UFC 2010? Anyone play it yet?

legcramp

[H]F Junkie
I played the demo and it is pretty entertaining even though I suck at the ground game and defending submissions for some reason.

Replaying Shogun vs Machida and KOing him by strikes on the ground was hilarious.

I didn't play, but I saw my friend playing it on release day. He said it is better than the last UFC game. The fighters moves are more individualized.

I have it sitting in front of my TV, just haven't had a chance to play it yet. Damn engine swap, why must you be so time consuming?!?!

It's great so far, just got it today for PS3. The online is absolute garbage. You can't play online against anyone and if you do it's a shit load of lag. I played a match online against my brother who lives about 5 miles away on a 4 bar connection and the game was lagging VERY bad. Career mode is much better than last years game, lots of new characters, new system can be hard to master compared to last years game. New game modes are kinda fun but long such as title mode which can last up to 1 hour continuously, so after you beat one guy your only option is to fight the next guy no save system or anything. Then there's tournament mode, title defense mode, classics mode, and much more.

. New game modes are kinda fun but long such as title mode which can last up to 1 hour continuously, so after you beat one guy your only option is to fight the next guy no save system or anything. Then there's tournament mode, title defense mode, classics mode, and much more.

the title mode (i believe) saves after each match. i was playing one and had to do something else so i just turned off my xbox. i went back later to that mode and it asked me if i wanted to continue with my current fighter. picked right back up with the fight that i was on.

the career is a lot more fun this time around. i like how you can get different trainers in there and learn whatever moves you want to. so you can truly decide what moves you want to have

Theres a code out to unlock shaq.. Lmao.. Might be fun to match him against lesnar..

2 big behemoths in 1 ring..

Is it just me or are the character models not as good as the last game's? Everybody looks kinda... funny; mostly proportion-wise.

I've got it. I wish I were more excited about it. It honestly is about 95% the same as last year's. Yes, the clinch works differently, but the submission game is still broken, and flash KO's still happen WAY too much.
It's as though they just ignored the complaints about the first game and just made changes they felt like making.

I've got it. I wish I were more excited about it. It honestly is about 95% the same as last year's. Yes, the clinch works differently, but the submission game is still broken, and flash KO's still happen WAY too much.
It's as though they just ignored the complaints about the first game and just made changes they felt like making.

I came into this threat to pretty much say the same thing word for word. The big problem is that the flash KOs completely ruin the game modes where you can't lose a fight. You win 5 fights in Title Defense, then get flash KO'd and have to start all over again.

Being an owner of the last one and playing the demo, the nav appears to be faster and more polished. That being said, it felt like the same game from last year. I'm going to hold out and see what EA MMA is like before I make my next purchase.

I'm a noob at the game so maybe I'm missing something but it seems like at times theres no method to KO's. I was playing against my friend (also a noob) the other day, I was Anthony Johnson and he was GSP. Twice he knocked me out with a spinning back fist even though I took very little damage before hand and in one occasion was moving with the punch and had my guard up. In another match I was Mirko CroCop and in one round I landed 15 left high kicks to the head of Brock Lesnar and it seemed to have no effect what so ever. Mirko is known for his LHK and Brock just went right through them like nothing happened.
And the submissions seem to be impossible to beat if the opponents sub skill is a decent bit higher than your own. Frank Mir seems to be capable of submitting guys the instant it hits the ground (and his takedowns seem to be a lot better than they are in real life).

The KO system is more random than in the first game, which is worse. I've also found myself landing huge shots (like head kicks or big hooks) only to seemingly have no effect...even with my stamina maxed out. Then all of a sudden a short elbow or punch from a tie up will insta-KO someone. It's just plain weird.
The ground game is a mystery to me and I was good at the first game. The mount seems to be only minimally better than guard and ground striking is weak in general.
Submissions work a little faster than before, but not much. Only some characters like Mir and Penn can submit someone in the first round. With others you can drop their stamina to 30% (as low as the game lets it go) and still not be able to to tap them unless they're a throw-away character like Justin McCully. Slams do almost no damage now.
I've probably got more issues with this version than last year's.

The game is better and allows for more competitive matches than the first game IMO.

The online is still Terrible, you can't hit quickmatch and join a game, it will just say "this session is no longer available" every time. You have to go narrow it down to a specific weight class and number of rounds and stuff to have any chance at getting to a game. Players can still pull their network cable if they start to lose and have no bad effect on their record.

The game is pretty fun, recommendable if you like the first one, but don't expect a big improvement.

It's amazing that WWE Smackdown: Shut Your Mouth's model of Lesnar still looks more like him than in either UFC Undisputed game.

200px-Lesnar_JBI.jpg
inline_lesner1_1226965919.jpg

Do you still spend the majority of the game in menus and load-screens?

Being an owner of the last one and playing the demo, the nav appears to be faster and more polished. That being said, it felt like the same game from last year. I'm going to hold out and see what EA MMA is like before I make my next purchase.

This.

Dear god it took FOREVER to navigate through screens. Wasn't even worth it to customize your fighter's trunks.

Is it worth buying a console for this? Hmmm... maybe I'll get my brother to bring his...

Is it worth buying a console for this? Hmmm... maybe I'll get my brother to bring his...

NO. It's really amazing at first just because it's new and it seems like a great idea...but it won't take too long to find the giant flaws in the game. I remember playing the demo for the first game and thinking it was the greatest thing ever. Then I bought the full game and discovered that the characters were all 80% the same. The new game does add more unique strikes (like Jon Jones' elbows and Shogun's double kick) but the clinch and grappling game is all the same sans a couple of chain submissions only open to a few characters.

Well what do you want them to do? There's only so many clinches and grapples...they can't make up new ones. That's kind of like complaining a boxing game has hooks/jabs, etc and then the next one only has the same moves.

There are only so many clinches and grapples, but every style and fighter handles things very differently. Every character moves the same way as part of a template. With the fight night games they made characters like Mike Tyson and Ali worlds apart, but in the UFC game Brock Lesnar and Frank Mir are about 80% identical. That's the issue.
They did the right thing with adding a few personal touches (like the J. Jones elbows), but the characters are still just just one of 4 templates with a textured face/body on top.
Look no further than the Evans/Jackson fight from last weekend and then make note of how they're virtually identical in the game.

Back