U3011 25% off: $1124.25 + Free Shipping

Title says it all. I know it's the same deal as a month ago, but 25% is much better than current prices. Found this at TechBargains.

Dell Small Business

Coupon Code: $5HNJCKS5KR?VC

EDIT: There's a new code. JIC you don't want to read through the thread for it.

Current Coupon Code: PJK$HL8JBWVHD7
Dell business is running the deal through 05/18/2011.

Last edited:
Beautiful panels to be sure but I'll pass. Their prices are ridiculous.

If your into CAD then great, go for it, but if you're a gamer like 95% here then a good 32-37" 1080p panel is just fine or better for less than 3rd of the cost.

If your into CAD then great, go for it, but if you're a gamer like 95% here then a good 32-37" 1080p panel is just fine or better for less than 3rd of the cost.

You're obviously not the target market for these displays. They have significantly more real estate than a 1080P one and they do make great gaming displays as well.

OP, thanks for the post regarding the deal.

Waiting for these to go back to $1050 like they were about a month ago, or find a refurb deal for $899. Need to replace my 3007 panel.

You also lose almost half the pixels by going 1080p :)

Having gotten the 3008WFP project working, I will never go back to UXGA or 1080p. WQXGA is the only way I can get the pixel count I need on one display. If that's not enough, I'll sidecar a UXGA 20" panel in portrait mode.

when are the prices coming down on these damn things? :( three 24" 3D monitors cost less than a single one of these.

Comes to 1135$ shipped if you get it from Ebay after 10% off Coupon.

or 1124 + tax from Dell Business.

Having gotten the 3008WFP project working, I will never go back to UXGA or 1080p. WQXGA is the only way I can get the pixel count I need on one display. If that's not enough, I'll sidecar a UXGA 20" panel in portrait mode.

I agree, I'd love to upgrade to WQXGA but...

until they make them in 46" or bigger panels, I can never go back to such a puny screen. Sucks the immersion factor right out of the game. Not to mention, leaves alot to be desired when watching movies.

hey I use CAD but unfortunately I can not afford this yet. Otherwise wouldnt mind to be in for 3 would be awesome if 3D also.

I agree, I'd love to upgrade to WQXGA but...

until they make them in 46" or bigger panels, I can never go back to such a puny screen. Sucks the immersion factor right out of the game. Not to mention, leaves alot to be desired when watching movies.

For me 46" is too large for a monitor if you're using it at a normal computer display distance. Display size isn't everything....display size + resolution + viewing distance are what really count. Also, 1080p leaves a lot to be desired for for anything other than viewing movies or gaming. :p

gawd i'd want three of these... $500 apiece id get 3, but for 800+ i cant justify one. i know, im weird that way.

I got one of these during the last 25% off sale and it is amazing. I upgraded from a 22" Dell @ 1650x1080 and it makes a world of a difference in gaming and watching movies. I get tons of real estate to play FPS games, but at the same time its a single screen so I can play games like WoW and not have to worry about wasting the extra monitors the game doesn't support.

I am so glad I went with the 30" and its 16x10 ratio. I will never use a 16x9 monitor. Evar.

I'm hoping for a good deal in August so my wife can get me one for my birthday!

I can't even imagine how terrible gaming on that would be. 37'' is WAY too big for PC gaming at normal distance. And then to blow such a low resolution out over such a large display would look awful. The 30 inch 2560 monitors are the sweet spot for PC gaming because they offer imposing (but not too large) size and amazing detail.

Sometimes I also swap over to my 50 inch Pioneer Elite plasma, but that's for viewing games at couch distance. And it has the added draw of offering picture quality several orders of magnitude better than any LCD can provide, which compensates for the lost resolution. PC gaming on a large, low rez LCD display seems like it offers the worst of both worlds.

don't knock it till you try it. With fast moving images (as with most first person shooters) 1080p is plenty! Add to that, the resolution allows for alot more eye candy to be turn on without hindering frame rate.

And once you get used to a large screen, you end up wanting even bigger! I remember the first time I played Crysis on my 37" IPS 1080p panny. The beginning scene where you jump out of the plane and sky dive down to the beach, my avatar's hands out in front of me in my fov, were like little baby hands... not even to scale with my real hands. That's when I knew I need to go bigger for even more immersion. One time I was inbetween HDTVs and rented a 27" to hold me off, I was so turned off, I didn't even feel like playing. Would rather just web browse.

Since then, I've been using 46-47" the past two generations of HDTVs as my display. But everyday I struggle to stop my self from upgrading to a 55" (i know it's a waste of money - nothing wrong with my current display). Once you go big, you don't go back (that what she said?). Maybe go super big with three 55 inchers with eye infinity. Be like a tanning bed every time I have a gaming session, lol.

I wish I had the money for this right now. That is a really good deal.

Nothing compares to gaming at 2560x1600. I'm sorely tempted to grab one of these U3011 beauties. My 3008 is getting a bit long in the tooth. Not sure I wanna drop all that coin ($1200 w/taxes) on a big purchase, though.

don't knock it till you try it. With fast moving images (as with most first person shooters) 1080p is plenty! Add to that, the resolution allows for alot more eye candy to be turn on without hindering frame rate.

And once you get used to a large screen, you end up wanting even bigger! I remember the first time I played Crysis on my 37" IPS 1080p panny. The beginning scene where you jump out of the plane and sky dive down to the beach, my avatar's hands out in front of me in my fov, were like little baby hands... not even to scale with my real hands. That's when I knew I need to go bigger for even more immersion. One time I was inbetween HDTVs and rented a 27" to hold me off, I was so turned off, I didn't even feel like playing. Would rather just web browse.

Since then, I've been using 46-47" the past two generations of HDTVs as my display. But everyday I struggle to stop my self from upgrading to a 55" (i know it's a waste of money - nothing wrong with my current display). Once you go big, you don't go back (that what she said?). Maybe go super big with three 55 inchers with eye infinity. Be like a tanning bed every time I have a gaming session, lol.

How far away are you sitting from the screen?

I picked up one of these when the last 25% off deal was going on. Had a 22" hp before. 30" screen, with 1600 horizontal lines of resolution. Its the best upgrade to my PC experience in over a decade. By a wide margin.

I haven't measured but I'm guessing my head is about 5 feet away with my current seating arrangement. I know to a lot of ppl they say that's too close to a screen that big but I love getting sucked in. Ideally I'd want a display big enough to where I can no longer see the monitors frame in my peripheral vision.

I'm a big fan of imax theaters too. So I guess its just me. ;)

I picked up one of these when the last 25% off deal was going on. Had a 22" hp before. 30" screen, with 1600 horizontal lines of resolution. Its the best upgrade to my PC experience in over a decade. By a wide margin.

I said it on the last deal and I will say it on this one, I don't know if I want to keep buying the latest and greatest gpu to push that many pixels while gaming. BUT I would love the crisp day to day interface of it. Grrr...

Don't know man, might have to disagree with you on this one. I have a 61" Samsung HL61A750 plugged in to one of my PC's at 1920x1080. I also have this U3011 monitor. My preference is the monitor. I like the higher resolution, and the super sharp images. They both have great color, but it's TV for TV and the monitor for gaming. The U3011 is turning out to be one of my best purchases. I would like it to last until OLED is here (and affordable).

I said it on the last deal and I will say it on this one, I don't know if I want to keep buying the latest and greatest gpu to push that many pixels while gaming. BUT I would love the crisp day to day interface of it. Grrr...
Right now I have a pair of SLI'd 1GB GTX 460's. They seem to handle the WQXGA resolution pretty well for my needs.

The desktop space is killer.

Don't know man, might have to disagree with you on this one. I have a 61" Samsung HL61A750 plugged in to one of my PC's at 1920x1080. I also have this U3011 monitor. My preference is the monitor. I like the higher resolution, and the super sharp images. They both have great color, but it's TV for TV and the monitor for gaming. The U3011 is turning out to be one of my best purchases. I would like it to last until OLED is here (and affordable).

this is why we need a 55" or bigger WQUXGA paper thin OLED display already.

A screw it, go ahead and just put the matrix jack in to my head for a real "retina" display. :D

Great monitor but the custom color mode is screwed in the A01 revision.
If you do not mind about the CC mode than its surely is a great price.

I don't understand this.

Just set the game resolution lower than the screen size. Unless you're reading acres of text on your game, it should be fine.

Since I just have a 5770, I play at 1680x1050 all the time on my 1920x1200 monitor to keep the frames up. *shrug*

BB

Ive had a 30" at 2560x1600 and sold it and was able to upgrade an entire computer for the money.
Sure, it was great, the DPI on these panels is just beautiful..but as a gamer first and foremost 30" isn't enough for my needs, a good 32-37" IPS 1080p is better and doesn't cost $1100 dollars, if you have the cash then by all means buy 3! But for us non-elite scrubs 1920x1080p is more than enough.

I agree, 40 and up is a bit big for a typical PC setup.
Also, lets be honest you'd better be running SLI or more to get the eye candy up and keep that 60fps in 1600.

When they start churning out these at 37" I'll be there with my 2nd mortgage in hand to get one.:p

Ive had a 30" at 2560x1600 and sold it and was able to upgrade an entire computer for the money.
Sure, it was great, the DPI on these panels is just beautiful..but as a gamer first and foremost 30" isn't enough for my needs.

I don't think 30" 2560x1600 are geared towards gaming. I use mine for photo-editing and the color accuracy. For gaming I actually turn down the resolution and play in a windowed mode.

I don't think 30" 2560x1600 are geared towards gaming if you don't have a good graphics card. I use mine for photo-editing and the color accuracy. For gaming I actually turn down the resolution and play in a windowed mode.

Fixed for you.

I've been looking at picking one up for the longest time, I gave up resisting and bit. Hopefully it won't have the custom color bug, as I plan on calibrating it.

Curious, will one 5850 be enough to game on one U3011? If so what would be my estimated FPS in a game like BC2?

I have a U3011 at work and a U2711 at home and frankly I prefer the U2711. Finer dot pitch, almost as many dots, and I can sit a bit closer to it and not have it occupy nearly as much of my field of vision.

Sigh... DO WANT. But I already own a U2711... I'll wait till these bad boys go down a bit more and are around the $1000 mark in CAD.

I do CAD so I like the real estate.

Sorry if you feel I posted here in error "Almighty".. I resurrected this thread since I have a question in regards to using my current video card on this monitor as the deal is valid again and I am interested in buying one. Also when searching U3011 it was the most recent thread with this monitor at this price with the deal and I wanted to see what other peoples opinions on it were.

As for the deal being valid again.. here is that info:

Dell business is running the same deal through 05/18/2011.
Promo code: PJK$HL8JBWVHD7

Credit on deal to be given to huzaifas over on SD's website though as that is where I got a deal alert earlier this afternoon via email.

why must people resurrect dead threads. There are hardware/display subforums for a reason.

Curious, will one 5850 be enough to game on one U3011? If so what would be my estimated FPS in a game like BC2?

No it won't. Not by a long shot. I have this and bought another 6950 unlockable just last weekend. Two 6950's locked or unlocked will do it. So maybe you can use that as a gauge for the solution you want. For NV, I'm guessing that adds up to 2 570's or one 580.

Yes it will, maybe not on all high settings but I had 5850 + another 30" screen with the same resolution for almost a year and I was very satisfied with the performance of 5850.

Back