U.S. Has Most Serial Killers in the World

I knew this was a joke coming from a Brit...
The only thing we kill is England at soccer... even though it was 1:1, or something...
I don't know because I don't care, soccer sucks.

Yes, I know it's physically strenuous, yada yada yada... USA doesn't care about soccer enough to statistically matter... not enough Mexican's here yet.

Few serial killers use firearms. The only famous ones I can think of off hand are The Beltway Snipers and David Berkowitz. (Son of Sam) Most of the true nutjobs like their work to be more... intimate...

Gun violence in the US has little to do with serial killers. The vast majority stems from drug trafficking and associated gang warfare.

The availability of guns in the US really depends on where you are. Oddly the most gun violence in the US happens in the states and cities that have the most laws limiting private citizens from acquiring firearms. It is tied strongly to poverty and a lack of education and opportunity.

Dont most people with guns in their houses end up shooting themselves during bulgaries or something? I'm sure thats what it was! Must be the stress.

Few serial killers use firearms. The only famous ones I can think of off hand are The Beltway Snipers and David Berkowitz. (Son of Sam) Most of the true nutjobs like their work to be more... intimate...

Gun violence in the US has little to do with serial killers. The vast majority stems from drug trafficking and associated gang warfare.

The availability of guns in the US really depends on where you are. Oddly the most gun violence in the US happens in the states and cities that have the most laws limiting private citizens from acquiring firearms. It is tied strongly to poverty and a lack of education and opportunity.

There was a study on Reuters that showed that the richer the country the more firearms the citizenry has.

There was a study on Reuters that showed that the richer the country the more firearms the citizenry has.

What's this you say? Things that cost money are more prevalent in wealthy countries? I bet you would also find that richer nations have more food, housing, cars, gold, diamonds, and pretty much everything else people want. Mainly because that's the definition of wealth...

Most of you guys seem to have a misperception of what serial killers are really like based on the cliches you see in TV and movies. The reality of serial killers are that they rarely use firearms.

So the topic of firearms in this thread is rather puzzling. Most serial killers choose to knife, strangle, suffocate, or more rarely poison their victims. They may also engage in mutilation or rape (if their victims are female). And even more, if they are wanting to get caught, they will leave clues or some kind of mark that lets the investigators know they are chasing the same person at each murder site.

Serial killers rarely use firearms, they prefer to be more personal with their victims. The moment that results in their victim's death and the buildup to it is what causes them to commit more than one murder. To them it's sometimes a form of release.

Most of you guys seem to have a misperception of what serial killers are really like based on the cliches you see in TV and movies. The reality of serial killers are that they rarely use firearms.

So the topic of firearms in this thread is rather puzzling. Most serial killers choose to knife, strangle, suffocate, or more rarely poison their victims. They may also engage in mutilation or rape (if their victims are female). And even more, if they are wanting to get caught, they will leave clues or some kind of mark that lets the investigators know they are chasing the same person at each murder site.

Serial killers rarely use firearms, they prefer to be more personal with their victims. The moment that results in their victim's death and the buildup to it is what causes them to commit more than one murder. To them it's sometimes a form of release.

Any idea on what causes America to produce more Psychotics than any other nation?

Everyone is a product of their environment and their upbringing, that's not universally true, but it generally is. You are the sum of your experiences, and serial killers are no different.

Ever wonder why women who have been raped tend to be whores and sluts?

by that last sentence, i mean AFTER being raped, even if they weren't before.

I don't mean every single one ends up like that of course.

Allow me to start off our session by including the Kubler-Ross model into our instruction for today

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kübler-Ross_model

weaker minds allow themselves to have the victim mentality that they never shake out of for their entire lives, while others overcome the situation and go on to live productive lives.

The ones that get raped who turn out like I said, into sluts and whores do that because they lose all sense of self worth.

I don't mean every single one ends up like that of course.

Allow me to start off our session by including the Kubler-Ross model into our instruction for today

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kübler-Ross_model

weaker minds allow themselves to have the victim mentality that they never shake out of for their entire lives, while others overcome the situation and go on to live productive lives.

The ones that get raped who turn out like I said, into sluts and whores do that because they lose all sense of self worth.

Awesome, has nothing to do with what you posted though.

Also, China is now the largest English speaking nation, due to population volume, but not listed here. The US population is growing but with many having Spanish as their primary language.

Also, China is now the largest English speaking nation, due to population volume, but not listed here. The US population is growing but with many having Spanish as their primary language.

That figure is grossly overstated. I teach English in China for a private institute (3 year olds - adults) and I can assure you MANY students and graduates of the school system can not carry on a simple conversation. In China you are forced to study English but there is no law that it has to be taught well and since it is forced, many resent it and never go beyond what is needed to pass the next exam. Calling them all English speakers because they memorized a bunch of words for a test or a job is a poor measuring stick.

What's this you say? Things that cost money are more prevalent in wealthy countries? I bet you would also find that richer nations have more food, housing, cars, gold, diamonds, and pretty much everything else people want. Mainly because that's the definition of wealth...

Its obvious I know, but the misconception is that guns are only purchased by the poor for use in criminal activities.

Japan is poor?

You can still purchase hunting weapons in Japan.

Heres the actual study I was talking about
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSL2834893820070828

U.S. citizens own 270 million of the world's 875 million known firearms, according to the Small Arms Survey 2007 by the Geneva-based Graduate Institute of International Studies....

"Firearms are very unevenly distributed around the world. The image we have of certain regions such as Africa or Latin America being awash with weapons -- these images are certainly misleading," Small Arms Survey director Keith Krause said.

"Weapons ownership may be correlated with rising levels of wealth, and that means we need to think about future demand in parts of the world where economic growth is giving people larger disposable income," he told a Geneva news conference.

That figure is grossly overstated. I teach English in China for a private institute (3 year olds - adults) and I can assure you MANY students and graduates of the school system can not carry on a simple conversation. In China you are forced to study English but there is no law that it has to be taught well and since it is forced, many resent it and never go beyond what is needed to pass the next exam. Calling them all English speakers because they memorized a bunch of words for a test or a job is a poor measuring stick.

People believe too much of what China says. The Soviets had similar tactics and we really overrepresented their health all the way up until their complete collapse.

Its obvious I know, but the misconception is that guns are only purchased by the poor for use in criminal activities.

You can still purchase hunting weapons in Japan.

Not without through a lot of hassle, paperwork and time. Even then you wouldn't be able to get high powered firearms or handguns. Heck you're not even allowed to so much as *hold* and empty gun without a license.

Compare that to the US where 10 year olds are taken to the desert and handed shotguns by their proud parents.

Not without through a lot of hassle, paperwork and time. Even then you wouldn't be able to get high powered firearms or handguns. Heck you're not even allowed to so much as *hold* and empty gun without a license.

Compare that to the US where 10 year olds are taken to the desert and handed shotguns by their proud parents.

Yep. They are, and i will be proud.

fact is, guns are illegal in Mexico. And people still keep killing other people with them...

only the law abiding citizens don't have them to protect themselves.

Morocco is #1 at Cannibus, not corn. I thought this was common knowledge. :rolleyes:

That image is so full of crap. First of all, it is rather picky on what different nations get stuck with as their "number one". The US gets serial killers? Really? Out of all of the things that the US has the most of?

Corn? The US is the biggest producer of corn in the world. By far. The US produces over twice as much as the next highest, which is China. Over six times as much as the third highest, Brazil. Yet it says Morocco? Morocco isn't even in the top ten.

Internet users? South Korea has a population of 50 million. The US is rated at having about 75% of the country on the web. With a population of over 300 million the US has a ton more. China has a ton more, even more than the US. I suppose if they are going by percentage, South Korea might have a higher percent, but they certainly don't have the most.

tl;dr Chart is biased and wrong.

Yep. They are, and i will be proud.

fact is, guns are illegal in Mexico. And people still keep killing other people with them...

only the law abiding citizens don't have them to protect themselves.

I know, it's kinda apparent when your entire social and government system is producing psychos by the bucketload.

I know, it's kinda apparent when your entire social and government system is producing psychos by the bucketload.

Where are you from, if you want start tossing facts and dirt around. No really, where are you from? Assholes like you take one stupid obviously biased chart based on bullshit data and use it to justify your own prejudices and hate. ZOMG AMERICA MAKES PSYCHOS, I KNEW IT ALL ALONG

Grow up, you little shit.

Honestly Steve, why do you post shit like this? Just to stir up trouble? Get people gnashing their teeth at each other?

Honestly Steve, why do you post shit like this? Just to stir up trouble? Get people gnashing their teeth at each other?

It makes for entertaining reading during slow days at work. I say, bring em on! ;-)

U.S. citizens own 270 million of the world's 875 million known firearms, according to the Small Arms Survey 2007 by the Geneva-based Graduate Institute of International Studies

Talk about compensating for something ... lol.

Back