U.S Spectraview II software Working on a Euro machine

n00b
Hi

i am looking for some firm confirmation on if anyone has got the U.S Spectraview II software working on the newly released 2490wuxi or 2690wuxi2 (Euro models)

I am considering these 2 models and preferably would like to try and get the U.S spectraview II software as i read that its much better than the Euro BasicColour-

I have a friend in the u.s so its not a problem for me to get the spectraview II software but no point if it wont work on the newly released 2490 or 2690wuxi2 models

would also like to hear from anybody who may have seen side by side comparisons of the spectraview II and Basiccolour software..

Many thanks

was hoping that someone could confirm that it works

especially the newly released 2490wuxi

so if you have the new euro model and have spectraivew II working please let us know

well that thread you posted in all in german language which i dont have a clue what they are writing -

i read that nec europe put a firmware inside the euro machines to stop the U.S spectraview II software working -

i take it you speak German ??
did the person on the thread need to do any in particular to get it working ??

thanks

i read that nec europe put a firmware inside the euro machines to stop the U.S spectraview II software working

That's plain wrong. They just stopped the "Spectraview Profiler" software from working with non-SpectraView models.

Regarding the calibration,
I bought a 2690wuxi non SV The iOne is well recognised by the spectraview profiler 4.1.2 that you can download on the european site but it won't let you calibrate the monitor LUT. The spectraview II (USA) that can be purchased on www.nm-select.com is supposed to work with the non SV version of the 2690 for hardware calibration, altough, being European-Belgian resident, I can't purchase the software online !!!. So i'm kind of stuck with a marvellous monitor but without hardware calibration so far.
But what I can say is that with a conventionnal soft calibration (spectraview profiler 4.1.2), 130cd/m², D65, 2.2 the print.

Belgian person who has the euro spectraview profiler but cant get the SV II ftom the U.S -
His model is also the non-euro spectraview model

which is opposite to what you wrote above..

That's plain wrong. They just stopped the "Spectraview Profiler" software from working with non-SpectraView models.

(inside USA) - NEC just replaced my 2490 SV monitor, and they sent me a plain 2490 box. They said it was the same as SV model, but no software/puck in the box. I did ask this question directly over the phone. I just finished recalibration.

Sounds like the other side of the pond is playing games, which is unfortunate for the price. Do they like shooting their feet? But I can't really tell which way it really is from the above information... I hope it isn't true for the Euro model!

Of course, the SV models are the same displays bundled with the "SpectraviewII" software and a colorimeter. In Europe you get "Spectraview Profiler" as software which is totally different from the US "SpectraviewII" software.

(inside USA) - NEC just replaced my 2490 SV monitor, and they sent me a plain 2490 box. They said it was the same as SV model, but no software/puck in the box. I did ask this question directly over the phone. I just finished recalibration.

Sounds like the other side of the pond is playing games, which is unfortunate for the price. Do they like shooting their feet? But I can't really tell which way it really is from the above information... I hope it isn't true for the Euro model!

In North America the Spectraview monitors are just the normal 90 series screens bundled with the Spectraview software and colorimeter. You can get the SV software separately if you want to upgrade at a later date.

In Europe the Spectraview monitors are not the same as the 90 series monitors. They have a firmware lockout to prevent hardware calibration with the Spectraview Profiler software that the Spectraview monitors ship with. Non SV monitors cannot be upgraded to SV monitors. The Spectraview monitors are sold with a hefty price premium.

I have an european 2690WUXI (version 1, and not SV). What software do I need to buy to calibrate the internal LUT tables? The american Nec profiler software, the european software, or doesnt it matter?

Back