Ubiquiti Dream Machine Pro

Liver

Supreme [H]ardness
I’m not 100% sure what happened, but this is what I think happened.

I have Starlink hooked up to WAN 1 and my LTE (via hotspot modem) to WAN 2. WAN 2 is the fail over.

When it rained 3 inches in 90 minutes here, my Starlink was a bit spotty. So the UDM failed over to the LTE (as it should). Once Starlink was back, it remained on LTE.

Is that normal? Do I have a setting I need to double check to make sure it reverts back to Primary? I looked via the app, and I got nothing.

Thanks

Usually multi-wan and failover in multi-wan routers have settings for what is considered a failover. I'm not familiar with that platform and where the settings are if they're in the gui, but there should be some sort of settings for it.

I've heard of UDMPs getting stuck on the failover, but we've never had a secondary WAN ourselves to test it. I'm interested to hear if you find anything, good luck.

Have you tried the unifi community forums?

I would look into how it determines failover and fail back

I do not even know how to find that information.

So it happened again. This time, I physically disconnected the ethernet cable to the LTE modem and then it immediately switched over to StarLink. What that means to me is that StarLink was completely back and the UDM did not switch over automatically.

It should be automatic.
The UDMP uses a simple ping target to know what is online.

Back