Ubuntu 10.4 Wireless Network Connection Problem

INOX

2[H]4U
First off. Im new to Linux and this is my first real OS experence with it. I just did a custom install of Ubuntu and it looks like it found all of my laptops components. Its an older HP L2000. All is well but I can't connect to the interenet. I can see the wireless icon up on the task bar so I think that is working ok. I click on it to find my connection but nothing appears. On my other computer I can see about 5 other signals but none with Ubuntu. I tried to connect manually but no luck. Also, I have ATT Uverse. Any ideas?

Any chance the wireless adapter is turned off? The indicator lights next to the toggle button, if you have one, may not work in Ubuntu. At least thats the way it was for my first few laptops.

I figured it out. I went to Hardware Drivers but since I wasn't connected to the Internet it couldn't find any problems. So I directly connected to my router and the Internet came up fine. I went back to Hard Drivers and updated and it found my wireless adapter and downloaded drivers for it. I activated, restarted and it works great now.

Back