-6 times" but Capcom is having its cake and eating it too - lock half of the disc up as paid-DLC, then re-release it with new content that you can't get via DLC. Call me "entitled" but it's beyond pathetic.

Apparently plenty of people find this acceptable and even approve of it.

Last edited:
Capcom have been doing this for a while. Like with Devil may cry and it's "special editions" with extra characters (this was on the PS2 so no DLC) and with the continual "new editions" of monster hunter with a few new monsters and new items (though to be fair these generally do have lots of new content, and they don't sell DLC for it). But the difference is with monster hunter and DMC, these new editions were after a year or more.

These new street fighter whole new games are every few months, are full price, and mean that your "old game" is totally useless. If SF games were $20 this wouldn't be an issue.

Their story is a combination of :

A. The earthquake in Japan messed up scheduling
B. There is too much content to be DLC

There's a huge debate/backlash in the community. My beef is that the balance and netplay updates should be free, the characters, meh. They could be DLC (still a ripoff at $5 a character), or could just be in the sequel. It will only be $40, but a lot of people are still unhappy.

Here are some of the changes we know.

Has been slowed down a lot! With the removal of the DHC glitch, you won't be able to do team hypers back to back to back. The game will play along the same speeds as MvC2.

Now when you air juggle with your teammates, it drains your opponent's meter.

Many characters got nurfed (mostly the top tier tournament play characters) and some characters as you pointed out got buffs and new moves.

X factor in the air now. I also believe the overall damage and speed boost from X-Factor is lowered, but overall damage has either been increased or character health has decreased. Hard to tell.

Ryu does get a does have a new mode the same way you'd do Wolverine's Beserker Charge (down, down, two attacks). He also got a chargeable Hadouken which has different effects depending on how long it's charged. Ryu's hurricane kick super in "transformation mode" creates a huge vacuum that sucks you towards him no matter where you are on the screen.

Mags and Storm also got a gravity/wind move that allows them to pull an enemy closer or push them further away.

WOLVERINE has a new stabby stabby move, similar to E Honda's slapping move, or Chun Li's lightning kick

CHUN LI now has a stationary spinning bird kick that seems to have good priority over other moves

SHE HULK can now swing a street sign at you, causing a wall bounce

MORRIGAN has a new fireball that can apparently beat out molecular shield, and it appears to drain the opponent's super bar, giving it to morrigan's team. (Anti-Dark Phoenix anybody?)

C-Viper has a new optic blast that appears to beat out weaker, non beam projectiles

HULK has a new charge up punch move with probably ridiculous levels of super armor.

Taskmaster has a new command grab

Spencer has an air armor piercer akin to his ground one. It's like Super Skrull's jumping down heavy. Not the command meteor smash, but the regular air fist which causes an OTG.

Viewtiful Joe has a new dodge move that negates all hits and probably negates grabs too

The thing about holding out on something like this is that you'll run into players who didn't wait and potentially get stomped by new mechanics if you hold off. It's a no-win situation.
It does seem like a really quick turn-around, even for Capcom who is notorious for this.

Hoping they do it like SSF4AE were you can just D/L the content for 15 bucks and use your MvsC3 disc. Other then that fuck it im not buying it off the back, it will be 15 bucks after acouple months.

Hoping they do it like SSF4AE were you can just D/L the content for 15 bucks and use your MvsC3 disc. Other then that fuck it im not buying it off the back, it will be 15 bucks after acouple months.

It's not DLC. You see my post above? It's almost a completely different game. That character you love already, get ready to re-learn him/her.

I'm honestly not thrilled about the quick release of this, it should be at least a full year. Still the 12 characters on UMvsC alone are cheaper than a DLC release.

MvsC3, MK and BlazBlue charge $5 for each character (Maybe $7 for BlazBlue but whatever). 12 X 5 = $60…That’s $20 more if it was DLC.

It's not DLC. You see my post above? It's almost a completely different game. That character you love already, get ready to re-learn him/her.

I'm honestly not thrilled about the quick release of this, it should be at least a full year. Still the 12 characters on UMvsC alone are cheaper than a DLC release.

MvsC3, MK and BlazBlue charge $5 for each character (Maybe $7 for BlazBlue but whatever). 12 X 5 = $60…That’s $20 more if it was DLC.

That's part of the issue. Nobody said 5 USD should be "standard", and many of us don't feel it's fair. There has never been any data to say they need to charge that much. Make each character and stage 1 USD, provide the updates for free, and all we would need to spend is what, 16ish...and they get to skip all the costs with printing and manufacturing.

I think the console DLC creators should look to the iOS model for inspiration.
I have no qualms dropping $0.99 or $1.99 for things and apparently I'm not alone.
There are devs making a killing charging very little for full games, but making it up in sheer volume.

But with DLC you can pick and choose which characters you add. Like with SC I didn't add yoda because he looked stupid to play as.

Buying the game doesn't save you any money. They don't legally have to charge $5 for each additional fighter, and MK released them all at a reduced price as a pack, and offered the ability to play against the characters online without owning them. They can claim whatever they like but it's all a cash grab, and soon Super MvC3 ultimate will be released. All this is going to do is reduce the size of the community.

Hopefully when darkstalkers gets released they don't be doing this...

I treat it the same way I do Street Fighter 4 / Super Street Fighter 4...only with a much quicker turn-around.
Normal SF4 was pretty janky and people claimed that Super should've been DLC, but as it turned out, it really was a totally new game and not just an expansion pack.
Sounds pretty similar to me, only much, much faster.

Serious Capcom folks really should expect this sort of thing. Between 1991 and 1999 Capcom release no fewer than 12 versions of Street Fighter and I'm not even counting minor items like Alpha 2 Gold or even the EX games. Back then each subsequent sequel was $60...or worse, $0.25-$0.75 per play.

Iron Fist looks good. I like his finisher

Virgils kinda generic. Admittedly I don't know the character, but he just doesn't seem very original.

Iron Fist looks good. I like his finisher

Virgils kinda generic. Admittedly I don't know the character, but he just doesn't seem very original.

Virgil is Dante's twin. Evil Dante pretty much. He never felt original to me but some DMC fans might disagree with me.

Back