UDOO BOLT Looking to Bring AMD V1000 to the Masses

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
The AMD Ryzen™ Embedded V1000 processor is truly a CPU/GPU combo meant for more enterprise type needs, but some folks are not happy about that and have put together a Kickstarter in order to bring the V1000 to the unwashed desktop masses...you know, us. The UDOO BOLT touts Ryzen's 4C/8T for all sorts of uses. Native support for four 4K displays as well.

Check out the video.

The UDOO BOLT is a quantum leap compared to current maker boards: a portable, breakthrough supercomputer that goes up to 3.6 GHz thanks to the brand-new AMD Ryzen Embedded V1000 SoC, a top-notch, multicore CPU with a mobile GPU on par with GTX 950 and an integrated Arduino - compatible platform, all wrapped into one.

Last edited:
I could build a system around it in my Power Wagon, or any other car.

There's a lot there I like.

This is a pretty awesome little board.

2x HDMI 2.0
2x USB-C
Gigabit LAN
3x M.2 (at least one has NVM-E support)
SATA
IR for remotes
mounting for coolers....

Holy shit...perfect HTPC!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!! SOLD as long as the price isn't off into the moon!

$229!!!

HERE TO BUY!

It would be nice to see some real benchmarks of that thing instead of just hipsters jumping around.

Reactions: Creig
like this
Watercool it with 120mm rad. No throttling and could even OC I bet.

This is the same processor in the Smach-Z. I had looked around for an alternative, but I haven't found any good X86-based SoCs with decent graphics. The main use case for me is (like the Smach-Z) to play pre-compiled Steam games on Linux. Otherwise I could just recompile for whatever architecture the SoC uses.

Neat little toy. Would've backed them up but I am going to need slightly more powah. How about a 2700 soc :)

Given that it's a product meant for hobbyists there's room for a higher tier with the top 35-54W model and 11 CUs. A HSF that can dissipate 54w doesn't need to be much larger than the cheap aluminum block shown on their kickstarter.

Back