Tygon E-1000 tubing

Deltief

Limp Gawd
Im planing to use some Mayhems pastel white fluid and this tubing is suggested by Mayhem, does anybody have, or have ever used this product?
Im wondering about its characteristics, mainly flexibility. I cant find any reviews on this stuff, thanks

I haven't used this particular Tygon tubing, but I have used the R3400, R3600, and B-44 variations of their tubing with excellent results. Reading over the info on Sidewinder Computer it looks like it should have decent flexibilty.

I took a look over at the Mayhem site and they say to not use Tygon tubing. If you are set on using the Mayhem Pastel I would suggest other tubing. I have used Masterclear in some builds for friends and have not heard any complaints.

"Do not use Mayhems Pastel with Primochill tubing or Tygon tubing as Mayhems Pastel seems to react with it changing the colour of the tubing to a greenish colour. This is not the fault of Primochill, Tygon or Mayhems it is just a incompatibility issue. Pastel works fine with XSPC, Thermochill, Clear Flex, Masterclear and a few other brands."

http://www.mayhems.co.uk/front/pastel.html

If you are set on using the Mayhem Pastel I would suggest other tubing. I have used Masterclear in some builds for friends and have not heard any complaints.

Just in case you run into issues, because you will, its spelled Masterkleer. Mayhem misspelled it on their website. :)

I haven't used this particular Tygon tubing, but I have used the R3400, R3600, and B-44 variations of their tubing with excellent results. Reading over the info on Sidewinder Computer it looks like it should have decent flexibilty.

I took a look over at the Mayhem site and they say to not use Tygon tubing. If you are set on using the Mayhem Pastel I would suggest other tubing. I have used Masterclear in some builds for friends and have not heard any complaints.

"Do not use Mayhems Pastel with Primochill tubing or Tygon tubing as Mayhems Pastel seems to react with it changing the colour of the tubing to a greenish colour. This is not the fault of Primochill, Tygon or Mayhems it is just a incompatibility issue. Pastel works fine with XSPC, Thermochill, Clear Flex, Masterclear and a few other brands."

http://www.mayhems.co.uk/front/pastel.html

If you are set on using the Mayhem Pastel I would suggest other tubing. I have used Masterclear in some builds for friends and have not heard any complaints.

Weird, I read this

Mayhems Pastel Coolant

Mayhems Pastel is a mixed bag of tricks and has a extremely long life span. This product was developed in conjunction with "Ice Dragon Cooling" to produce pastel type colours for the PC user. Mayhems Pastel Coolants can be used up to 3 years in a system.

UPDATE : PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT Working, Tygon E1000 Working. "DEHP" free tubing is recommended for use with Mayhems pastel coolants.

heres the link http://www.overclock.net/t/1286896/mayhems-users-club

I have experience with E1000 using just distilled and silver. Initially I was dismayed that it clouded very quickly. But a friend told me about using Mayhems Pastel, that the effect with an opaque coolant is very different than with just water. He was very positive about it. I haven't seen it in person but apparently the pastel looks better with this stuff than with 'shiny' tubing. I guess it's like a matte v gloss kind of thing.

I should mention also that you need the thick walled version, e.g. 3/8"-5/8" or 1/2"-3/4". This bends very nicely. I've heard from two others that the thin walled 1/2"-5/8" is quite floppy and prone to kinking.

I have experience with E1000 using just distilled and silver. Initially I was dismayed that it clouded very quickly. But a friend told me about using Mayhems Pastel, that the effect with an opaque coolant is very different than with just water. He was very positive about it. I haven't seen it in person but apparently the pastel looks better with this stuff than with 'shiny' tubing. I guess it's like a matte v gloss kind of thing.

I should mention also that you need the thick walled version, e.g. 3/8"-5/8" or 1/2"-3/4". This bends very nicely. I've heard from two others that the thin walled 1/2"-5/8" is quite floppy and prone to kinking.

yeah, i use 1/2 3/4 tubing, i think it looks the best as well

Back