Ugh...the 4s is fragile

I've dropped my DROID2 so many times now onto a tile floor and hardwood floor...and all it has are some minor scratches on the outside(nothing on the screen)

Just today my iPhone 4 dropped 3 feet onto a hard floor. I was frightened, but upon further inspection, nary a scratch. Pretty amazing..I've been very lucky so far.

I have dropped my Samsung Capativate multiple times. It still works.

Even threw it when I got mad at it google voice locking up for the 15th time in a day. Still working.

But no matter how tough something else is. It's still not an iPhone. Siri is really cool now that I've figured out how to talk to her

I've dropped my DROID2 so many times now onto a tile floor and hardwood floor...and all it has are some minor scratches on the outside(nothing on the screen)

Thats because motorola actually knows how to make phones and not toys that masquerade as phones. Sleek is cool and all, but give me a thinkpad or a phone that can take abuse anyday.

Thats because motorola actually knows how to make phones and not toys that masquerade as phones. Sleek is cool and all, but give me a thinkpad or a phone that can take abuse anyday.

blackhand, we all have limits, mine is a notebook that looks this hideous.

Toshiba_Satellite_L735D_Kids%E2%80%99_PC.jpg

sure it may survive some sort of liquid spill, but what about the ice pick to my eyes every time I look at it ?!?!?!

I think that notebook looks really good actually. Not like the typical boring laptops.

I personally dislike cases. People buy nice sexy phones and then throw a ugly case on it. It's stupid. Who cares how pretty the phone is if you cover it up. Not to mention it makes it thicker too. People love how thin a phone is and then make it at least a mm or two bigger with a case.

It's way better to have a device that doesn't need a case to begin with. Of course if Apple had made the iPhone 4/4S with Gorilla Glass then their high profit margins would be reduced by a few dollars and people wouldn't be able to spend even more money repairing and replacing their fragile phones!

But no matter how tough something else is. It's still not an iPhone. Siri is really cool now that I've figured out how to talk to her

lol...totally reminded me of the Best Buy iPhone vs Evo video.

Take it to an apple store. They will usually replace accidental damage for free the first time. Atleast my local store does.

I have dropped my 4 on to my wood floor seriously a dozen times, all from atleast 3 foot height. The thing doesnt even have a scratch on it.

Same here. I'm constantly dropping my 4 and so far it's held up fine... I know the day is coming that it does break though. The law of averages says that it's gonna happen sooner than later lol

I even dropped it about 5-6 feet on to a concrete slab (I was getting out of a U-Haul and had the phone on my lap) and it still works great. Thank god for rubber cases

Take it to an apple store. They will usually replace accidental damage for free the first time. Atleast my local store does.

My neighbor is the manager for the apple store here. He replaced it for me free of charge. I'm still interested in getting the new nexus though. Using my wife's old thunderbolt felt good in my hand compared to the smaller 4s. If the 4s was an inch or two bigger it would be perfect.

Sigh...so many that is what she said openings in that paragraph.

I have dropped my 4 on to my wood floor seriously a dozen times, all from atleast 3 foot height. The thing doesnt even have a scratch on it.

Areed, iphones are almost indestructable, all those people saying iphones are delicate are just jealous haters. The iphone is the fastest most durable phone ever and always will be.;)

Areed, iphones are almost indestructable, all those people saying iphones are delicate are just jealous haters. The iphone is the fastest most durable phone ever and always will be.;)
Jealousy implies that you have something special.

"Durable ??? " "Indestructable ????"

Boy, do I really dislike those words that do not match the iPhone at all. Just do a little reading for goodness sakes

Read the forums to get the true story about how indestructible and durable they are for pet sakes

https://discussions.apple.com/message/16746951#16746951

https://discussions.apple.com/community/iphone/iphone_hardware

Last edited:
i just don't get why people spend $200+ on a phone and they do not get a rubber for it......had my htc hd2 for nearly 2 years and it still looks brand new thanks to the rubber that came with the phone......

i just don't get why people spend $200+ on a phone and they do not get a rubber for it......had my htc hd2 for nearly 2 years and it still looks brand new thanks to the rubber that came with the phone......
Because I pay good money for a sleek and pocketable phone and sticking a tank of a case defeats the purpose of that. I'd rather buy a phone with good quality glass and a plastic housing that can withstand abuse.

Because I pay good money for a sleek and pocketable phone and sticking a tank of a case defeats the purpose of that. I'd rather buy a phone with good quality glass and a plastic housing that can withstand abuse.

oh, so what you are saying is that you don't value your phone and woiuld rather it break due to accident than protect it?

btw glass does not like to be dropped and that is what the surface of the LCD is a very thin fragile glass that has absolutely NO coushin to protect it from that 400+ G impact of hiting the floor. At least a rubber absorbs some of that impact.....

"Durable ??? " "Indestructable ????"

Boy, do I really dislike those words that do not match the iPhone at all. Just do a little reading for goodness sakes

Read the forums to get the true story about how indestructible and durable they are for pet sakes

https://discussions.apple.com/message/16746951#16746951

https://discussions.apple.com/community/iphone/iphone_hardware

I was being sarcastic

Have you ever been with a real woman? With a name like shanker I would thinks so, but your post leaves me wondering.

oh, so what you are saying is that you don't value your phone and woiuld rather it break due to accident than protect it?
What I'm saying is that I a) am not careless with my devices and b) buy phones that are durable enough to withstand every day use.

What I'm saying is that I a) am not careless with my devices and b) buy phones that are durable enough to withstand every day use.

dropping your phone is not classified as everyday use.....please try again

dropping your phone is not classified as everyday use.....please try again
It is part of everyday use....of course those of us that mastered the apparently uncommon skill of holding things at the ripe old age of two don't have that problem.

Back