Tygon in Canada?

Why are you getting tygon? It's overpriced, bulky, and did I mention overpriced?

Get the Masterkleer stuff from jab-tech.com

As long as the product is worth less than 20$ shipped, you will be charged NO duties.

That first website is a JOKE! 380$ for an Athlon 3800 processor as a "blowout special" wtf.

Is Masterkleer going to bend as nicely as Tygon does?

Because I have some pretty tight bends I want to do with my tubing, I'm using some crap "Premium Vinyl" tubing and it can't bend worth a shit.

Borgschulze said:
Is Masterkleer going to bend as nicely as Tygon does?

Because I have some pretty tight bends I want to do with my tubing, I'm using some crap "Premium Vinyl" tubing and it can't bend worth a shit.

Yea, masterkleer bends well.

It's EVEN cheaper at mcmaster. 39 cents a foot. You could get like, a hundred feet, and it'd still be 39 bucks + shipping.

not suggesting that you do, though.

I find, with thinner walls, it bends easier than Tygon. You need to make a 90degree angle bend, with less than 4" of tubing before it kinks up too much. So, a 90 degree bend, with let's say 6" of tubing, would be fine.

Arcygenical said:
Why are you getting tygon? It's overpriced, bulky, and did I mention overpriced?

Get the Masterkleer stuff from jab-tech.com

As long as the product is worth less than 20$ shipped, you will be charged NO duties.

That first website is a JOKE! 380$ for an Athlon 3800 processor as a "blowout special" wtf.

ooh, and as if that`s not enough, the MCP655 is close to $125 while the D5 is close to $100! ROFL!

bigfoot is pretty good to deal with for watercooling gear. if nothing else, they usually ship fast.

tygon is pricey, but the clearflex 60 that i have tried is nowhere near as nice to work with.

i avoid importing from the US whenever possible. even if there are no serios duties (they have ALWAYS slapped me with plenty of them, even on a fucking $15 t-shirt) i have had to sit waiting for two weeks while customs screwed around with my parcel on at least 3 occasions.

now importing from italy or spain on the other hand.......5 days to get it in my hands, same shipping cost.

So it seems Tygon is worth it then.

I'm going to get a MCP-655 or the likes, and some Tygon in the coming weeks.

There are different grades of Tygon tubing. The best of the Tygon tubing is R1000 grade tubing. So keep that in mind if you do order tygon tubing.

Peterson said:
There are different grades of Tygon tubing. The best of the Tygon tubing is R1000 grade tubing. So keep that in mind if you do order tygon tubing.
R1000 is very soft from what I know, and R-3603 is highly recommended over it.

Borgschulze said:
R1000 is very soft from what I know, and R-3603 is highly recommended over it.
The Tygon R-3603 in 7/16"id is great stuff and I like it better than MasterKlear or my 1/2"id Tygon. JMO

Borgschulze said:
So it seems Tygon is worth it then.

I'm going to get a MCP-655 or the likes, and some Tygon in the coming weeks.

MCP655 for $80.92 @ NCIX. Those guys really know their stuff and service is good. The only reason I got my monitor and mobo elsewhere was because it was out of stock at NCIX. They also do sales often (such as the "Christmas in July" sale) so watch out for those too.

Something of a related question but does anyone know a place in the States where I could order some black Tygon tubing?

n00btard said:
MCP655 for $80.92 @ NCIX. Those guys really know their stuff and service is good. The only reason I got my monitor and mobo elsewhere was because it was out of stock at NCIX. They also do sales often (such as the "Christmas in July" sale) so watch out for those too.
You just saved me $30 minus shipping.

DFI Daishi said:
@Borgschulze: are you selling that MCP 600 i seem to remember you using?
Yep, it works now, I cleaned it out the best I could... I think the Zerex had too much build up for it...

One of the flaps where you bolt it down has been trimmed down a bit for size issues in one of NorthWizards cases, other than that, it's fine now.

Back