Uber Welcomes All Bug Bounty Hunters

HardOCP News

[H] News
Want to make $10,000? Do you have the skill set to take on this challenge? If you answered "yes" to those questions, Uber is looking for you. (No driving required).

Last year we launched a private, beta bug bounty program for over 200 security researchers. They found nearly 100 bugs — all of which have been fixed, helping to improve security at Uber. So today we’re excited to announce our official bug bounty program. Payouts will go up to $10,000 for critical issues. We’ve also created a first of its kind loyalty reward program that is designed to encourage members of the security community to dig deep, helping Uber to deal with even the most subtle bugs.

I sure hope they patch the bug that causes the app to possess their drivers and cause them to go on a shooting rampage.

Yea, it's the American mental healthcare system bug; it's old, out-dated, neglected, yet it's one of the most fundamental services for the well-being of its own citizens in order for a country to thrive . But I digress... enough real life, I like what Uber is doing, very pro-active.

Back