Ubisoft Giving Away Yet Another Free Game

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by HardOCP News, Dec 7, 2016.

1. HardOCP News

HardOCP News [H] News

To celebrate its 30th anniversary, Ubisoft is giving away a free copy of Assassin's Creed III for the month of December. If you have an Ubisoft account all you need to do is log in to get the free game. If you don't have an account, it's free and easy and takes just a few minutes to create one.

Roberty likes this.
  2. Domingo

Domingo Skip My Posts

Not necessarily one of the best games in the series, but I really enjoyed the side missions where you explore the root of American tall tales and legends.
    Plus, you can't beat free.

3. CanesVenetici

CanesVenetici Limp Gawd

Uplay has been unresponsive for me all morning. I'm assuming they're getting hit pretty hard right now? And I was just blocked for too many failed attempts to log in...
    Anyone else having this problem?

J-Will and ChoGGi like this.
  4. marcoi

marcoi [H]ard|Gawd

having login issues as well

5. thefordmccord

thefordmccord [H]ard|Gawd

Gives away game. Servers conveniently crash...

6. bigdogchris

bigdogchris [H]ard as it Gets

I've always had login issues with them. Even after changing password the login for UPLAY isn't synced up yet. I load up my UPLAY, login, then go to the shop to download and it prompts me to log in again, within the application I'm already logged into. It's done this to me before.

7. Domingo

Domingo Skip My Posts

Haven't tried to download this one, but Uplay has been pretty trouble-free for me over the last year or two. They have updated the front end software like 3-4 times in the last 2 weeks, so that might be the cause of issues today.

8. westrock2000

westrock2000 [H]ardForum Junkie

There have been some Assassin's Creed's given away on Xbox Live as well, not sure if this was one of them.

9. Shmee

Shmee [H]ard|Gawd

According to their twitter they are having login issues: You will be able to get this game all month, so I would just forget about it until later. I just hope they get everything figured out before the big giveaway Friday.

xX326Xx likes this.
  10. Ranulfo

Ranulfo [H]ard|Gawd

Yeah, login issues for me too.

11. ChefJeff789

ChefJeff789 [H]Lite

I had trouble this morning as well, and there are several reports of having accounts locked out due to too many sign-on attempts: http://downdetector.com/status/uplay

I have had quite a few problems with Uplay in general. At my last apartment, I simply couldn't use it (same ISP, could never solve it)

12. DPI

DPI Nitpick Police

slickdeals vultures probably caught wind of this and hammering the servers..

pxc likes this.
  13. Bigdady92

Bigdady92 [H]ardness Supreme

Ubisoft's servers having problems? Shocked face. You don't say?

14. McDork

McDork Gawd

I downloaded about 7 am mountain time. I had to log in a couple of times, but It downloaded right away without a hitch. It took about an hour to download. They must be getting really slammed.

15. Nytegard

Nytegard 2[H]4U

But I thought everyone hated Ubisoft and would refuse to play Assassin's Creed 3 because it's overrated, even if it was free!

16. Unexploded

Unexploded Limp Gawd

Took a couple of attempts here, but eventually worked. Wasn't even aware they hard their own bargain-basement version of Steam until the other day when I went looking to redeem a free copy of Watchdogs 2.
    It's kinda ugly/clunky, but decent download speeds.

17. MrWrong

MrWrong [H]ard|Gawd

Considering this promotion has been running for the past 3 or 4 months with a new game every month I doubt it has anything to do with Slickdeals vultures.

18. DPI

DPI Nitpick Police

It's the fact that it's Assassins Creed. Still insanely popular.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  19. Domingo

Domingo Skip My Posts

Considering previous releases were for newer games like the Crew and Blood Dragon, I'm surprised they didn't go with Black Flag. It's arguably the best in the series, it already sold well, and it could spur sales of the spin off (or the London/Paris games).

20. DPI

DPI Nitpick Police

FC:Blood Dragon and The Crew weren't the blockbusters that Black Flag was. I reckon they don't want/need to devalue the IP by giving the best title away.

21. umeng2002

umeng2002 Gawd

Ah, I was about to buy this game since I'm finally playing the Ass Creed series.

22. Stiler

Stiler [H]ardForum Junkie

I know it's generally looked down upon but imo this was one of the better AC games as far as gameplay goes.

The combat , with the multi-kill moves (which sadly have been removed as the series went on for some stupid reason) was the best of the series. Plus this introduced the amazing ship battles which they used to go into Black Flag.

Also the setting and weather/season system made it feel like a nice change of pace compared to allllllllllll the other AC games (minus black flag).

The only downside was Connor himself, they didn't really make him that interesting as a character in terms of his personality or character arc, especially compared to say, Ezio.

For me it'd be:

AC2
    AC3
    Black Flag
    AC1
    AC4
    shit
    AC unity.

Delicieuxz likes this.
  23. prime2515102

prime2515102 [H]ard|Gawd

"Congratulations, you’ve claimed the 7 games from the Ubi 30 operation!" :cautious:

24. VF31Tomcatters

VF31Tomcatters Gawd

I've always been wanting to play the AC but personal bad reviews from my peers has always shied me away from buying the game(s).

Will download and try it out.