Ubuntu 7.10 apt-get not finding packages or able to install things

MadJuggla9

2[H]4U
I just installed Ubuntu 7.10 a day or so ago. I can't install things. When I attempt apt-get it never finds the package. When I try to install a firefox plugin, it says "Can not find 'plugin-name'"

Here's a small shell showing. I have internet and everything seems to work ok. I'm not sure where to start.. Google recommended a few things, none of which helped.

chris@ubuntu710:~$ sudo apt-get install apache2
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package apache2
chris@ubuntu710:~$ sudo apt-get install php5-cli
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package php5-cli

I tried adding sources and changing the server to US server. Is there something I've overlooked?

try `apt-cache search apache2` and see if the package is listed. according to feisty it is...so im not sure what's going on there. the lack of a listed package should at least verify its an issue with your sources.lst though

try `apt-cache search apache2` and see if the package is listed. according to feisty it is...so im not sure what's going on there. the lack of a listed package should at least verify its an issue with your sources.lst though

Indeed, paste the file here to confirm. Otherwise, edit and uncomment (or use the Synaptic Package Manager GUI to add) the additional sources and try again. I can't recall rather Apache is in the official repositories or not, but I am mostly certain at least PHP (and perhaps Apache) are in Universe.

Back