U2410 vs 2408wfp - Mini review

rosh

Limp Gawd
Well, there are inquires about this here in Hforum. So i thought of writing a mini review (basically comparison). I was using 2408wfp and move to U2410.

Design
-----------

Basically both of them have a pretty good design and solid construction. The main difference is the sand. The V shaped stand of 2408 looks great to me over the new brick shaped u2410 stand. However there is no lock on the newer stand what was in 2410 stand.

Apart from that two silver lines on the bezel of 2408 looks great than U2410.

Performance.
---------------------

Well, im not a professional graphic designer. What i write here is what i feel about these monitors.

Colors: The first thing i should mention is the sRGB setting on U2410. That works great and colors are much natural than 2408. No over saturation. Whites are much whiter than 2408 and blacks are good as 2408.

Viewing angles: I always had a problem with 2408. Which is you see a dark circular area where you looking at. Specially if you have dark colors on the screens. Kinda a color shifting. (thats one of the reason i went for U2410). Its not bad as TN. but still its there. Its common for S-PVA panels. IPS (u2410) doesnt show something like that, colors are pretty solid.

The bad thing this u2410 guy has is the white glow. Even if you are directly looking at the screen (with no angle) you see a white glow, which is noticeable in dark screens. Its not a big deal though. 2408 didnt show that kind a problem. But it has light red/pink tint. The tint is not native to the screen. It comes form the manufacturing process. Because i had tint on two 2408 screens and not on the third one.

Ok, IPS known to have the best viewing angle. But with that white glow, it ruins the image. Sometimes worst than SPVA (2408) at large angles. But its not a big issue though since, nobody wanna see their LCD at a crazy angle.

Backlight uniformity: The other reason i've return my there 2408 monitor was lack of backlight uniformity. Again this thing comes with the manufacturing process. Each unit had different dark/bright areas. However you always see right side of the screen along with the bezel little darker than other areas. Its a problem really, when you working in a excel or word, something with bright background. You really notice it.

U2410 backlighing is much better than that. Much uniformer. But still its not 100%. you can see the inhomogeneity to your naked eye. But negligible compare to 2408.

what else.

The key thing that i dont like my new u2410 is the grainy sparkle coating of the screen. That makes me nut. Its kind a you look the LCD through a dirty glass. each pixel has little variation of brightness levels due to that coating. That thing kills me. If it was not, this would have been the best monitor. I never notice that kind of grainy effect on my 2408 and it was crystal clear. However the sparkle effect doent bother you for text readings. Text are sharp and clear. May be if you get used it, it wont be a problem.

mm.. finally the power consumption.

This one (u2410) consumes, less power. I feel it. When i touch the bezel of my 2408 it was too warm. Also if you touch the screen its also warm. But this thing is not that warm.

I never tested the input lag and according to other reviews. U2410 is lot faster than 2408.

Hope this would help.

Prices i paid of these monitors (Note, these are not the current prices)

2408wft (A02) purchased for $370 + tax shipped after coupons and bing cashback
U2410 (A00) - $380 + tax shipped after coupons/discounts and bing cashback.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Great review.

Sorry if this is off topic, but how did the bing cashback thing work out for you? I've heard a lot of mixed things about it.

Well, 15% off with Bing today.

Just create a bing account. Search "dell" on bing and log in to Dell through bing.

Basically both of them have a pretty good design and solid construction. The main difference is the sand. The V shaped stand of 2408 looks great to me over the new brick shaped u2410 stand. However there is no lock on the newer stand what was in 2410 stand.

does the stand on 2408wfp have more height than the u2410? looking for for the v stand but only thing i come across are the 2007wfp stands.

are those the same stand as the 2408wfp models?

does the stand on 2408wfp have more height than the u2410? looking for for the v stand but only thing i come across are the 2007wfp stands.

are those the same stand as the 2408wfp models?

The 2007wfp is a smaller version of the same. Don't try and use it with the 2408wfp. It won't work.

Back