Ubisoft Announces Year One Content for Tom Clancy's The Division 2

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Ubisoft has detailed the first year of free content and in-game monetization that is being developed for Tom Clancy's The Division 2. There will be 3 Episodes released in the first year that expand the story of the game. Also, three brand new specializations will be unlocked with a unique weapon and skill tree to master. Year 1 Pass owners will have early access to Episode narrative content, earn exclusive cosmetic items, and will unlock new specializations as soon as they are released. Players that don't purchase the Year 1 Pass will have to play the game to unlock specializations. Year 1 Pass owners will have exclusive access to 8 Classified Assignments that reward cosmetic items.

Shortly after launch we will be adding the first purchasable Apparel Caches. These Caches will contain cosmetics only: no weapons, crafting materials or other gear. Acquiring a Cache will never provide any type of advantage. Our intention is for players to organically earn new pieces of Apparel as they enjoy the many different activities of The Division 2; getting cosmetics from gameplay should be fun, exciting and rewarding. For those who wish to speed up this process, or acquire specific Apparel, there will be choices to directly purchase individual cosmetics in the Apparel Store, or via Event Caches post launch.

Year 1 pass and Monetization details?

S8rVo3b.gif

Gonna have a free code for this thanks to a GPU purchase.

I think I'll sell/trade it on. I enjoyed TD1, when I played it loooong after launch. I quite enjoyed my ~40 hours with it. But everything I know tells me what I played was drastically different from when it launched. It seems with the whole push towards "games as a service" is making me not give a fuck when these games launch, with the conceit that I will be keeping an eye on them for when I can get everything, and get it cheaper.

I'm thinking The Division 2 is not going to sell like gangbusters, but it's going to do a damn sight better than Anthem. Now, if it doesn't, I'm going to assume it's simply a sign of the times and nobody, and I mean nobody, is in the mood to shell out $60 for anything "Sight Unseen" now......

I'm thinking The Division 2 is not going to sell like gangbusters, but it's going to do a damn sight better than Anthem. Now, if it doesn't, I'm going to assume it's simply a sign of the times and nobody, and I mean nobody, is in the mood to shell out $60 for anything "Sight Unseen" now......

we need to go back to having demos. Not beta, early access, bullshit.

Meh. I'm not seeing anything about a survival mode. Not many reasons to buy the season/year1 whatever they're calling it pass yet.

I'm thinking it's going to sell many copies. Didn't the first game break records for most sales of an original IP? Yet there were tons of problems with the game at launch. Fast forward to patch 1.8, almost universal praise for how the game turned out. 2 years of lessons learned with a dev team who genuinely seem concerned and focused on their community. I think Division 2 is looking pretty good from here.

learned my lesson not selling the copy that came with a new vid card last time when they had to give it away for free. Ended up being an expensive bug demo. Is the market really seething for another division? Is it possible to make a game somewhere unique?

Bioware really came up short with the Anthem launch. Destiny 2 is in a content glut the size of a chasm right now, and they won't have another raid type release for months. Almost everyone I know that tried Anthem has already given up on it and passed the word along. The game looked enough like an improved take on mass effect that should have lit the fire of many a gamer. Fallout is failing to cling on to its user base, and I don't see many people taking a day off work to game out on another modern war sim like the Division. HARD PASS

Last edited:
learned my lesson not selling the copy that came with a new vid card last time when they had to give it away for free. Ended up being an expensive bug demo. Is the market really seething for another division? Is it possible to make a game somewhere unique?

Bioware really came up short with the Anthem launch. Destiny 2 is in a content glut the size of a chasm right now, and they won't have another raid type release for months. Almost everyone I know that tried Anthem has already given up on it and passed the word along. The game looked enough like an improved take on mass effect that should have lit the fire of many a gamer. Fallout is failing to cling on to its user base, and I don't see many people taking a day off work to game out on another modern war sim like the Division. HARD PASS
How do you know Fallout 76 is losing its user base? Some youtube yahoo perhaps.

I'm thinking it's going to sell many copies. Didn't the first game break records for most sales of an original IP? Yet there were tons of problems with the game at launch. Fast forward to patch 1.8, almost universal praise for how the game turned out. 2 years of lessons learned with a dev team who genuinely seem concerned and focused on their community. I think Division 2 is looking pretty good from here.

Only record I remember was it losing 95% of its player base in the first 3 months. I do think The Division 2 will have many improvements over the original, but after getting burnt on the original I'll be waiting a bit (6 months or so) to see how the final product pans out.

These games are lacking single player content that isn't enough to drive multiplayer. It's a reoccurring theme you see in the game industry today, in that they put in the most basic of content and hope a random loot generator will be enough to get the players addicted. I don't like random loot with random stats, even in Borderlands 2. Just the same weapon with a different skin and different stats. Studios who make these games need developers to sit down and make actual content with actual loot and actual story. Even World of Warcraft today has moved onto random loot with a lack of content.

This is the problem with Micro-Transactions and DLC cause it incentivize s developers to make random loot and to put in a lack of content. Random loot keeps you addicted and doesn't require much development time from the devs, and supports the Micro-Transaction store. The lack of content can be later added for the low price of a Year One Pass or buy the individual DLC. These studios plan ahead with DLC and Micro-transactions but they also assume the game is good. They need to worry about these games being good first, then they can add the DLC. No Micro-transactions unless the game is free, that's a rule.

How do you know Fallout 76 is losing its user base? Some youtube yahoo perhaps.
Did that game have a user base to begin with? I imagine only the friends and family's of the devs are playing that game to be nice to them.

I don't see many people taking a day off work to game out on another modern war sim like the Division. HARD PASS

No you won't see folks doing that as they did for Anthem, I was one of those folks who did. Instead we will be seeing people ONLINE and IN THE GAME playing for weeks and months to come. NOt like the flash in the pan anthem which should've been a $30 game to begin with as there is very little interesting things to do at the moment. In 3 months anthem may be in a better state, at the same time the Division2 is pushing out content on pace and have shown the community what's in store, Anthem has...different dailies?

The best part is that once I finish with Div2 I can go back to checking on Anthem and then vice versa. IT's not like I can't play 2 games at once..or maybe 3! UNPOSSIBLE I KNOW!

These games are lacking single player content that isn't enough to drive multiplayer. It's a reoccurring theme you see in the game industry today, in that they put in the most basic of content and hope a random loot generator will be enough to get the players addicted. I don't like random loot with random stats, even in Borderlands 2. Just the same weapon with a different skin and different stats. Studios who make these games need developers to sit down and make actual content with actual loot and actual story. Even World of Warcraft today has moved onto random loot with a lack of content.

This is the problem with Micro-Transactions and DLC cause it incentivize s developers to make random loot and to put in a lack of content. Random loot keeps you addicted and doesn't require much development time from the devs, and supports the Micro-Transaction store. The lack of content can be later added for the low price of a Year One Pass or buy the individual DLC. These studios plan ahead with DLC and Micro-transactions but they also assume the game is good. They need to worry about these games being good first, then they can add the DLC. No Micro-transactions unless the game is free, that's a rule.

Did that game have a user base to begin with? I imagine only the friends and family's of the devs are playing that game to be nice to them.
Yup your imagination and asshole youtubers agree. Who would have thunk it?

I'm actually really surprised how little monetization there is in Destiny 2. The things you can buy are extremely limited, and don't do much. They could reskin every gun in the game, relatively inexpensively, and people would be happy to buy their favorites. If anything they're not doing enough, however, for 40 bucks, the season pass has already given me hundreds of hours in black armory, with another drop next week and the new raid coming in a few months. Without these additions I would have stopped playing back in December. Bungie seems to really be doing a decent job this year.

They haven't updated shit. They've been "fixing" bugs and I use that loosely and completely nerfing the loot.

An odd thing to type on a day where we get a stability patch and later an update to the loot system.

Back