Ultimate Homebrew Racing Simulator

I saw this a few days ago...totally awesome. Besides no seat movement this is the most realistic looking set-up I've seen!

Not only that but 5 screens on a single 6870 is impressive!

3 screens ok sure, 5 screens is overkill in this case in that they really don't add anything useful. More likely than not the person is going to get tunnel vision and might not see beyond 2 screens if that

5 screens allow true 180* view... so you can see who's beside you as you're both entering a corner... something that happens often... and may be JUST outside of the view on the 2nd and 4th monitor.

Pretty bad ass. I noticed in another video that there are no paddle shifters, shame, because that would really be kick-ass. I also noticed there seemed to be abundant play in the steering wheel, so perhaps that can be tightened up.

Went to Vegas for my 40th this year and raced an Aston Martin on an F1 race track with a professional coaching me through it. Awesome!

Unfortunately that did not convince my wife, but I am really thinking into 3 screens for racing.

Anyway junction between screen do not like very natural, may be it is better setting head or camera a the center of the "semi-circular screen".

Soon we will be rid of these horrible bezels that plague multi-screen systems. OLED needs to catch on sooner.

Pretty cool. Not as good as the real thing, but way less expensive and it hurts less to crash :p

whats your track toy?

1993 Mazda Rx7 with 20b PP, 6spd, caged and stripped. Est hp should be between 450-600whp depending on how well we can get the variable length intake runners tuned. The two rotor (13b) with these PP housings made ~440 fly hp.

It does help to own a rotary shop... but even with wholesale pricing, I think I have spent somewhere around $10k in tires/brakes over the years.

All that work and no bezel management? Obvious, despite the youtube clip saying there is bezel management. There isn't. Looks crap, get those monitors aligned!

3 screens ok sure, 5 screens is overkill in this case in that they really don't add anything useful. More likely than not the person is going to get tunnel vision and might not see beyond 2 screens if that

The 4th and 5th screens must be so you can see the driver passing you giving you the finger. :D

1993 Mazda Rx7 with 20b PP, 6spd, caged and stripped. Est hp should be between 450-600whp depending on how well we can get the variable length intake runners tuned. The two rotor (13b) with these PP housings made ~440 fly hp.

It does help to own a rotary shop... but even with wholesale pricing, I think I have spent somewhere around $10k in tires/brakes over the years.

FFFFF--- It's friggin hard to find an RX-7 these days, seriously. I'ma get one for nostalgia reasons. The R33, then the '98 NSX too the '98 Supra, the the Lance Evo.V, then the... Yeah, I'm gonna be poor.

If you're using cockpit view it adds a lot. Taking really sharp corners are much easier when you can easily judge your distance from the wall/barricades.

It can help sometimes. But if you're rich, why not? haha

It looks cool and I'm sure it is fun but damn don't all those monitors put out a buttload of heat? Damn if I did that in my place I would sweat to death even with the AC on.

I'd get sick in like 30 seconds trying that.

Yeah for sure. The screen warp between the monitors caught my attention in the first 3 seconds of that video. If I sat in front of them I would likely be on the floor holding my head screaming/puking in under a minute.

Awesome car man. I have a 2007 Mazdaspeed 3 with the Mazdaspeed Cold Air Intake. 305 hp paid for. Wanna go for a ride?

It looks cool and I'm sure it is fun but damn don't all those monitors put out a buttload of heat? Damn if I did that in my place I would sweat to death even with the AC on.

I would imagine 5 LCD monitors don't put out as much heat as two CRT monitors. LCD monitors produce 1/3 less power than CRT which means you need 6 LCD monitors to match the heat signature of two CRTs. So 5 LCD monitors probably isn't too bad.

Source: http://www.tech-plus.co.uk/pdffiles/LCDCOSTSAVINGSV2.pdf

Back