Ubisoft's ‘I Am Alive’ on PC September 13

I heard they will be pushing the envelope with this release...

Stool AND blood sample based DRM! :D

Should I pirate or buy... Hmmmmmmmm

Nope, not going to touch this either way!

1) don't want ported crap
2) don't want shitty DRM
3) why should I bother when I'll be labeled a pirate
4) if you want me, as a PC gaming customer, to buy your products. Release the game on all platforms at the same time.​

The graphics were sub-par on the console version, so this better get a damn-good PC treatment, or it is definitely a no-go.

Should I pirate or buy... Hmmmmmmmm

Nope, not going to touch this either way!

1) don't want ported crap
2) don't want shitty DRM
3) why should I bother when I'll be labeled a pirate
4) if you want me, as a PC gaming customer, to buy your products. Release the game on all platforms at the same time.​

Should this flop on the PC, Ubi will not even get why. I am not going to buy it based 100% on it being an UbiSoft title. 100%. This sort of story driven game is exactly the kind of SP game I like, port or not. But, not buying, or infringing, it because of how Ubi treats the PC and the people that game on them.

If every time you walked into a store you were maliciously, and without reason, called a thief by the owners, would you continue to do business there?

I'll never understand why Ubi thought this was a good idea.

Ass Creed 1, 2, and Brotherhood are on Steam with no 3rd party DRM, and surely sold just fine. They know most PC gamers like Steamworks with the cloud saves and achievements, but instead they make their own bullshit DRM.

Ubisoft they are that company that likes to say people are poor because they pirates stuff, ya OK i'll believe that? (sarcasm)

If they give me a demo I will give them a fair shake, if they don't well I have other things to spend my money on.

>All PC gamers are pirates!
>PC Piracy rate at 95%!!!
>Console only releases!
>*Game does poorly on console* H-h-hey guys! W-we got a game for you! Sorry its months late! W-we promise its good!"

Fuck off Ubisoft, I will not settle for sloppy seconds

Reviewers have been brutal to I Am Alive on the consoles (IGN "Isn't fun."). The game is garbage. And, ports are generally insults to PC gamers (DX9, etc.).

I don't blame companies for releasing console versions first.

I for one am looking forward to this game.

After watching numerous game play videos I have to say that this game is about survival first with the "game" part being second. I've seen people say it isn't fun...well, when is a post apocalyptic world where anything you do could possibly lead to death ever "fun"?

I mean, this isn't Fallout...its trying to be more realistic than that in every way. From helping survivors if you have the resources to running into violent murderous packs of people to avoiding death from a world that's falling apart around you, the is a game made to test you, not entertain you.

Can't wait for its release! I already know I'm buying it and yeah, fuck Ubi, but you know what? I don't care who publishes the game or what they think about PC gamer's because I'd rather enjoy the games we get from them now before they stop making them!

Funny that this a game that I have been looking for lately. But yet it's from Ubisoft......

Yay, a console port that lets you turn up the resolution and view distance! I'm pretty excited, but I don't think Ubisoft should release this since 95% of their customers will just pirate it and that will explain why no one wants to buy it.

Wasn't this the title that the creators said wouldn't come out on PC because we are all pirates? I can't seem to find the article regarding it, but I was pretty sure there was one that called pretty much all PC gamers "dirty pirates". My Steam account would like to say I'm not a pirate, but if a company insists so much that I am well why should I buy there game then?

http://kotaku.com/5862433/i-am-aliv...ining-why-they-dont-get-a-version-of-the-game

So much negativity here sheesh... if its a good game, i'll buy it, obviously i'll look over the weird DRM problems if they have any, when it releases.

So much negativity here sheesh... if its a good game, i'll buy it, obviously i'll look over the weird DRM problems if they have any, when it releases.
Well deserved negativity.

If everyone is labeled a thief, and they do their best to make game playing on the PC a nightmare, then why should ANYONE support Ubi?

Ubi made their own bed, now they can lie in it.

I'll never understand why Ubi thought this was a good idea.

Ass Creed 1, 2, and Brotherhood are on Steam with no 3rd party DRM, and surely sold just fine. They know most PC gamers like Steamworks with the cloud saves and achievements, but instead they make their own bullshit DRM.
You might want to verify that - the Assassin's Creed games on Steam do require a Uplay account.

Well deserved negativity.

If everyone is labeled a thief, and they do their best to make game playing on the PC a nightmare, then why should ANYONE support Ubi?

Ubi made their own bed, now they can lie in it.

Does the developer that spent a ton of time and energy making this game deserve negativity too?

Get over it man, yes Ubi sucks, but their business practices and idiot CEO have nothing to do with the actual GAMES!

I am looking forward to "I Am Alive" as its a unique game with very interesting game play...THIS is why I'm buying it, no other reason.

Fuck Ubi but NOT their games.

Ubisoft treats us like garbage and calls us names. They don't exactly breed positivity.

Does the developer that spent a ton of time and energy making this game deserve negativity too?

Get over it man, yes Ubi sucks, but their business practices and idiot CEO have nothing to do with the actual GAMES!

I am looking forward to "I Am Alive" as its a unique game with very interesting game play...THIS is why I'm buying it, no other reason.

You can't differentiate the two. I am not going to play this game, no matter how great it is, because I refuse to support Ubisoft. Their restrictive DRM, indifference to customers, and abuse of their developers is simply unacceptable. It's a shame when you have to miss out on a good game in the name of principle (or because you don't believe you'll be able to actually PLAY the damn thing based on your experience with uPlay breaking software), but them's the breaks. If you give ubisoft your money, they'll continue to use these business practices, and if you pirate the software, they'll continue to feel justified in acting like douchebags.

so this game did shitty on the consoles, and they decide to bring it to pc.

at least they're honest about posting 8/10 ratings on the video.
but that just means the game is likely mediocre.

I for one am looking forward to this game.

After watching numerous game play videos I have to say that this game is about survival first with the "game" part being second. I've seen people say it isn't fun...well, when is a post apocalyptic world where anything you do could possibly lead to death ever "fun"?

I mean, this isn't Fallout...its trying to be more realistic than that in every way. From helping survivors if you have the resources to running into violent murderous packs of people to avoiding death from a world that's falling apart around you, the is a game made to test you, not entertain you.

Can't wait for its release! I already know I'm buying it and yeah, fuck Ubi, but you know what? I don't care who publishes the game or what they think about PC gamer's because I'd rather enjoy the games we get from them now before they stop making them!

Did you seriously just defend a game, on the premise that it SHOULDN'T be fun? Really?

Wrong. Their DRM system has had a long history of causing problems with gameplay. Gameplay. How does that have nothing to do with the actual GAME?

Ubisoft is so worried about pirating, that it's reached a pathological level. That fear has blinded them to what is good for their customers, and hence good for them. I have never purchased a Ubisoft game, since they started rolling out the silly DRM, and will continue to not purchase their games. I can't even be arsed to pirate them.

This game looks pretty bad. The graphics look pretty dated, probably because it's going to be a bad console port. Mash together a horror game with uncharted, bolt it onto a horrible looking engine, and then complain once again that it's all the fault of those that pirate games, for the reason why it doesn't sell.

I own nearly every game I've pirated from Ubisoft, if the game is good the developers get my money. i.e. If it wasn't for piracy myself and all the people I've gotten to buy certain games, never would have. If you only look at one side of the picture you're being ignorant.

But yeah, the DRM locked me out of my paid titles for a while which sucked, (account issues on their end, which after repeated attempts at contacting support finally got resolved) and being treated as a second-rate consumer is also a little irritating.

This is the first time I've actually seen footage of this game and what I saw, I thought looked very good (as a trailer should be). Hopefully this game will be able to overcome what short comings an Ubi Soft pc release will have.

I've been wanting to try the game out. I've bought a few Ubi games in the past, but with their recent (and older) comments about pirates... No thanks. I'll wait until it's real cheap on Steam or just pass. I'm not a pirate and I won't be treated like one. Tons of other games and studios that treat people right.

Will Ubi take the hint? Hell no.

Fuck Ubisoft. I hope they go under for what they did to Settlers and the Silent Hunter franchises.

Hmm, I wonder what made Ubisoft changed their minds when they said this wasn't going to be ported to PC because all PC users are pirates, Ubisoft should just stop porting their games to PC if they think that PC users are pirates then, why bother.

Ubisoft can suck a fat cock if it thinks I'm going to buy any of its DRM breaking games , regardless if the content interests me or not. I'm not supporting a publisher/developer that believes 95 percent of its audience is stealing its wares.

Its funny, they recently claim that 95% of PC gamer are pirate scumbags. So what do they do? Release more PC games.

Please, please don't even bother with this game. I know it looks good, but I tried it out when it was on Xbox Live, and the gameplay just isn't very good. Imagine a stipped down Prince of Persia with a post apocalyptic coat of paint, and that's it. There's basically a single path of climbing through the rubble you take, following the 1 path that the designers left for you. There's really nothing else to it, that I can remember, besides some hobo pulling a gun on you.

Aside from Ubi being verbal A-holes: Game doesn't look that fun imo.
Still, good news for those interested.

im looking forward to this one too. but not at retail prices. im sure i will pick it up bargain bin. picked up just cause for $3.74 on friday. fun game for under 4 bucks.
there is a lot of negativity here. oh well, enjoy all that negativity
My son said it was a good game (xbox) and i trust him on that... well he also said "the hurt locker was awesome" but i dont hold that against him too much :)

It is sad. I like a lot of Ubisoft games, but I just cannot support the company. They do not desire to be consumer friendly. As a matter of fact, the seem to be the RIAA or MPAA just as an actual company that produces real products. I cannot support a company that believes in DRM and is as anti-consumer as they are.

Back