Ubi 30 - Free PC Game Each Month in 2016

carnageX

Gawd
Ubisoft is giving away a PC game every month for the rest of the year. Before you ask: yes it requires uPlay and joining their Club (which is also free), and no you don't get a Steam code.

Ubisoft Club

Currently free:
Assassin's Creed 3

Previous:
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Splinter Cell
Rayman Origins
The Crew
Beyond Good & Evil
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

Last edited:
Ehhh, why not. Thanks op. PoP is not really my type of game, but you never know, it might help me kill some time at some point. :D

If you have a Uplay account you're already in 'the club' anyway.

I bit. Thx for the heads up.

The next free game is the original Splinter Cell and it will be available in 4 days.

Splinter Cell just went live.

That was weird, it still said Prince of Persia but underneath it said "Check back in August..." so I hit refresh and there it was.

Never had a problem with UPlay.
Not saying others haven't, just that I never have,

Will this run on Windows 10? It lists up to Windows 7 and has (only) in parenthesis. Would like to get it (Rayman Origins).

Will this run on Windows 10? It lists up to Windows 7 and has (only) in parenthesis. Would like to get it (Rayman Origins).

it's always easy to check the Compatibility mode mark if it doesn't run under windows 10. personally i haven't found a single game even from 16 years ago that doesn't run under windows 10 or have issues running it that can't be solved with compatibility mode.

I played through POP and beat it again. Fun stuff. Skipped Splinter cell because it isn't my type of game. Grabbed Rayman though I don't know much about it.

The Crew has been announced as the next free game. Won't be up until mid September.

Feels a lot like Burnout Paradise, except it has way more CPU hunger, and a way bigger map.

Tried it out on my HTPC last night, CPU-limited to 40-50fps on my Core i3. Not good if I can't pull a consistent 60fps on this game when I already have to fight the input lag of the TV.

Guess I'll try it out o my main i5 gaming PC tonight.

I played many hours of Burnout Paradise, so I may get hooked on this one :D

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon is available.

Definitely recommend playing it - super funny.

Awesome!!! I was thinking about getting that game, recently. I'd prefer to have it in Steam, but I'll happily accept it, regardless.

It's a uplay game, will require uplay regardless so its actually better to get it thru uplay. That way you won't be forced to run both steam and uplay. And sometimes crap happens and it renders your game useless like with this one instance. I have child of light for my daughter thru steam, but its not run inside steam, it kicks out to uplay, but something is broke and steam doesn't start the game, and you can't run it straight thru uplay because it was bought thru steam lol. When this occured, I had a very sad 9yr old, so I said f it and cracked that dumb game but stuff like this shouldn't happen.

Older Ubisoft games on Steam don't have Uplay attached, looks like including Beyond Good & Evil:

But any Uplay game bought through Steam should launch from Uplay without issue, and without Steam running. That's how it is for all of my Steam-bought Uplay games, so far. Connecting a Uplay account to launch the game adds the Ubisoft game to the Uplay account, and the game can then be launched directly from Uplay, independently of Steam.

I just tested it, ie. installed it. Child of Light will not run without starting Uplay in the process. It will also not run from Uplay w/o starting steam in the process.

Why would I be joking? When a game is added to Uplay, you then have it in your Uplay account, and can install and launch it from Uplay. I can do this with my Uplay games that I got through Steam.

If you're having an issue where a Uplay game launches Steam, it might be because you installed it through Steam, and Steam left from DRM in the game's files that cause Steam to launch when the exe is launched, which happens with Steam CEG games. If you uninstall the game and install it from Uplay, any Steam DRM won't be installed along with it, and there should be nothing to cause Steam to launch when you run the game through Uplay.
What the heck are you talking about? If the game was purchased through Steam then it will launch Steam when you try to play or even when you install the game.

EDIT: Yep I have Splinter Cell Conviction on Steam and it is not installed and when I click on install for the game in Uplay in launches Steam to install it and will be installed as a Steam game in the Steam folder.

I used to worry about games going on sale before I finished playing them. Now with a huge backlog I worry if they might be free before I even start playing...

Man, this whole event, I didn't even a single game... Already owned all the Ubi crap.

Ubisoft is so shitty you can't even login on the site.
Couldn't be that they're basically getting DDoS'd by a bunch of people trying to get a free game, could it? Nah...couldn't be - must be because Ubi sucks. ;)

Back