Uber: No, We’re Not Going To Sell User Information

HardOCP News

[H] News
Uber wants you to know that, even though its terms of service agreement sounds like the company can sell your information to third parties, that is not the company's intention and they have no immediate plans to sell your data.

"In the “User Provided Content” section of the Uber terms of service, it states that “by providing User Content to Uber, you grant Uber a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, royalty-free license, with the right to sublicense, to use, copy, modify, create derivative works of, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, and otherwise exploit in any manner such User Content in all formats and distribution channels now known or hereafter devised (including in connection with the Services and Uber’s business and on third-party sites and services), without further notice to or consent from you, and without the requirement of payment to you or any other person or entity.”"

Corporations have no morals. They cannot be trusted and that is why we need a powerful central government to (in theory) keep them in check. As of now they own our government and it is about to get much worse.

No "Immediate plans".

They're probably just currently bidding it out at this time and will sell it to the highest bidder.

This is what Radio Shack claimed right up to the point they filed for bankruptcy and then claimed bankruptcy proceedings freed them from any prior agreements baring release of customer information.

Never used the service but I assume they collect quite bit of data, no? Why do you put up with this shit?

The way they have treated the employee's and how the company runs all together. I wouldn't be surprised if they have been selling customer info up till now. They are pretty shady. Not that I'm saying a regular taxi company wouldn't sell info either.

Why would anyone believe them? They have every reason to lie. Nobody is going to catch them or call them out on it, and if they do get caught they will blame it on a small number of employees.

Back