Ugliest Tesla You Will Ever See

HardOCP News

[H] News
It could very well just be me, but I can't believe someone would do this to a Tesla. I know, I know, it belongs to a celebrity so we should expect this kind of stuff but damn man, that thing is fugly.

Looks alright. Would take it's looks over a reg tesla. Things could be changed for the better.

Reactions: raz-0
like this
Looks okay, only thing that jumped out at me was the exposed seam across the front LED strips - either bondo it closed or move the lights. (The black rims definitely aren't doing anything for me either, but that's an easy fix.)

I like it minus the wheels. The guy that did the video eye fucked it a bit too long though. He had to of circled that car 20 times...

What jumped out at me was the intake. Why did he put fake side intakes on an electric car?

What jumped out at me was the intake. Why did he put fake side intakes on an electric car?
I'm not much of a car guy (I just play one on TV), but...is there any advantage to directing airflow from the sides of the vehicle over the rear tires and then out the back? If you look on the back, there look to be vertical exit ports for the air to pass through on the sides under the brake lights.

I'm not much of a car guy (I just play one on TV), but...is there any advantage to directing airflow from the sides of the vehicle over the rear tires and then out the back? If you look on the back, there look to be vertical exit ports for the air to pass through on the sides under the brake lights.
I was going to say, vents and tunnels are used all the time to control the airflow under and around the car. I can't tell if the ones used on this are effective or not, though.

The regular auto industry uses fake air intakes all the time because they "look cool". If they are non functional on gas cars, why not on electric cars too? :p

In some exotic cars they use air intakes like that to funnel cold air over and cool the breaks, but I very much doubt that is what is actually going on here, especially since the Tesla relies so heavily on regenerative breaking, so the breaks don't get as hot as they otherwise would.

Its probably just for show, just like that buick which got side air intakes because the CEO of the Buick division at the time saw them on a Maserati Quattroporte and thought they "looked cool"...

I like it. I'd rather see it a little higher off the ground cause I know the front bumper is going to take a beating.

Yes, brake cooling and perhaps a little downforce at higher speeds.

It could very well just be me, but I can't believe someone would do this to a Tesla. I know, I know, it belongs to a celebrity so we should expect this kind of stuff but damn man, that thing is fugly.

Yeah, there are plenty of examples of coach builds and customs which look fantastic. This is not one of them.

That poor molested Tesla.

On the plus side, at least he didn't do it to a rare irreplacable classic, like some others have been known to do.

Looks pretty nice. A wee bit too futuristic if you ask me, but it definitely stands out. I personally like a more classic look of a car. That style is just going for bling

Too many mismatched lines. Still, it looks better than that awful BMW i8.

Tesla's are fugly as hell stock. I'd say anything is an improvement over the factory default.

My guess is to cool the batteries since they do get hot.

The regular auto industry uses fake air intakes all the time because they "look cool". If they are non functional on gas cars, why not on electric cars too? :p

In some exotic cars they use air intakes like that to funnel cold air over and cool the breaks, but I very much doubt that is what is actually going on here, especially since the Tesla relies so heavily on regenerative breaking, so the breaks don't get as hot as they otherwise would.

Its probably just for show, just like that buick which got side air intakes because the CEO of the Buick division at the time saw them on a Maserati Quattroporte and thought they "looked cool"...

THIS celebrity's car is sooo much nicer..

image.png

lol I think the whole point of it is it looks nothing like a tesla lol. If I saw it on the street I would be pretty impressed, I don't know if I would actually do that to a tesla though. I am sucker for clean looks.

It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the air intake/design work on the doors. Fill that in and it would look much better IMO.

It's a tough line to walk. The normal stock Tesla looks like a Buick with a tech package that got out of control.

Depends on the package. The Model S with the upgraded styling (Rims/etc) looks pretty slick imho. The stock Model S, not so much

Stock - Bland:http://c8.alamy.com/comp/F1TPYP/tes...ging-point-hopwood-service-station-F1TPYP.jpg

P85:
http://cdn.slashgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/tesla-model-s-580x385.jpg

http://hotrodsandguns.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/tesla-model-s-p85-review-2014-medium_29.jpg

Like with most cars, rims make or break it. Although the Model 3 and X are less nice. I think it's got a lot to do with the front end. Since there's no grill, the Model S uses accent panels to break up the all plastic look. But the X/3 don't use those and it looks cheap.

Looks alright. Would take it's looks over a reg tesla. Things could be changed for the better.

I agree a lot. I think it's decent. The solid wheel/wheel covers are stupid because brakes still need cooling. Some of the panel seams could use some better work, but in general I dig the direction it was headed, if not entirely where it stopped.

Looks like a full-size hotwheels car. At least they kept the color scheme tasteful and didn't do some gaudy spazz job with the paint. The wheels also look terrible. Some nice euro-style rims would've looked a lot better.

I agree Steve, that's one ugly Tesla!

I'm old (40+), so I prefer the sleek/sexy lines of the original Tesla body to this ricer wanna' be Tesla.

Am I the only one that had to Google "Will I Am" to figure out who it belonged to? I'm not big a fan of hip hop, so that might explain it...

WTF is the side scoops for? It's not like it's cooling a mid/rear mounted engine or a diff unless they did something dumb to the tesla that now needs to it need extra cooling let alone scoops of that size.

Car looks like a 15 year old who into ricers designed it, too much body-kit styling with no flow.

Last edited:
The charger hole is supposed to be on the driver's side quarter panel. Wonder how you are supposed to get to that.

I gotta agree with Steve on this one. That is an ugly car, give me a nice four door sedan with out any flashy chrome, big tires, etc any day.

Back