Ubisoft Planning A Netflix TV Series?

HardOCP News

[H] News
According to the rumor mill, Ubisoft is planning a Netflix series. While that seems totally possible, what franchises are left that would make a good series? All Ubisoft's current properties are being made into movies.

Yet there may be something else in the works with a Reuters article indicating today that the French game publisher is “in talks with Netflix over a series”. No further details are available. A Netflix deal would be something different and of course the big question is – what property would it be? Other notable Ubisoft titles include the “Prince of Persia,” “Call of Juarez,” “Rainbow Six,” “Rayman,” “Just Dance” and “Trials” franchises.

Chimpee

[H]ard|Gawd
More competition is always good but knowing UbiSoft, they will find some way to eff it up.

Kwaz

Whine & Cheezy
Probably The Division - The Series.

It would make for a pretty good show.

scojer

[H]ardness Supreme
As long as Uwe Boll is Not involved it could be a good thing.

NickJames

[H]ardness Supreme
Probably The Division - The Series.

It would make for a pretty good show.
The mini episodes they had for the division were pretty good. I would love a show showcasing a viral outbreak. None of that zombie bullshit, just straight up virus killing people.

Reactions: Kwaz
like this

Darunion

2[H]4U
So in the spirit of ubisoft, it will be advertised as the avengers visual quality and what we will get is captain planet cartoon?

Kwaz

Whine & Cheezy
The mini episodes they had for the division were pretty good. I would love a show showcasing a viral outbreak. None of that zombie bullshit, just straight up virus killing people.
There was a movie like this I forget what it was called. Contagion or something. I think it did have some zombie stuff though

NickJames

[H]ardness Supreme
There was a movie like this I forget what it was called. Contagion or something. I think it did have some zombie stuff though
Contagion was enjoyable, no zombies in that one, just a virus that took out like 50mil or something. For a movie the events were taking place a bit too quick so a show would be more interesting showing the events from everyone's POV like the CDC and citizens.

Last edited:

Spidey329

[H]ardForum Junkie
Rainbow Six could be done as a more international Flashpoint. But might work better as a movie.

The Division would work. Assassin's Creed would work.

Deimos

Gawd
I was going to make a joke about it being Rayman. Then when I actually thought about it, it made sense :eek:

krotch

[H]ardness Supreme
Rainbow Six could be done as a more international Flashpoint. But might work better as a movie.

The Division would work. Assassin's Creed would work.
Rainbow Six was written like it was a movie. I don't know if they actually own the rights to make a movie for it.