Ugh, Decision Time, 1080 Strix vs 1080 SLI Founders + Cost

Budwise

[H]ard|Gawd
So I got lucky and got 2X GTX 1080 Founders Edition cards from Best Buy for $449 each. My conundrum is I already am running an Asus Strix GTX 1080 with a healthy overlock. I can sell both FE cards for a profit, or sell the Asus and keep the FE's for SLI which would be roughly $300 out of pocket for me. I've never run SLI and have always been the "get the best single card you can" kinda guy. The GTX 1080 Ti seems months out still so it's not really much of an option to sell all and buy a Ti.

Ugh, what to do. I game at 1440P @ 165hz, a mix of titles most of which do support SLI except for the Company of Heroes series. It's not like a single 1080 struggles on anything at 1440P, but my e-peen I guess makes me just want to yolo it and go SLI.

Thoughts?

Keep your ASUS card and give me the two FEs. :whistle:

All kidding aside, if you are prepared for your 'worst' performance being the performance of one card (which is what keeping your STRIX would be as well), try out SLI and see if you like it. Some people on this forum hate it with a passion; others think it's fine.

Also note that there was a thread floating around on OCN indicating that the FEs seemed to average better boost clocks than non-FE cards. Since you've already achieved a good over clock on your current card that may not mean much to you.

... It's not like a single 1080 struggles on anything at 1440P, but my e-peen I guess makes me just want to yolo it and go SLI.
The raging of your e-peen will never go away, so since you clearly have the money to spend, why not just go for the Titan?

Decided to just sell off the 2 FE cards since I recently found out our families new health insurance premiums. Thanks Obama lol.

Back