Ubisoft Giving Away Yet Another Free Game

HardOCP News

[H] News
To celebrate its 30th anniversary, Ubisoft is giving away a free copy of The Crew for a limited time. If you have an Ubisoft account all you need to do is log in to get the free game. If you don't have an account, it's free and easy and it makes it easier to get the rest of the free games each month until December.

It's free!
YAY!!
Uplay!
Nope-Meme-04.jpg

Got it. I really don't get whats the deal with people bitching about uplay, origin and others. Just from Origin and Uplay I got like 10 free games so far.

I planned to buy the Crew at one point and just forgot all about it.Can't beat that price. I've had no issues with Uplay in a long time, too. Thanks to those Nvidia card bundle coupons I have 4-5 (recent) games for it and have had no problems with the service since the days of the original Assassin's Creed games.

game freezes every now and then for a second or two for me. anyone else having that issue?

UPlay isn't that bad these days.
Last I checked it was still terrible. It had no reason to exist. Ubisoft threw it together haphazardly because they didn't want to be left off the bandwagon after EA created origin. But it serves no purpose. It doesn't even auto-patch games.

I wanted to try the game back when it was new, but I heard so much negative feedback on it, that now I don't want it not even for free.

UPlay isn't that bad these days.

It kinda is. But I have R6: Siege so I'm stuck with it anyway. Might as well try The Crew.

It's the same guys and/or gals that whine about anything that isn't Steam. Because we all know Steam is perfect right? Right??

And on the opposite side we have the "I've never had a problem personally so it must work perfectly for everyone" crowd.

Maybe we can meet somewhere in the middle with "It's not great but it's not literally Hitler either".

It does auto patch games ;)

Then that's a new thing. Too bad they ruined their reputation by releasing it as the crappy shit that it was a few years ago. Now I already catalogued it as such, and don't even want to hear about it, despite it being improved. And their reputation further suffered with the travesty that was Watchdogs. And now with the Division. If they spent half the money they spent on advertising and campaigns on the actual game it might have been actually good.

uPlay runs perfectly fine for me. I'll start downloading this after I arrive home from work. Thanks for the heads-up!

Oh, Uplay. We meet again..... I log into the website, click start Uplay and DL, Uplay pops up and asks to log in and says nope. So back to the website. I log in, reset password and then go to log in the the Uplay again.

Nope, not correct. So I hit the website again, log in again, sucessfully I might add and reset the password.

Start Uplay again, enter credentials, the very same I just cofirmed logging in on the website and it rejects it again. Five times I do this.....

Fuck free.

I have this game, I got it for about $10 a year or two ago. It's pretty good, at least the single player compaign is fun and there is a good selection of cars. I don't recommend buying the wild run expansion, it's pretty empty.

Free game, sounds good to me. Uplay. Already got that on my system from R6, Splinter Cell, The Division, etc grames.

I grabbed this game last night and played it. Got bored after about an hour and uninstalled. I would have been pissed if I spent money on this. The game had potential but was executed in the most horrible way. The cars handle extremely poorly and the AI is awful and relies solely on rubber-banding.

It would have been cool if everything was open from the start so you could fully customize your ride but they have everything locked out to make you grind "challenges" and races, and upgrades are simple generic stat boosts. You gained a level 4 ECU, that's +2 to braking! Congratulations!

The only bit of fun I had was when I found some other guy online and I just chased him around Chicago tormenting him by smashing into him at full speed repeatedly. He eventually ran into enough things trying to escape me that he triggered the police after him, and one more smash into him to stop his car let the cops arrest him.

I'm not sure that was the intended way to play the game but a guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do.:rolleyes:

Just a heads up for anyone trying to play the crew with eyefinity setups. The latest driver from AMD (and all previous ones) breaks eyefinity in the game, although i think its a bigger problem because it happens to 3 ubisoft games only. But to play the crew in eyefinity you need catalyst driver 14.4 to play. I hope this helps someone as it took me 2 hours to figure it out. The other games that eyefinity is broken unless you use driver 14.4 are Assassins Creed Black flag, Assissins creed freedom cry, and assassins creed rouge (alll ubisoft) it also helped the supercruse problem in elite dangerous...ok 4 games now 5. What is the difference between 14.4 and ALL other drivers. and how come it only effects these games.

...The only bit of fun I had was when I found some other guy online and I just chased him around Chicago tormenting him by smashing into him at full speed repeatedly. He eventually ran into enough things trying to escape me that he triggered the police after him, and one more smash into him to stop his car let the cops arrest him.

I'm not sure that was the intended way to play the game but a guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do...:rolleyes:

I... what? You... sigh.

At least you uninstalled it before I tried it.

Then that's a new thing. Too bad they ruined their reputation by releasing it as the crappy shit that it was a few years ago. Now I already catalogued it as such, and don't even want to hear about it, despite it being improved. And their reputation further suffered with the travesty that was Watchdogs. And now with the Division. If they spent half the money they spent on advertising and campaigns on the actual game it might have been actually good.

At least you freely admit that your complaints are based on outdated, years-old information that you never bothered to refresh and update.

The Crew was a big dload, 21.35GB, then it wouldn't run so was pissed for wasting my time and bandwidth. But after a bit of digging around found out it was because my Nvidia video driver needed to be updated, so if it doesn't run for you then try updating your video driver. Seems like an ok game but I never have really cared for arcade racers and prefer simulation types. Driving physics feel better than that free Need for Speed game I got from Origin though.

For those who are complaining it is on UPlay, you may want to try it again. Lets see, all I had to do it open the program, click on the game, click get free game and that was it, all of 15 seconds. (Have not downloaded it yet though since I have to go to work.)

Back