Ubisoft Giving Away Seven Free Games

HardOCP News

[H] News
Ubisoft is wrapping up its 30th anniversary celebration by giving away seven free games all weekend. These are the games the company has been giving away each month leading up to the end of the year so, if you missed out on any of those, here they are again. If you have an Ubisoft account all you need to do is log in to get the free games. If you don't have an account, it's free and easy and takes just a few minutes to create one.

So pretty much they are giving away nothing since they already gave all these games away. Cool.

So pretty much they are giving away nothing since they already gave all these games away. Cool.
I missed the first three so I'll go back and get Rayman. Don't care too much for the other two.

Aw man Assassins Creed.
I still havent bought myself a new little finger.

Its nice they are doing this for older games but there are so many new ones now and with VR on top... Sod replaying older games, I barely have time for life lol!
My already groaning hard drives will thank me for ignoring this.

Okay, I have to admit that I've been ignoring Ubisoft for a while now. Is Uplay required for these games, and is it still a steaming pile of always online DRM?

Gotta say, that free game bundle list is pretty solid for the most part.

Okay, I have to admit that I've been ignoring Ubisoft for a while now. Is Uplay required for these games, and is it still a steaming pile of always online DRM?
Yes uplay is needed but no it works very well now. I have 0 complaints with it, works good and seems to Be very unobtrusive when it's running. I only fire it up when I want to play a game but I don't hate it like I use to (same with origin). Both ea and Ubisoft have stepped up their platforms to compete with steam

If these were free on PS4 I might play some. But my PC backlog is so full of better games right now, my level of caring is not too much.

Also, uPlay, but that's a different convo. I have it anyway because of Farcrys.

Edit - OK I'm a hypocrite. Free backlog is more free backlog. Probably only interested in Blood Dragon and the Crew. It's a bundle though so you get all or nothing, but you can choose which to download.

Last edited:

Yes, requires uPlay. As for it being a POS...eh, it's not terrible but it's no Steam either. It's usable.

Yes uplay is needed but no it works very well now. I have 0 complaints with it, works good and seems to Be very unobtrusive when it's running. I only fire it up when I want to play a game but I don't hate it like I use to (same with origin). Both ea and Ubisoft have stepped up their platforms to compete with steam

Agreed.

Also, it's worth noting that you don't have to install the games to claim them. So no real harm claiming, they'll be around if you change your mind later.

Looks like I just caught up on all the ones I ignored in 1 go. The Crew and Far cry are on my list to play.

The first one I got was The Crew. It was OK but not really my thing. Beyond Good and Evil made me cringe at the graphics, and Far Cry: Blood Dragon just seemed dumb; it didn't make any sense to me while playing. Rayman is good, but I've got it. Splinter Cell was good but I'm sure it looks outdated. I can't speak for Prince of Persia. I haven't tried Assassin's Creed yet.

Stupid fucking Uplay.

I decided to enable two-factor authorization on my UPlay account a few days ago, and today I decided to login and claim some of these free games and what do you know. 2FA doesn't work. UPlay (and the Ubisoft website) don't recognize any code that Google Authenticator spits out, nor do any of my emergency 'recovery codes' work.

The one time I decide to be a little more 'secure' and this is what I get.

Stupid fucking Uplay.

I decided to enable two-factor authorization on my UPlay account a few days ago, and today I decided to login and claim some of these free games and what do you know. 2FA doesn't work. UPlay (and the Ubisoft website) don't recognize any code that Google Authenticator spits out, nor do any of my emergency 'recovery codes' work.

The one time I decide to be a little more 'secure' and this is what I get.
I tried to enable it but it wouldn't even let me log in to ubisoft on chrome. Every time I clicked login it refreshed as if I typed my password wrong.

far cry 3 crashes on launch. Apparently the HD4670 in my backup rig isn't enough to launch the crew. splinter cell controls are shit, pretty much needs a controller. Assassins creed says punkbuster kicked me. Beyond good and evil lags a ton, like 5FPS, no joke. This game is 13 years old and it's a fucking slideshow. Rayman plays fine, we will see if it's any good.

I missed one some time back and picked it up when all 7 were offered. No complaints from me. :p

I got a couple of those that I missed. My son got all of them. :) Nothing like some cool free games.

His Steam library is getting bigger, too. He can almost have a scroll bar when full screen. :)

I logged on got freebies and logged out lol - but thanks for the heads up! Free is great.

Back