Uh, how do I play BF3.

Disco_Stu_04

Limp Gawd
I signed up for an Origin account
I installed the game
Then I hit the launch game icon in Origin.

But then it gets weird
...a web browser opens, wtf
...and then I have to load a browser plug-in?

Does it work after I install a plug-in? I don't want browser plug-ins. I don't want any of this.

I just want to play the game.

It's no wonder folks are switching to consoles. With a console, you put a game in and then it works. Heck, I remember messing with awful boot disks for DOS to get my extended memory. But that was necessary for the system to physically launch the game! This is NOT.

Yes it's EA, yes they suck, but they're going to make a killing in sales and we'll just sit here and march to their stupid drum.

Maybe I'll go participate in Occupy EA. F*ck.

You don't know? BF3 is a browser game.

You HAVE TO install a plug in.

In the time it took you to type this whine fest you could have installed the plugin.

I installed the game

But then it gets weird

Does it work after I install a plug-in? I don't want browser plug-ins. I don't want any of this.

It's no wonder folks are switching to consoles. With a console, you put a game in and then it works. Heck, I remember messing with awful boot disks for DOS to get my extended memory. But that was necessary for the system to physically launch the game! This is NOT.

Yes it's EA, yes they suck, but they're going to make a killing in sales and we'll just sit here and march to their stupid drum.

Maybe I'll go participate in Occupy EA. F*ck.

WTF where you been the last two months? LMAO

It is worth it even if you have to sit on a dildo to play the game. Of course, that might be somewhat distracting but hey, the game is fun.

I'm just waiting for the day when FF or IE gets an update and their shitty browser plugin is no longer compatible.

Thats the new game menu for you. Through a web browser.

If I ever met the guy who came up with that idea, I'd punch him in the face

Well I conceded and got it going after some BSOD fun with radeon drivers.

I guess I was feeling nostalgic.

Cheers.

you play... inside the browser
didn't you know?

it's like runescape 1.0
or your favorite flash based game

but yeah, it would seem the majority hate battlelog.
it's a love/hate thing for me. i like some features, but then the sluggishness and unconventional methods for simple tasks gets me.

I like Battlelog...I admit I was like WTF why isnt it working at first then I noticed the little pop up saying install the plug in. Works for what I need it to do. Browse servers.

I installed the game

But then it gets weird

slowpoke_pokemon.gif

that's why I'm going to install the game on a secondary hard drive I have lying around and not my main drive...I use that drive for beta games and potentially buggy software...too many weird issues and bugs with BF3 that seem to be messing with Windows (people having to do system restores etc)...only thing that sucks is that I have Visa 64-bit installed on that 'test' system and not W7

Like everyone else I was pissed about the game not being on steam, and then pissed this whole "battle log" thing is required.

Guess what -- after using it for a few days, I like it. With the integrated stats system, I can check out stuff while I'm watching a movie chatting wtih friends... whatever really.

Once you get your filters setup the way you like, and a few favorites in your list getting into a game literally takes 2 seconds.

Compared to the speed and clunkiness that was the Bad Company 2 browser, this thing is lightyears ahead.

In the time it takes to try and connect/play on one server in BC2, I can check 5 or 10 servers for space on battle log.

It's not perfect, but it's a step up I think. To the original poster -- in the time it took you to come here, make a thread and complain about something so simple. You could have 1) googled it 2) installed the plugin, and 3) been playing long long long ago.

I like Battlelog for it's statistics and social networking-like way of keeping track of friends and achievements.

That being said, going from the server browser to a game just feels really clunky, uses extra resources by forcing you to leave a browser open, and there have been a lot of issues with Quick Match and Group Joins.

Also, I really wish there was a Queueing system so I don't have to keep clicking until I get the "Take it easy Soldier" message.

Battlelog is great other than trying to join servers with groups of teammates. Always seem to have stupid problems when we try that.

I personally like the battlelog. I can switch servers faster than any previous BF game. It make it easy to ALT+TAB to check stats and it is easy to group with friends too. To each their own I suppose.

I personally like the battlelog. I can switch servers faster than any previous BF game. It make it easy to ALT+TAB to check stats and it is easy to group with friends too. To each their own I suppose.

Joining a friend seems to work okay if they are already in a server (and there's an open spot), but the Group Join feature hasn't worked at all for me.

try playing BF3 Single Player in offline mode and see if it works with no internet connection.

If i can get the game to work more seamlessly in fullscreen, having a second monitor would make the browser battlelog extremely convenient.

It is worth it even if you have to sit on a dildo to play the game. Of course, that might be somewhat distracting but hey, the game is fun.

So I have to ask, did it help or hinder your accuracy? Just wonder if it's something to try. ;)

I love Battlelog, so much better than an in game browser. In just about every way, but thats just my opinion.

Battlelog, while not perfect, is vastly superior to any and every server browser any BF/BC game has ever had, bar none.

People will complain and protest about literally anything. Srsly, how scary can a web browser plug in be? What's the size... 2MB? Do these people not have 2MB free on thier leet BF3 gaming rigs?

that's why I'm going to install the game on a secondary hard drive I have lying around and not my main drive...I use that drive for beta games and potentially buggy software...too many weird issues and bugs with BF3 that seem to be messing with Windows (people having to do system restores etc)...only thing that sucks is that I have Visa 64-bit installed on that 'test' system and not W7

So you have pretty much everything installed on your 'test' drive? Because I'm not aware of a single piece of software written (ever) that didn't have bugs.

You waste a lot of time in your paranoia. Do you think the big bad bugs are going to eat your drives?

The ultimate irony is your 'test' drive runs Vista... LOL.

Battlelog, while not perfect, is vastly superior to any and every server browser any BF/BC game has ever had, bar none.

People will complain and protest about literally anything. Srsly, how scary can a web browser plug in be? What's the size... 2MB? Do these people not have 2MB free on thier leet BF3 gaming rigs?

Agreed - hell with the price of ram I picked up ANOTHER 8GB (total of 16) just because it was so god damn cheap. We are talking like 25 bucks after mail in rebate. As cheap and easy as memory is these days there is no excuse to not have asstons of it.

I could play BF3 and have 25 firefox windows open all running the latest poop video from japan and still get top frame rates. You are right people will complain just because it's something to do.

I like Battlelog for it's statistics and social networking-like way of keeping track of friends and achievements.

That being said, going from the server browser to a game just feels really clunky, uses extra resources by forcing you to leave a browser open, and there have been a lot of issues with Quick Match and Group Joins.

Also, I really wish there was a Queueing system so I don't have to keep clicking until I get the "Take it easy Soldier" message.

Michael Kalms (Dice) has stated in the UK forums that queue system is disabled at the moment while they work out some kinks, and should be up and running asap.

I am enjoying battlelog so far, I like the ability to join servers easily with friends.

Back