UK being ripped off?

sh0gun

Weaksauce
this is not a complaint about vista being expensive its i a complaint about it being expencive IN COMPARISON to the US

here is a list off all the upgrade editions of windows vista:
prices are from:
amazon.com
amazon.co.uk

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic Edition (Upgrade):
£99.99 on .co.uk
$98.99 on .com (£50.1805)

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (Upgrade) (PC)
£149.99 on .co.uk
$154.99 on .com (£78.5675)

Microsoft Windows Vista Business Edition (Upgrade) (PC)
£189.99 on .co.uk
$194.99 on .com (£98.8226)

Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition (Upgrade) (PC)
£249.99 on .co.uk
$249.99 on .com (£126.704)

so let me put it this way
you can buy Windows Vista Ultimate Edition (Upgrade) in the US for less than the price of Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (Upgrade) in the UK

i for see many advanced orders of vista being shipped to the UK.

Seems like you live on the wrong side of the pond! :)

We'll trade you our cheaper OSes for some fish and chips, along with some good beer, like Boddingtons.

If I was MS I would have more expensive EU Vista but that seems like a bit much. :eek:

Ye I agree its like this with quite a lot of online electrical stuff. Sorry i would add a conclusion but i honestly cant see one

The UK gets ripped off on everything. I'm originally from the UK and when I was last back there for a visit I was disgusted at the prices you guys are paying for everything now.

You guys ARE getting ripped off.

Those prices (in pounds) shoud be about 45% lower.

I feel for you. I've lived there for a few years, so I understand.

Wasn't the EU trying to sue the pants off of MS? Maybe thats why?

MS is a business, where, oh where, do you think they are going to recoup their losses due to the fines, and the extra version imposed on them by the EU?? Hmm, OH!, I know.. They will just raise their prices.. Duh!

Well that is prolly part of the price increase..

This whole thing of fining MS because they bundled Media Player with their OS is total BS anyway. You can use any 3rd party media player you want so how is that a monopoly? The EU was out to lunch on this one, IMO.

If your from the UK, like me, prices are always going to be high at first because of the VAT we have to pay on top, but just wait a few months and soon they'll get lower.

At least the US cant beat us in our fish and chips :p

While it may appear that MS are "punishing" (or re-couping their fines from) the EU, that isn't the case here

THIS is UK prices!

Time and time again the UK gets stung
PS3 launch price: $600, €600, £600

it seems the bigger you are the less exchange rates mean to you (exp if you are based in the US)

AY786 said:
At least the US cant beat us in our fish and chips :p

So since England (or the U.K. or Great Britain or Britain, etc... seems I always have someone from that island tell me I'm naming it wrong) appears to have the world market covered on "fish and chips," can we in the U.S. sanction them for maintaining a monopoly on it?

Will they come out with a "Fish & Chips-N" edition? :D

I can just see it now:

"I demand a Fish without Chips, and sometimes I'll want a Chips without Fish, and dammit, no Brit is gonna force me to it!!! And I'm not phoning my order in either..."

The last part there pokes fun at Windows Activation... :p

</extreme_sarcasm_tempered_by_just_waking_up>

Back