UFC undisputed 2009

I got the game. PSN is forsaken.

Its pretty solid imo. The main gripe as most ppl have said is the inconsistency of the grappling/submissions/ and 1 hit knockouts. But, over all its a very very fun and pleasing game when u knock the eff out of someone, or are having a real good fight and get the move in.

Once u get down the reverses and the take down defense moves, getting up etc, it really turns into a chess match.

Im enjoying it so far. I am not sure how long it will keep me away from SF4(prolly until next week when my HRAP3 gets in). But its worth the price so far.

Really good game. It has some minor things that annoy me as an MMA fan but the actual game is solid. I was ranked like 28th last night and dropped to 60 something when i check this morning. People are playing a lot. It sucks that there is no penalty as of right now for disconnecting so lots of players will pull their lan cable when the start to lose so they don't get any losses on their record. Other than that online has been lag free for the most part and really fun.

I'm going to have to buy a PS3 just for this game... (I need a blu-ray player too) :D

Picked it up late last night and played two fights before heading to bed. I can't wait to get done with work so i can try it out.

On the PS3 version I was messing around with the "Classic Fights" section and noticed a few of the video clips and the audio were not in sync. Anyone else have that happen? So far definitely a fun game.

I got it for the 360 and I friggin love it so far. Going through a career mode in light heavyweight. I'm totally addicted. One of my main gripes is the way it saves after every fight. It switches screen like 4 times and wastes time, they could really streamline it to just say saving instead of changing screens a bunch.

I got it for the 360 and I friggin love it so far. Going through a career mode in light heavyweight. I'm totally addicted. One of my main gripes is the way it saves after every fight. It switches screen like 4 times and wastes time, they could really streamline it to just say saving instead of changing screens a bunch.

Yeah, it's retarded.
Every other PS3 game autosaves on the fly but this one chooses to pause gameplay and make us wait.

Also, ragequitting online is super lame. The top 10 guys are a bunch of ragequitters. I beat the #3 guy on the leaderboard THREE times over the weekend (got the game early), and each time he quit (thus, invalidating the match) as soon as he got knocked out.

Fuckin lames.

That said, it's still a great game but it needs a patch.

just turn the autosave off. thats what i did on the xbox version cause it was really making me mad

I ended up having a free game rental so I picked up a copy at Blockbuster.

I can't decide if it is worth buying. I never read up on games so I am sure this was covered pre-release but was disappointed to find you can't do a career with a fighter. Instead you can only do it with your created fighter. This kills some of the appeal to me. I would rather take a known fighter through the circuit instead of making my own and dealing with all the training which I wish had some type of auto mode.

I was also disappointed to find you can't change weight classes so if no chance to go up and down like some fighters do in real life.

Another annoyance is the exhibition matches. It should be much easier to change fighters on the fly instead of only having a rematch option at the end of a fight. At least give me a mode where I can pick a fighter and it just constantly gives me a random opponent.

Overall I think the game is fun in what it does right imho, but I don't know if it is enough to justify the price especially with the limited game modes and options.

The gameplay is solid. Career mode is serviceable, extremely bare bones and something they'll have to improve in the next game. Online play is ok as long as you're playing against someone near you with a decent connection. I imagine playing foreigners is going to be like watching a slide show.

Avoid the guys with incredibly inflated records. Anyone with a turbo controller should be like 100-3,given they lose once in a blue moon on a flash KO.

Also, I found a gameplay flaw, they can get in and throw a million body shots that kill your stamina and you can't even get your hands up to protect yourself. Once your stamina is killed by that they can take you down and immediately sub or tko you.

It's like Mortal Kombat where you can just stand there punching someone and they can't even do anything.

Also, I hate playing with those fucks who do nothing but backpeddle the entire fight throwing headkicks hoping for the flash ko. Then you get them on the ground and they just spam sub attempts that bottom out your stamina.

So far wrestling is the best 'discipline' in this game IMO. You can always score the takedown, slam them, post up and get shots in on their face. Once you learn how to block transition attempts like the rubber guard you maul people like a downs syndrome grizzly bear.

Yeah, it's retarded.
Every other PS3 game autosaves on the fly but this one chooses to pause gameplay and make us wait.

Also, ragequitting online is super lame. The top 10 guys are a bunch of ragequitters. I beat the #3 guy on the leaderboard THREE times over the weekend (got the game early), and each time he quit (thus, invalidating the match) as soon as he got knocked out.

Fuckin lames.

That said, it's still a great game but it needs a patch.

Why isn't it standard in online games these days to give a loss to disconnects? That shit is so old by now, devs need to man the hell up and make it standard...disconnect = loss.

Well, after being gone a week, I grabbed this yesterday.
The grappling functionality is just as broken as in the demo.
Spamming high kicks and big hooks is way too effective.
Still, as an MMA fan, the look and feel of the game is spot on.
Playing as a BJJer is pretty pointless, though. The long shot > better than pulling guard and having a high ranked submission offense still doesn't change that you have to have someone on death's door to submit them.
They REALLY needed a "flash submission" option in there.

So far wrestling is the best 'discipline' in this game IMO. You can always score the takedown, slam them, post up and get shots in on their face. Once you learn how to block transition attempts like the rubber guard you maul people like a downs syndrome grizzly bear.

Most people consider wrestling to be the most crucial discipline to becoming a great fighter, so that makes a lot of sense really.

Disconnects should always be a loss, even if I disconnect.

Playing as a BJJer is pretty pointless, though. The long shot > better than pulling guard and having a high ranked submission offense still doesn't change that you have to have someone on death's door to submit them.

spamming kicks doesn't work against people that know how to take them.

A simple push up on the right stick will take you down or blocking then coming at you with a low punch.

I don't really mean spamming in a sense of just mashing them over and over - but high kicks offer more potential to end a fight instantly than anything else. Especially if you're mixing in mid level kicks and don't sit back in shooting range all day.
The grappling characters have no way to instantly end a fight at all. You have through 4 steps (all potentially risking a reversal or escape) just to get into a position to do permanent damage. All the while the characters with KO power only need one single head kick or wild punch to end a fight. It's just weak that the ground game is a convoluted mess and Mark Coleman can KO Brock Lesnar in 6 seconds (yes, I've seen it) with a right hand.
The lack of a random submission that can end a fight in 20 seconds is a serious flaw.

I don't really mean spamming in a sense of just mashing them over and over - but high kicks offer more potential to end a fight instantly than anything else. Especially if you're mixing in mid level kicks and don't sit back in shooting range all day.
The grappling characters have no way to instantly end a fight at all. You have through 4 steps (all potentially risking a reversal or escape) just to get into a position to do permanent damage. All the while the characters with KO power only need one single head kick or wild punch to end a fight. It's just weak that the ground game is a convoluted mess and Mark Coleman can KO Brock Lesnar in 6 seconds (yes, I've seen it) with a right hand.
The lack of a random submission that can end a fight in 20 seconds is a serious flaw.

Youll hardly ever, in real life, see a submission work early in a fight... unless someone is heavily outmatched. IMO, they should have just locked out certain transitions. For example, there should only be a few characters that can pass BJ Penn's guard, no matter where his stamina is at. Its unnacceptable to watch Tim Sylvia mount Frank Mir. Not in a million years. Against Demian Maia, all the middleweights should be screwed on the ground, except Silva and Almeida.

Wrestlers should be able to flash KO on a slam, escpecially when escaping a sub, like an armbar. This is most evident with guys like Rampage, Ortiz and Hughes. They live for the slam KO, and its just not possible in the game. I also dont like that ALL BJJ guys can use the rubber guard, when in reality only a few guys in the UFC use it at all. Forrest Griffin and Michael Bisping, for example, should never be using the rubber guard, even though they are listed as BJJ fighters.

No fighting against the cage FTL
Matt Serra 89? Wrong.

There are alot of things that can be added/tweaked and alot of bugs, but its still a really good game. Im borrowing a friends copy, probably get it myself in the next week or so.

This game is rubbish. too bloody easy, even on the hardest settings. matches last no more then a minute.

graphics is good but the gameplay feels lacklust and stiff

i purchased the game (after going to 4 different stores since the first 3 were sold out). It is pretty fun, but to be honest this is my first more technical fighting game, i usually just play shooters (CoD). It is hard for me to get in a blocking/defensive mode, I still just mash punches and kicks... it has got me through the first 3 fights in career but I have a feeling blocking, clinches and the ground game is just gonna straight up own me. Guess I just gotta practice :) any tips?

I think I'll have to pick this up and get a couple buddies to get it as well.

If they wanted to make it realistic when playing as Houston Alexander your controller should shut off whenever you're taken down.

If they make a nintendo version that would be called the turtle tip. wouldnt just be houston alexander though did you see pat berry choke on the ground saturday?

My main problem playing online is against people who block your transitions each and every time.

They get on top of you and shut you out period, you can't move, you can't reverse/transition as they block it every damn time and get to mount and when you actually can get a reverse on them (where they take your back) they just block then transition back to mount.

How the heck do they do this so well?

I thought oyu just pushed left/right on the right stick to block a transition but when I try that when I'm on tp of someone they still pass (Generally I use Sean Sherk or Wanderli Silva).

If they make a nintendo version that would be called the turtle tip. wouldnt just be houston alexander though did you see pat berry choke on the ground saturday?

Pat Berry could be submitted by a house plant. Man has no right fighting MMA. Go back to K-1.

I picked it up on the weekend, cleared it a couple of times. I don't find the fighting system that technical or difficult to learn at all. Give it an hour and you've got the transition system down. What more is there? If you can level up your fighting techniques via the 'Camp Invite' activity in career mode, you've got it. Street Fighter 4 is a much more technical fighting game.

All of the negative sentiments I've read about this game are spot on and there are obviously more. Personally, I was pretty pissed about the CAF selection and the lack of proper ring entrances. Couldn't THQ have just stolen some code ideas from an old wrestling game? Online is fun against friends you know who can't execute moves 100%: Ground-fighting is kind of broken. Still, it comes down to whoever's better wins. Like it should, to an extent. The friend who told me to buy this game (he bought it at release) got pretty pissed off when I schooled him 100% at transitions when I played it first on Saturday. It's pretty much impossible to counter a 'learned' ground game in certain situations. Career mode is way too short and easy. I was hoping that of either online or career mode, one would be really well done. Instead I'm presented with two modes which both feel and look a little(lot) incomplete. Nice touch making sure the commercials for the latest real-world UFC events flash all over the place though. That was an important feature.

In no way is it worthy of the lofty $69.99CDN price tag. I predict many used copies for sale in the very near future. But, you'll only regret buying it a little bit. It is pretty satisfying when you link up an impressive string of moves which lead to a KO. But then, that feeling is ruined with the garbage replay clips you're given and the lack of a manual, saveable replay option. I suppose that would reveal the lack of production in the animation department though, once the same 'original' knockout surfaced a thousand different times on Youtube.

Rent it for a month and then buy it when it shows up in the used bin. It'll come out closer in price to what they should be charging for this.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm going to be playing some more tonight. It is fun.

Dude, once you get the subs down, they can be really effective.

Most people consider wrestling to be the most crucial discipline to becoming a great fighter, so that makes a lot of sense really.

Disconnects should always be a loss, even if I disconnect.

Exactly, and that's why this game is so awesome! And yeah, I'm sick of people disconnecting on me.

Yeah, I saw that shit and it pissed me off. He def needs to work on his ground game, but also 40% of that was him being too cocky. If he learns good take down defense and subs, he'd be a beast.

My main problem playing online is against people who block your transitions each and every time.

They get on top of you and shut you out period, you can't move, you can't reverse/transition as they block it every damn time and get to mount and when you actually can get a reverse on them (where they take your back) they just block then transition back to mount.

How the heck do they do this so well?

I thought oyu just pushed left/right on the right stick to block a transition but when I try that when I'm on tp of someone they still pass (Generally I use Sean Sherk or Wanderli Silva).

You use the half circle motion on the right stick to transition. It depends where you're at (mount, side mount, full guard, north south, etc) on which way to half circle motion the stick.

I just bought this yesterday after playing a friends copy for a while. Its good, very addictive and entertaining. Yea, alot of stuff needs to be fixed and its missing alot of components, but its slowly cutting into my SFIV time.

And Pat Berry is still as good as a snail on the ground.

I just bought this yesterday after playing a friends copy for a while. Its good, very addictive and entertaining. Yea, alot of stuff needs to be fixed and its missing alot of components, but its slowly cutting into my SFIV time.

And Pat Berry is still as good as a snail on the ground.

it cut into my SF4 time as well, then my HRAP3 got to my door and SF4 has taken over again.

I have issues with the slow pace of the game. Having already cleared a light heavyweight title, the time and management between matches is a bit tedious feeling to me. Id rather have access to an allotted amount of points to add to my stats after each win/loss/etc instead of progressing through almost pointless weeks up til lthe next fight.

But overall the game does get the feel of MMA very well. The kicking definitely is overpowered, i basically went straight thru to the belt just landing kicks. Still no real penaltys for disconnecting opponents right? no compelling reason to keep playing. Definitely the best UFC game to date, but still not quite on the mark imo.

it cut into my SF4 time as well, then my HRAP3 got to my door and SF4 has taken over again.

I have issues with the slow pace of the game. Having already cleared a light heavyweight title, the time and management between matches is a bit tedious feeling to me. Id rather have access to an allotted amount of points to add to my stats after each win/loss/etc instead of progressing through almost pointless weeks up til lthe next fight.

But overall the game does get the feel of MMA very well. The kicking definitely is overpowered, i basically went straight thru to the belt just landing kicks. Still no real penaltys for disconnecting opponents right? no compelling reason to keep playing. Definitely the best UFC game to date, but still not quite on the mark imo.

That's funny because my joystick parts just came in, the day after I bought UFC. It'll still be another week at least before I get it together, so I have to get in as much UFC as I can before I get sucked back to SFIV.

i cant seem to connect to ranked match using quick find. i always have to make ... im on xbl

Back