Ubisoft expanding their roster of games on Steam - promises over 40 games!

Roufuss

Gawd
Great news!

From Steampowered:

Ubisoft is delivering a slate of more than 40 action-packed games to Steam, including Assassin’s Creed and the Tom Clancy series. Two fan favorites are now available to customers in Canada and the United States: the acclaimed action shooter, Far Cry, and the debut game in the groundbreaking stealth action series, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell. Save 10% on either game when you buy before Tuesday, April 8th.

Starting today, the PC version of Assassin's Creed is available for pre-purchase. Be one of the first to play the highly-awaited PC adaptation of the console hit—complete with four bonus missions unique to the PC release—when it releases on April 9th.

Over the coming weeks, Ubisoft will bring many of its award-winning brands to Steam, including games from the Tom Clancy series, the Heroes of Might & Magic series, the IL-2 Sturmovik collection, and many more. The Ubisoft line-up on Steam will be the largest library of titles available from any single publisher or developer.

I can't really think of any Ubisoft games I absolutely loved, but more major publishers on Steam is always a good thing.

Splinter Cell is waaaaaaaay overpriced, but Assassin's Creed is up for preorder now, which is good for those of your who wanted to grab it.

This also means there is a good chance Vegas 2 and Far Cry 2 will now hit Steam as well.

I'm definitely going to get Assassin's Creed on Steam...and probably Far Cry since I didn't play it much at all. I was also going to buy IL-2 1946 on Direct2Drive but going to hold out in the hopes that it will be on Steam shortly...

IL-2 on Steam, huh?

Hot damn, that'll be convenient for all our office folks into the game.

You know, as awesome as this news is...I can't help but notice the posting date.

Has anyone actually tried to BUY one of these? Does it go through?

IL-2 on Steam, huh?

Hot damn, that'll be convenient for all our office folks into the game.

that's exactly what I was thinking--I may finally get the last 2 expansions.

Also, wtf is up with charging $20 for Splinter Cell?? That game older than Far Cry, and they're charging twice as much! Not to mention that Far Cry has aged MUCH better than Splinter Cell. . .

Steam needs to have a serious discussion with the publishers of these games about pricing.

Sweet, that's where I'll be getting AC.

Steam needs to have a serious discussion with the publishers of these games about pricing.

Yeah, the special deal weekends are great, but the regular prices do seem to stay quite high for quite a long time.

You know, as awesome as this news is...I can't help but notice the posting date.

Has anyone actually tried to BUY one of these? Does it go through?

Trust me, it's real.

I'm pretty sure Valve wouldn't do this on their own because Ubi would be pissed, and I'm sure Ubisoft and Valve didn't get together to piss off their entire fanbase.

And yea, the pricing is insane... I think that is the publisher's doing, and not Steam's, on older games. No way Splinter Cell should be twice as much as Far Cry... hell, both games should have debuted at $5, imo, as they are both pretty old.

Damn, $20 bucks for Splinter Cell? That cant be right. Perhaps the person who typed in the pricing was reading off a printout given to them from the bossman and the price was $2 dollars but the person keying it in thought THAT was a mistake so changed it to $20 thinking they would impress the boss for catching an $18 typo but then gets fired cause it wasnt a typo and now the bossman is pissed cause alot of people have been complaining now that Steam is ripping them off for charging too much for an old game.

:)

Seriously though, I got Splinter Cell for FREE when I bought a GeForce 5200fx about 4 years or so ago.

Perhaps its $20 bucks for the whole series and they "forgot" to mention that part??? heh.

that's exactly what I was thinking--I may finally get the last 2 expansions.

I'm kinda hoping they DO have the 2 latest expansions. If it's not IL2 updated to '1946' with 4.09, it's kinda worthless to play online.

COULD just be like the 'Pacific Fighters' pack that was out forever - just one small part of the total package. Who knows?

Wow, I got Splinter Cell for Xbox for $20 back in 2004... still the same price?

Shacknews said that all ubi games get a pricedrop on April 8th (except for AC i presume). I really hope the get Vegas 2, as I intend to pick that up as well.

Looking forward to R6, SC, and GR packs galore!

Now, if we can just get all of the Old Interplay games on Steam..

Oh god yes please...

In fact this would be a great place to sell really old game packs, I vote they do a bullfrog pack, dungeon keeper, theme park, theme hospital, OMFG that would be cool, I'd buy that in a second.

And Monkey island...and um...

This is awesome new for PC gamers. But yes, the pricing of outdated titles is still asinine. It's almost like they know how easy and tempting it is to buy games on Steam.... :(

I dont have access to steam right now.. but if Ubi put Beyond Good an Evil on there, that is a GREAT title.

Oh god yes please...

In fact this would be a great place to sell really old game packs, I vote they do a bullfrog pack, dungeon keeper, theme park, theme hospital, OMFG that would be cool, I'd buy that in a second.

And Monkey island...and um...

Yes, they need to have a LucasArts section with all the old SCUMM games... Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle!, etc.

$19 for Splinter Cell 1? this can be found at the Best buy value bin for $9

Shacknews said that all ubi games get a pricedrop on April 8th (except for AC i presume). I really hope the get Vegas 2, as I intend to pick that up as well.

Looking forward to R6, SC, and GR packs galore!

Nah, I saw that on the shack, it said the games are selling at a discount *until* April 8th, at which point they will go back to full price.

I agree with everyone else, there is no reason for a $20 Splinter Cell.

well a majority of the games on steam are way overpriced, but 2-3 times a year they have a sale on most of titles which makes it a good deal to buy then, unless they put up a whole collection, which is sometimes a steal, since you can buy most of those games for dirt cheap, but the shipping of ten titles or more might equal the price of the deal they have. I think its also good for those games as it brings new life into them, and allows some people to play games they never could. What i am worried is with the old games, will all of them run on newer systems correctly. I want to play Rune again, but it seems like your playing on speed, not been able to figure out how to slow the game down. Might have to fix my old athlonxp to get it to play right.

Back