Two Worlds PC Game only $9.95 on Steam! 75% Off, Expires March 10th

Citizen86

Supreme [H]ardness
Decent RPG Game in a large world, similar to Oblivion. There was a large thread about it a while ago started by Cerebrex. I played it for a bit, but may start it up again, I thought it was pretty decent. Definitely worth it at only $10 bucks!

There are quite a few people who didn't like it though, but many that did... might want to read a review or two just to make sure you won't absolutely hate it ;)

Steam

Gamespot gave it a pretty decent 75 out of 100, and I believe some of the problems they encountered have been worked out in patches. I'd say it's worth the $10 dollars.

15 page Thread here at the [H] about it.

Thanks op! In for it, decent price, should provide enough entertainment once I beat Oblivion with the FCOM mod pack.

A lot of people on[H] shit all over this game, but I found it to be entertaining.

I got it for $12, and it's definitely a nice hack and slash in the 3rd person with lots of exploration.

I'm enjoying my time with it... it's not the best game in the world, but it's good for what it does.

Agreed. The game's multiplayer fairly sucks. But the single player is worth the 12 bucks I spent.

Thanks, OP! Just purchased for 9.95! A hot deal, indeed, even if it's not the best. I haven't played a decent single player RPG in a LONG time!!! It'll be a nice change of pace from my multiplayer gaming. I could use a good story. About how many hours of gaming is the single player campaign good for?

It's a decent story, if not a little "stock". I believe there are quite a few hours of gameplay you can do though. I played it when it first came out, and even with the ability to teleport to many places, I still put probably 15-20 hours into it and only got to about 4 or 5 cities, felt like there was still a lot more because there were still enemies that were kicking my ass. I did some of the main story but lot's of side quests too.

Really decent RPG if you're looking for a new one and looking for a huge open world to explore.

It's a decent story, if not a little "stock". I believe there are quite a few hours of gameplay you can do though. I played it when it first came out, and even with the ability to teleport to many places, I still put probably 15-20 hours into it and only got to about 4 or 5 cities, felt like there was still a lot more because there were still enemies that were kicking my ass. I did some of the main story but lot's of side quests too.

Really decent RPG if you're looking for a new one and looking for a huge open world to explore.

That's what I like!! Oh I wish they made a non mmo RPG that you could have your own house one... remember the old ultimas or ultima online, even? The old ultima series games could be modded with hack mover. I would make my own little home or take over someone's tower or castle in the game. Then I would go back and play the game with a home to teleport to and stash all my loot. In some versions you could even program your own NPC's! So I could have my own servants, guards, and court jester all within my house or castle. Ultima online continued this ability with vendors and statues you could dress, modify, and use to decorate your house. Why don't more MMO's or RPG's offer these kinds of features? Oh how I pity the day that the Ultima standalone games died out... so sad. They had features and characteristics I haven't seen employed in games for years, but to me are severely lacking.

Nevertheless, thanks OP. Download 30% complete....

lol I know what you're talking about. When I played Morrowind for the first time I found a nice cosy house in the middle of town.... and killed the owner :p Made that my house for quite some time throughout the game. I think it was Balmora

I don't think you can buy a house in this game.... don't remember if you claim somebodies house though, hehe.

Asheron's Call was a cool MMORPG back in the day. You could buy apartments, houses, and finally a big ol' mansion for your whole guild. That was fun times raiding opposing guild's mansions and since I sucked I would be killed by the first fireball thrown :eek:

Sweet, I'm waiting for the Witcher: Enhanced edition so if I get tired of Smash Brothers Brawl maby this will provide a good distraction.

Thanks for the heads up OP! I boughtr a copy for myself and giftyed a copy for a close friend, I bet she will enjoy it! :)

Sweet, I'm waiting for the Witcher: Enhanced edition so if I get tired of Smash Brothers Brawl maby this will provide a good distraction.

I just ordered the International version. I have seen good things about the Witcher.

I just ordered the International version. I have seen good things about the Witcher.

Witcher is definitely worth playing if you are into RPGish type games. Some performance issues but patches have helped a lot.

Another game like that is Vampire bloodlines, its getting a little bit long in the tooth, but its worth playing if you havent, especially with all the unoffical patches that are out. Its too bad Troika isnt around anymore, pretty much all of their games were underrated (the studio was made up of some of the old fallout crew, Arcanum another one of their games was kind of a spiritual successor to fallout)

Anyway sorry about the rant, I will probably pick this up and give it a shot, thanks OP.

You know, it downloaded fine, and there are no glitches or lockups, even though I'm in vista 64 bit. But I gotta say, so far I'm not impressed. The story seems pretty decent, but the cutscene renderings are crap quality. I think Ultima 8 had higher res cut scenes than this, and that game is 10 yrs + old!! And even with the graphics maxxed they are still not even guild wars caliber. I need to buy oblivion, I guess... Everything runs smooth, and I'm into the story, but I was hoping to get a $40 game for $10, not a $10 game for $10. Oh well. I like the world and the horseback riding part is pretty cool, but I can't figure out combat very well while on horseback....

Does anyone have problems with lack of music or lack of sound from this downloaded version?

You know, it downloaded fine, and there are no glitches or lockups, even though I'm in vista 64 bit. But I gotta say, so far I'm not impressed. The story seems pretty decent, but the cutscene renderings are crap quality. I think Ultima 8 had higher res cut scenes than this, and that game is 10 yrs + old!! And even with the graphics maxxed they are still not even guild wars caliber. I need to buy oblivion, I guess... Everything runs smooth, and I'm into the story, but I was hoping to get a $40 game for $10, not a $10 game for $10. Oh well. I like the world and the horseback riding part is pretty cool, but I can't figure out combat very well while on horseback....

Yeah, so far Mount&Blade has been far supier to this game. The combat from what I can tell is shitty. I might play it a little more but my initial impressions aren't too good. At least I liked the opening song.

Yeah, so far Mount&Blade has been far supier to this game. The combat from what I can tell is shitty. I might play it a little more but my initial impressions aren't too good. At least I liked the opening song.

yeah. I like the music but the combat is kinda silly. Graphics are a little sub-par for a game that new.

Pretty good game. I actually enjoyed it a quite a bit and put a good amount of hours into it though I don't feel like playing through it again because I explored and did pretty much everything in the game my first time through...lol. But for those who don't have it, it's definitely worth the $10 to check it out.

I remember reviews saying that horse riding was pretty bad... I don't remember too clearly, but I think I ran most of the time when I played it, heh. It might take a little time to get into it, or maybe you just won't get into it, I can't say.

I remember reviews saying that horse riding was pretty bad... I don't remember too clearly, but I think I ran most of the time when I played it, heh. It might take a little time to get into it, or maybe you just won't get into it, I can't say.

Well, I've been playing for 2-3 hours at it now. Having a hard time getting into it. The combat is stupid as I've ever seen. How come I can only damage a skeleton in the dungeon with spells? I bash it time and time again with the sword, and no damage. It just kills me. I have to run around (you can outrun any enemy, it seems, even bears and wolves, merely on foot. You're SO FAST!) and wait for mana to recharge and keep blasting them with fireballs. It gets REALLY FREAKING OLD after 30 min of that just to kill 3 skeletons. So far I am very not impressed with this game....

Well, I've been playing for 2-3 hours at it now. Having a hard time getting into it. The combat is stupid as I've ever seen. How come I can only damage a skeleton in the dungeon with spells? I bash it time and time again with the sword, and no damage. It just kills me. I have to run around (you can outrun any enemy, it seems, even bears and wolves, merely on foot. You're SO FAST!) and wait for mana to recharge and keep blasting them with fireballs. It gets REALLY FREAKING OLD after 30 min of that just to kill 3 skeletons. So far I am very not impressed with this game....

its the type of damage you're doing an the sword is doing. Skeletons are a more advanced race, you'll need some better weapons - especially if you're just 2-3 hours into the game, you're probably far from being able to fight them. I think skeletons are only effected by bludgeon damage.

I think skeletons are only effected by bludgeon damage.

QFT. You could be a nice, high level wielding some ballsy swords but you'll still do squat for damage against skeletons. Even using a low-level mace is better in that situation than a nice sword.

QFT. You could be a nice, high level wielding some ballsy swords but you'll still do squat for damage against skeletons. Even using a low-level mace is better in that situation than a nice sword.

thanks for the tips guys. I'll try that.

Well.. I can't even get the game to start. It just crashes as soon as I try running it.

Does anyone have problems with lack of music or lack of sound from this downloaded version?

I would fall into this category. I've tried all the "fixes" and none of them work.

I have sound during the loading of the game, but nothing in the menus or actual game. :mad:

Just fixed my sound problem by reinstalling DirectX.

I think the games worth the 10 bucks, for the laughs alone.

I just wish it had cutscenes that were rendered better. For a 2007 new game, they look like crap. No one can deny that. Looks like they're rendered at 640x480! I do like the game's music though.

i jumped, i had the disc but my friend who gave it to me had no key.

It's not bad by any means, its not great either. It sort of does what i expected...i agree with the cut scenes, they are like late 90s bad

also would have liked a long hair model...not these weird businessman haircuts...

aside from that did anyone else bite? if so you guys wanna hook up and play through online? if so shoot me a pm and we can screw around with it

I would fall into this category. I've tried all the "fixes" and none of them work.

I have sound during the loading of the game, but nothing in the menus or actual game. :mad:

I fixed it by reinstalling DirectX as well.
Hopefully this helps anyone else with this problem.

I just wish it had cutscenes that were rendered better. For a 2007 new game, they look like crap. No one can deny that. Looks like they're rendered at 640x480! I do like the game's music though.

TwoWorlds_004.jpg

come on....

How the heck did you get the game looking that good? Texture mod of some sort?

How the heck did you get the game looking that good? Texture mod of some sort?

Yeah, Cerebrex, is that a different game? I've got EVERYTHING as high as it will go. You don't even want to see a screenshot of what the cutscenes look like on mine. It would make you remember the old cutscenes from the Ultima series... Is that a pic from a cutscene or from the game? The game graphics look better than the cut scenes, but even so, they don't look as good as your screenie ... almost, I guess. Looks like that is a screenshot from the actual game. I was talking about the rendered videos.

Well.. I can't even get the game to start. It just crashes as soon as I try running it.

Yeah I had the same problem. Just keep hitting Esc as it loads and it'll go through alright. I have no idea why, but I found the answer randomly on a forum and *shrug* it works for me too. It sucks but it's a workaround.

Back