U.S. Universities Ranked by BitTorrent Usage

I knew my bulldogs were not going to be on there. IT/CS even had handouts at the front desk of the lab describing how to setup a vpn. Downloads? What downloads?

UCSD is better than Cal!

#18 baby!

UCSD's on-campus networking is pretty [H]ardcore. During peak usage hours I'll never drop below 160Mbps downstream and if it's empty (think 2AM last day of the term) I've pulled speed upwards of 900Mbps.

We also don't have any bandwidth caps, but they did figure out how to block every single usenet port SSL'd or not...

To be fair, my school (#14) has an open campus with a public wifi network in the middle of NYC. I'm actually shocked that it's not higher.

I'm kinda surprised that the big tech schools like VT, MIT, CalTech, Georgia Tech(who has the fastest college network speed I've ever seen) aren't listed, or they're really good at hiding their BT usage.

like i said for Georgia Tech, if you get caught twice within 6 months you loose your privileges, and than you've to go and talk them out of it. so it's not that easy so best is to just use other wifi options around the area which being in Atlanta there are plenty of open wifi you can get in.

UCSD's on-campus networking is pretty [H]ardcore. During peak usage hours I'll never drop below 160Mbps downstream and if it's empty (think 2AM last day of the term) I've pulled speed upwards of 900Mbps.

Mother of... was def not that good when I went there... but I'm not going to complain about what I got as it still beats anything I pay for.

Back