Ugh my brother bought an Alienware X51

geraltofrivia

Limp Gawd
Final price: $3100 :eek: He went all out on the configurator cause he's a wall street guy and it's just pocket change for him. I don't even know what to say. It's going to be delivered tomorrow. He thinks he's going to play Crysis 3 maxed out. He said "it looks sexy". What a dumbass :( If he asked I would've built him an SLI Titan beast. I'm so pissed

hahaha well at least you are there to educate him. Can he return it?

I'm trying to convince him to do so before opening the box. My offer: I will build him a PC twice as fast at gaming for the same $$$ if I get to keep the change.

Which shouldn't be hard considering it's got a non-overclockable i7-3770 and a GeForce 660 (non-Ti).

Last edited:
Educate him and like a good brother, build him a superior system.

Lol at spending $3,100 for that.

How do you even manage $3,100 for one of those? Looking at the configurator, it seems like the only option you can actually pick inside the system is the CPU (no overclock for you) and the OS, almost all the other stuff is pointless accessories and warranties. And even with all that, you still have a GTX 660 (not even a Ti) for your graphics.

How do you even manage $3,100 for one of those? Looking at the configurator, it seems like the only option you can actually pick inside the system is the CPU (no overclock for you) and the OS, almost all the other stuff is pointless accessories and warranties. And even with all that, you still have a GTX 660 (not even a Ti) for your graphics.

You can really go nuts with the accessories and warranties. He did it over the phone and they threw in this crazy pointless stuff that I don't think is even on the website. Like he could throw it out the window 6 years from now and they'd overnight a brand new one.

You're approaching this all wrong, OP.

When your brother talks to you in conversation about his X51, let a look of concern pass briefly across your face. When he asks you what, say " Oh, nothing... Just know that Alienware *sometimes* doesn't honor their warranties." Then as you turn and walk away, casually say, "It's too bad, I could've built you a PC with twice the performance for less."

You'll have him hook, line, and sinker, trust me :)

You're approaching this all wrong, OP.

When your brother talks to you in conversation about his X51, let a look of concern pass briefly across your face. When he asks you what, say " Oh, nothing... Just know that Alienware *sometimes* doesn't honor their warranties." Then as you turn and walk away, casually say, "It's too bad, I could've built you a PC with twice the performance for less."

You'll have him hook, line, and sinker, trust me :)

You're right. Or just show him my rig built for half the price. :)

I seem to recall that there was once an alienware rig with tank treads and a remote control. Must have

Back