U.S. to allow small drones to fly over people at night

Just make a landing pad in your yard with a ladder that the dog cant climb but can circle to keep out pirates.

Also I thought the animals that pose a real threat to the drones were birds, not pets.

Nah, I make no mistake about it. My fence has a few signs on it that say "Guard dog on duty". No mistake of what it's there for.
"Because if you get a Pitbull for protection and if you put a sign Badass dog in here beware, well then you know that dog has dangerous propensity." I gotta start using the word propensity.
In all honesty I don't care if some porch pirate thief gets fucked up by my dog. I have a lot of insurance for that and other reasons. As far as I'm concerned I hope if someone hops my fence they get a lifetime lesson in the form of facial scars.
If some old woman chases after that delivery drone into your yard and gets mauled by your dog then you're screwed. Cause it isn't always some mid 20's man who's looking for a PS5. You can lose your house if that dog does serious damage, and would still be put down. Using a dog as a weapon will be a very expensive bad experience. You get cameras, you get taller fences, but not a big dog.

how are they planning to utilize these drones I mean, just one truck carries up to 150+ packages in a day. Imagine how many drones would be needed per day just in NYC alone. Terrific, more noise pollution :confused:
Exactly. There is no way I can this being allowed, at least not in the suburbs where shrieking kids is the only sound allowed. Drones are incredibly noisy and will stay that way until anti-gravity engines are invented.

Our town has engaged citizens and a council we hold accountable. I suspect we could get the neighborhood organized and pass an ordinance or something to keep them out of our space if it came down to it.

All fun and games until a airplane suck one into an engine.

Also these will become private surveillance aggregators. It'll log all cars on a street and in your driveway with a time stamp. Number of people and possible identity and activity outside. Delivering packages is their 'foot in the door' purpose.

Cool time to buy me a 12 guauge shot gun I don't want those noisy and noesy things any where near me.

Why spend hundreds of dollars on weapons and ammo when you can just string up a couple of dollars of near invisible fishing line and have it dangle around. All you need to do is foul up a propeller for it to crash.

Why spend hundreds of dollars on weapons and ammo when you can just string up a couple of dollars of near invisible fishing line and have it dangle around. All you need to do is foul up a propeller for it to crash.
Killing/strangling/maiming how many birds in the process.

Lot of e-pirate talk on shooting or destroying these drones when GPS and video feeds will just send the bill and police to your door. Can't wait for the folks who build signal jammers and get the FCC/FBI on your case.

Birds would harmlessly fly through it, they don't have rotating propellers. Point is to dangle the fishing line, not tie it in a spider web with hard anchors. The propeller will suck it in and wrap it around the hub, stalling it and causing the drone to crash.

Dozens of birds die a year around here from flying into the ground, fences, walls, trees and even other birds. I was out walking my dog in the wee hours of the morning a few weeks ago and two huge owls collided mid air right above me with a loud crack and plenty of squawking. They were halfway to the ground before they righted themselves and flew off. Both were flying in circles in opposite directions and were too preoccupied with me, the dog and all of the rabbits hopping around to see each other.

I find random kestrels and hawks every few months dead from broken necks, usually collided with the ground.

probably none or very few because while you're stringing it up the birds will be watching (they watch everything, very curious creature they are) and they remember where the string is. You will never, ever catch a bird in a snare if they see you setting it.

Back