Ubisoft Wants A Better Relationship With PC Gamers

Make fun games accessible to people without them having to jump though hoops just to play something they bought.

Who cares this is just more of their shitty publicity, reminds me of BF3 when they made all those claims about built for PC first just to get suckers to buy it then it shows up half broken with tons of rube goldberg mechanisms. Companies are judged by their final product nothing they say is important it is all just shit spewing from their mouth to try to snag some sales after their last bad product.

Yes, many times on multiple occasions.

Yep. We simply won't forget that one.

Ubisoft should just give up and stop making games for the PC. No one wants partially functional trash day 1 with DRM.

I don't understand why if these publishers hate us so much why they keep going after us for sales.

I don't buy Ubisoft games anymore or at least I try my best not to.

I will admit that despite all their negativity towards PC gamers throughout the years (DRM, UPlay, hateful comments, etc) that their PC games as of late have been quite nice! A lot of them support various PC only graphics options including DX11.

So stop the hate, stop the DRM, and continue making PC games the way you have been and we'll be good to go!

I will admit that despite all their negativity towards PC gamers throughout the years (DRM, UPlay, hateful comments, etc) that their PC games as of late have been quite nice! A lot of them support various PC only graphics options including DX11.

So stop the hate, stop the DRM, and continue making PC games the way you have been and we'll be good to go!

I'll stop the hate when they refund me for selling me defective merchandise. Fry's wouldn't take it back so they should.

Isn't Ubisoft the one that said 99% of gamers were pirates?

I think this is the quote you're looking for:

“On PC it’s only around five to seven per cent of the players who pay for F2P, but normally on PC it’s only about five to seven per cent who pay anyway, the rest is pirated. It’s around a 93-95 per cent piracy rate, so it ends up at about the same percentage,” Guillemot said.

My translation of the statement is that we've got the inside track on NextGen Xbox & PS4 and decided to warm back up to PC gamers.

It's pretty clear that developers now realize that game consoles are essentially going PC. We know both Xbox and now Playstation consoles are going to have x86 CPUs in them. This is not a random choice. They did this so they could have games on both PC and consoles. Expect a Sony store like Valve's Steam and EA's Origin.

Ubisoft just realized they need a Ubisoft store too. Otherwise they'll lose 30% of their profit. Gaming has officially gone PC people.

I actually do not buy (or play) UBI games because of their bullshit. Once they stop acting like ass hats, maybe I'll throw some money their way.

Chances of Ubisoft not being a bunch of asshats....eh, I put it at around a 93-95 percent rate.

Ubisoft: PC gamers are scumbag pirates of a dying shitty medium.
Valve: We're making millions of dollars on PC.
Ubisoft: We love you PC gamers! We never meant any of those things we said.

It's as almost as bad as when Oil companies say they're investing in the environment. It's because they care :rolleyes:

Have never had an issue with any of my Ubisoft games or uPlay.

Looking forward to watch dogs too.

Short list for ya Ubisoft:

1) Don't treat your customers as pirates first, paying customers second.
2) No DRM. Try the carrot instead of the stick. It works better.
3) Options. PC gamers like them. A lot. We paid for the good hardware, so let us configure.
4) About those console ports... yeah, see option 3 and fix the freakin' bugs.
5) You know Steam's the big thing, so put the games there.

That's my $0.02. Feel free to add to this anyone.

Steamworks would make me buy Ubisoft games. I would have already bought Far Cry 3 and the AC games.

Then stop being douchebags. That'll probably do the trick. Oh, and get together and decide on a company policy and like for PC gaming. If you hate it because they are all pirates, fine, stop making PC games. If you want some of that sweet, sweet PC gaming money, then support it and be nice able it.

“Announcing all these partners for Uplay and a wider choice of PC games, it shows our commitment to PC, and we want to improve out relationship with the PC community,” she told MCV. “We are always seeking to improve. We took a lot of that feedback on board. With every game on PC we are improving. Far Cry 3 and Assassin’s Creed III on PC were very high quality.”

"Some of my best friends are black"

3) Options. PC gamers like them. A lot. We paid for the good hardware, so let us configure.

To add to #1.

I think an apology from the execs who have stated the "95% of PC gamers are Pirates" would go a long way to winning over the community.

The game plays 10x better with an XBOX 360 controller plugged into your computer though. UBI still just don't have the knack of getting the AC controls translated to keyboard/mouse in a sensible way.

I think that's not necessarily a problem only with the control scheme, moreso than it is just the gameplay just feels nicer on a controller. Both Batman:AA and AC feel better with a gamepad, and the same goes for most games of that type.

They want a better relationship with PC gamers during the PS3/Xbox360 - PS4/Xbox720 transition, where ultimate sales may go down while consumers adopt the new consoles over the next 2 years.

After that happens it's back to treating PC gamers like crap.

I enjoyed FC3 single player. I tried FC3 MP and wasn't thrilled (I do overall enjoy MP FPS).

I'm terrible with associating companies with games. However, when I think of Ubisoft, I think of a pain in the ass.

..oh yeah, Assasins Creed. I'm playing with a mouse and keyboard and It's telling me to hit the triangle button.

I'm terrible with associating companies with games. However, when I think of Ubisoft, I think of a pain in the ass.

..oh yeah, Assasins Creed. I'm playing with a mouse and keyboard and It's telling me to hit the triangle button.

That's odd the Assassin's Creed I played didn't even show those buttons, which one are you playing, cause I'm currently in Brotherhood and none of the previous games have done that to me?

I'll stop the hate when they refund me for selling me defective merchandise. Fry's wouldn't take it back so they should.

Gamestop won't take back PC games either, once you have opened it, your Shia Labeouf (shit out of luck).

As someone who plays AC3 on PC (because it was free), it is definitely NOT high quality. Graphical glitches galore. I wonder if all the covered wagons are invisible on Xbox and PS3 too? :rolleyes:

Ubisoft can use uPlay but they have to bring it up to spec with Origin and Steam. The layout is terrible, the store opens in a seperate window. They have enough trouble intergrating with their own stuff let alone Steam etc.

If they really want to impress they me they can remove the price hikes for countries like australia

this till they figure it out Ubisoft can die in a fire

the MAIN thing they need to do outside the online only DRM is to stop HOLDING BACK GAMES ON THE PC.

I'm so tired of looking forward to a game on the pc , finding out it's ubisoft publishing/developing it, because 9 times out of 10 they'll hold the pc release back a month or more after the console release, simply because they assume a pc version will be pirated and stop people from buying the console version or other nonsense.

They need to look at CD Projekt Red or other studios pc gamers like.

If they want uplay to be as trust as Valve's Steam, they need to allow offline play and let people simply plug in their ubisoft keys and download the games from it (as it stands now you have to first install the game from cd or other online service and THEN put the key in/register it through uplay, which seems absurd.

Stop fucking us over.

I thought that you liked that kind of relationship.:(

fucked%20over.jpg

Well, at least Far Cry 3 didn't have online DRM which was a nice start so I'm willing to allow Ubisoft to treat the PC community better. If they make good games without their atrocious DRM, everybody wins.

I'd buy FC3 today if UBI didn't force you to use Uplay. Or if they are going to offer it on Uplay fine. Do it. But don't offer it on steam, and then force steam users to open both. That's just fucking stupid.

If Ubisoft gags its executives whenever they let out more "95% of PC gamers are pirates hurrrdurrr" drivel, then the relationship will slowly but steadily improve.

Back