Tyrantula worth the money?

fajitamonster

Limp Gawd
So I got some cash fer my birthday and im wondering if the Razer Tyrantula is worth the money, If it isn't ill save myself some cash and go with the lycosa instead, which i hear is a pretty good keyboard too.

So I got some cash fer my birthday and im wondering if the Razer Tyrantula is worth the money, If it isn't ill save myself some cash and go with the lycosa instead, which i hear is a pretty good keyboard too.

My friend and I both have this keyboard. We feel it is excellent, however we got them for $48 each. I forgot what the deal was.

They are not worth $70+ that they normally go for. They are also quite large, and apparently some people get defects. Initially, mine didn't sit level so it required a coaster on one corner to prevent rocking. Somehow it's perfectly level now...

The firmware is annoying to update, but it eventually works just fine. Tactile response is excellent on mine (after break-in), and merely "good" on my friend's board.

I can reliably press 6 keys simultaneously. Gaming isn't improved at all unless you play games that can benefit from the MACRO features (MMO's I figure).

I'd say that if you get a good board, it should be fine. Try to get it at a place at which you can easily return it.

So I got some cash for my birthday and I'm wondering if the Razer Tarantula is worth the money? If it isn't I'll save myself some cash and go with the lycosa instead, which i hear is a pretty good keyboard too.

Sorry. I just got pissed off when I tried to goo Tyrantula like you spelled it thinking it was Razer just trying to be cool.

I had one, and I liked the key feel but for some reason I found it quite awkward to type on. It felt like the key placement was very slightly off, but that might just have been my imagination. I'm using the Lycosa now, and I'm very happy with it. Backlighting could be brighter (it's much brighter in WASD mode than full key mode), but at least it has full backlighting, and personally I don't miss the extra programmable keys from the Tarantula but you might.

the tarantula was cool, but not all the keys are back lighted, and the bezel (edges) picks up fingerprints like crazy.. I had to wipe it down all the time... I like the Saitek Cyborg... for gaming and typing, really nice kb.

Back