Uber Geek Lab and Network Gaming Center

wow, just wow. you honestly are living my dream life. thats probably the craziest setup ive ever seen. was that gaming center in your home, or did u rent out a building?

Realy nice setup :)

That's just the job i'm dreaming of...
Im working on my own lab now, and maybe one day *dream* :D

Forgot something..... Damn nice M3... I should get a Audi S3 soon :p

see, this is why I regret slacking off getting my CCNA three years ago. Now I just got my small CCNA lab. I'm shitloads behind :(

Nice setup, I'm sure you have all the proper licenses for those CCM boxes, yes? A single CCM license runs about $16K.

if you dont mind me asking how much do you make and how muhc schooling have you gone through, obviously shit tons of cisco classes but other then that. i am looking to enter feild after collage and am curious.

if the house your m3 is pakred in front of is yours so gone become a network consultent person thing

Nice setup!!

One of these days when i have the time, i'll get my CCNA and CCDA.

All that setup and the guy uses white drives in black cases. Man.....

Nice setup.

Kinda cute reading all the posts about people thinking some certs are going to make you have a life like that.. Its all about skills, and how you apply yourself!

xtox said:
Nice setup.

Kinda cute reading all the posts about people thinking some certs are going to make you have a life like that.. Its all about skills, and how you apply yourself!

i understand where youre coming from, but generally certs=skills (at least that's cert companys vision). if someone is that high in the cisco food chain, then you assume they have a certain level of skill.

also skills!=money. outside of being a networking wiz, he has business sense. he started a gaming company/isp, got a major contract with an mlb team, and started his own consulting firm.

Heck, I'm not dissing certs. I'm saying its funny that people think getting a CCNA will land them a major job etc.

I am on a 2 year networking course, and doing my CCNA and other certs. But I sure know that CCNA isnt going to get me far alone and land me a great job all of a sudden.

xtox said:
Heck, I'm not dissing certs. I'm saying its funny that people think getting a CCNA will land them a major job etc.

I am on a 2 year networking course, and doing my CCNA and other certs. But I sure know that CCNA isnt going to get me far alone and land me a great job all of a sudden.

ok i see what u mean. ya, a ccna will not get you anywhere near the level this guy is at. its a good start tho

I never said that a CCNA would get you there. But if I had my CCNA three years ago, I would have probably had a CCNP by now and probably a CCIE sometime later.

Man, you've really earned your spoils. I admire your talent. Personally, I'm not such a bookworm, and I can't stand my high school Java class. I'm starting off helping a friend start a VoIP business as well, and I hope to end up with your skill someday. Where did you go to school?

Certs are just like a degree, they get your foot in the door and get you a second look.

Experience is what matters and LOTS of it. Experience with a few certs and a degree WILL get you a good paying job.

Well, thats the thing for me also, I am not a book worm. I use multiple combinations of learning to achieve the desired results. As for where I went to school, its a long story but most of my years, it was home school. I have zero college degrees.

The reason behind this first intial post was to show other techies like myself is when you want to achieve something just stick too it. And one day it will be yours. When I was younger I wish there was alot more people telling me the right direction to go. But there wasnt, I just got out into the field and kept working, studying, learning, practicing, etc.

But it was the desire to focus on something I truly loved since I started on computers back in the commodore 64 days, learned alot of networking from DOOM, who would have ever thought. I loved playing street fighter II, I actually own the arcade game in my garage.

If I were to give advice on anything in this technology field. Is help everyone that it is in need, always go the extra mile to chip in. Never be like that is below me even if you have done it a thousand times. Always help your fellow team members its amazing how much other people know out there if you give them the chance to share there experiences.

Thanks for checking out my site. :)

Back