Ubisoft’s CCO resigns in wake of sweeping allegations

erek

[H]F Junkie
Hmm, this is the first time i'm hearing of issues at Ubisoft, but looks like the co-founder is also out too from before / earlier investigations.

""Demeaning" jokes told to female coworkers that ended with solicitations of oral sex. Guillemot made no such announcement on Saturday. Instead, he confirmed he has temporarily taken over the role of CCO and promised to "restructure and strengthen [Ubisoft's] HR function," with efforts including a third-party audit and search for a new global HR chief. "Ubisoft has fallen short in its obligation to guarantee a safe and inclusive workplace environment for its employees," Guillemot said in a statement posted on Saturday. "This is unacceptable, as toxic behaviors are in direct contrast to values on which I have never compromised—and never will." Guillemot's statement didn't acknowledge whether he was aware of reports about Hascoet's behavior in his many years at the company. "

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020...orce-resigns-in-wake-of-sweeping-allegations/

No affection, no romance, no love.
Stay single, stay alone, and keep your mask on.

Humanity is a flaw.

Affection and love are fine on your own time, but in the workplace we should all be fellow productivity robots.

Besides, it doesn't sound like this guy was just accused of pursuing affection and romance.... That stuff was outright sexual harassment, which is illegal.

Last edited:
No affection, no romance, no love.
Stay single, stay alone, and keep your mask on.

Humanity is a flaw.

He basically said that a VP needed to be gang raped because he didn't like what she was saying.

Affection and love are fine on your own time, but in the workplace we should all be fellow productivity robots.

Besides, it doesn't sound like this guy was just accused of pursuing affection and romance.... That stuff was outright sexual harassment, which is illegal.

Heck, even if was an office romance it would be SUUUUPER inappropriate for an exec to date someone on a "lower level". WAAAAY too many potential power and control issues, which is generally why companies forbid that kind of thing.

Heck, even if was an office romance it would be SUUUUPER inappropriate for an exec to date someone on a "lower level". WAAAAY too many potential power and control issues, which is generally why companies forbid that kind of thing.

Agreed.

Generally though, keeping your personal/romance and professional lives separate is a good idea. And the most appropriate thing to do.

Cousin of mine dated, and later got engaged with a woman in his office. When the relationship fell apart, things did not go well professionally. Colleagues took sides, things just got ugly.

I'm polite and friendly with people at work, and some seem like nice people, but I never do anything with any of them outside of work. I keep my friendships and romance separate from my profession.

Gee, if there was some serious harassment, then I guess that the perpetrator needs to go.
I can't help but assume SOME level of hyperbole these days though, considering the current culture.

But if it's as bad as they say, then it's just bad.

Gee, if there was some serious harassment, then I guess that the perpetrator needs to go.
I can't help but assume SOME level of hyperbole these days though, considering the current culture.

But if it's as bad as they say, then it's just bad.

You don't "ask" THREE top level execs to "voluntarily" resign if accusations have no merit.

Edit: And the (now former) head of HR doesn't threaten to quit and take half her staff with her if the CEO doesn't publicly exonerate them from all charges either.

Agreed.

Generally though, keeping your personal/romance and professional lives separate is a good idea. And the most appropriate thing to do.

I'm polite and friendly with people at work, and some seem like nice people, but I never do anything with any of them outside of work. I keep my friendships and romance separate from my profession.

This in spades.

Agreed.

Cousin of mine dated, and later got engaged with a woman in his office. When the relationship fell apart, things did not go well professionally. Colleagues took sides, things just got ugly.

Screen Shot 2020-07-12 at 10.32.51 PM.png

It's almost as if the centuries of practice where men and women tended to gather in different professions may have had a practical purpose.

Nah, lets put 'em all together and we'll just make policies to keep things right.

It's almost as if the centuries of practice where men and women tended to gather in different professions may have had a practical purpose.

Nah, lets put 'em all together and we'll just make policies to keep things right.

Or, we could just practice even a modicum of self control and decency.

It is not the natural state of men to be demeaning sexist jerks to women, or anyone else for that matter. Anyone who hides behind that stated belief is just a disgusting terrible person.

Sure, it is normal to have certain desires, but that doesn't mean you have to broadcast them to the world

If a person can't treat all people with respect, at all times wherever they are, then they are a pretty shitty human being.

If a person can't conduct themselves with kindness, respect and lack of objectification, such that all people are comfortable in their presence at all times, maybe they should never leave the home.

Being a jerk is NOT normal excusable male behavior. It never has been.

If your political ideal does not correspond with the reality of being human, then we defer to reality, not your political ideal.

It is not the natural state of men to be demeaning sexist jerks to women, or anyone else for that matter. Anyone who hides behind that stated belief is just a disgusting terrible person.

Sure, it is normal to have certain desires, but that doesn't mean you have to broadcast them to the world

If a person can't treat all people with respect, at all times wherever they are, then they are a pretty shitty human being.

If a person can't conduct themselves with kindness, respect and lack of objectification, such that all people are comfortable in their presence at all times, maybe they should never leave the home.

Utter bullshit. It’s about being a good person. The reason this shit happens is because it’s allowed to happen and that shitty, toxic, attitude is encouraged in men. I don’t hit on people or try to sleep with them in situations where it is not appropriate and I definitely do not harass them or treat them like garbage if they happen to turn down my advances.

Utter bullshit. It’s about being a good person. The reason this shit happens is because it’s allowed to happen and that shitty, toxic, attitude is encouraged in men. I don’t hit on people or try to sleep with them in situations where it is not appropriate and I definitely do not harass them or treat them like garbage if they happen to turn down my advances.

People who do this, don't do it because they are men. They do it because they are assholes. There is no part of being a man that requires or even encourages you to be an asshole.

Thats a mighty high horse you have their, hope you don't fall off.

It must suck, keeping everyone at work at arms length. I always treat my colleagues as friends (who don't act like you do), and many of them I'm still friends with despite no longer working at the same company.

This guy was a jerk but on the basic of dating people at work -- it may not be ideal but these are the people that you are spending most of your time with and will know the best. Easy for those that are already married to object to but if your single and not into picking up drunken women at bars, your choices are rather limited.

Growing up is PC bull-shit.

Man-child life 4eva.

Sexual allegations seem like a cop out. I bet he didn't put the cover sheet on his TPS reports.

Women in the workplace - and I know this will sound nuts - just actually want to do their job. Gender doesn't come up when you work with Dave, and it shouldn't when you work with Denise. It's a job.

It's really not confusing or controversial. I hope.

I just love seeing how these big corporations that adopted these hyper woke values in a cynical attempt to pander are now getting eaten alive by the monster they enabled. Having worked for a bit in a giant soulless corporation that pulled that shit, it turns the workplace into an openly antagonistic environment. The boomer directors refuse to mentor female employees out of fear of false claims and male managers have to be directly ordered to, they will never volunteer and even then they play everything super sterile around them. There are rats everywhere you will narc on people if they complain or say anything in private that is not 100% kosher, so noone behaves even remotely like a human being. It's a world where the office "character" has the super unique personality trait in which he "likes food." Fuck that cancerous shit, suppression of personality and thought is exactly the way innovation doesn't occur.

That stuff was outright sexual harassment, which is illegal.
So call the fucking cops to investigate it. If they find sufficient evidence so that he's indicted on a crime you fire him, otherwise fuckoff. Believe it or not, it is possible to embellish or even outright falsify accusations.

And the (now former) head of HR doesn't threaten to quit and take half her staff with her

No loss there, everywhere I have worked HR has been filled with busy bodies that drain all employee morale from a company. He should have called her bluff since HR staff are a dime a dozen.

So call the fucking cops to investigate it. If they find sufficient evidence so that he's indicted on a crime you fire him, otherwise fuckoff. Believe it or not, it is possible to embellish or even outright falsify accusations.
The first accusation happened at a company holiday party. Do you think they didn't have wittnesses?

FYI: Cops don't give a shit about this stuff.

Agreed 100%
But...... you can't fix stupid...
Stupid will stupid no matter what

"Not being a jerk" really shouldn't be such a tall order or high horse territory.

It's the bare minimum for being a decent human being.

Thats not what you said, this is what you said.

"If a person can't treat all people with respect, at all times wherever they are, then they are a pretty shitty human being."

It is possible to say a thing that sounds bad, but is not actually bad, just as it is possible to say a thing that sounds good or charismatic, but is actually bad.

The truth of reality is always more than mere words.

Back